Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your views on Mimmo Caso he hasn't had an easy job so far but is doing not so bad with some obvious problems.So what is the jury on him in your opinion?

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
No.
But I hope he proves me wrong.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
I think he's too conservative with his tactics. I don't see him as a long-term manager, either.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think Cosmi would'nt be a bad choice actually. :smileani:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Biancoceleste said:
Cosmi is not an option!
At the moment he really is'nt but anything is possible Lazio are a pretty big club and Serse will relish the chance to coach them.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Cosmi is a Roma fan and insulted our fans the last time Perugia visited Olimpico to play against us. So, no way in hell for him to be accepted by the fans and I really doubt he will be too eager to coach Lazio.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Cosmi isn't welcome. And frankly, I don't see why he's considered such a great manager in the first place.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,210 Posts
Simeone would love to coach Lazio. Wouldn't that be something. Of course it won't happen right away, as he's still studying for it, and I'm sure he'll be looking to gain some experience elsewhere first. But as with Mancini, it could happen while he's still a 'young' coach. Maybe in a season or two.

For now I guess we'll stick with Caso. He was coach of Lazio's youth team for a long time and guided them to the championship. Surely it can't just be him that's to blame for Lazio's poor performance. Eventhough he is making a mistake in adapting the available players to his tactics, rather then adapting the tactics to the available players. But a lot of coaches do that, especially those who've been coach a long time, ego comes into to it I guess. Eriksson stuck with 4-5-1, eventhough he didn't have the players for it anymore, Zoff had his 3-5-2, Zac his 3-4-3. The exception was Mancini, who had his experience as player fresh in memory, and had no objections to switching from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 when necessary. We may dislike him now, but in his first season with Lazio he achieved great results and was hailed for his attacking style of play. Only when he started to care more about Inter than about Lazio did it go downhill. But even a coach like him isn't a guarantee for success, look at Inter this season to see that. So in then end it shouldn't really all come down on the coach, whoever it is, they can and should play an important part in the equation, but it's a joint effort and players have a equally big part in it.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kafka said:
Cosmi isn't welcome. And frankly, I don't see why he's considered such a great manager in the first place.
IMO he performed wonders with a side that had a below par squad to say the least,So he's shown his true colours and qualities for a while now.He deserves a big gig and is bringing genoa back to serie A also.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Those wonders include one Intertoto...and what else? Getting relegated, ultimately. He did ok, but nothing that special. Granted, he did have to cope with Gaucci's insanity of changing half the squad every season, but I thought he always had a good enough squad to avoid relegation.

Getting his system to work with all the new players was something of an accomplishment, but nothing that spectacular. He's an ok coach, but not great.

Anyway, with his "Forza romas" he's more likely to end up on the other side of Olimpico.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Schumy said:
IMO he performed wonders with a side that had a below par squad to say the least,So he's shown his true colours and qualities for a while now.He deserves a big gig and is bringing genoa back to serie A also.
Why don't you tout him for the Milan-job then?

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Boyo said:
Eriksson stuck with 4-5-1, eventhough he didn't have the players for it anymore, Zoff had his 3-5-2, Zac his 3-4-3.
Maybe my memory fails me, but I'm pretty sure that Zoff almost always played with 4-4-2, except for that one experiment in the start of 2001/02 season. An experiment which failed miserably, and he had to back to four-man defence. And as I recall it, Zac continued where Zoff left, playing with a back four for the rest of that season. The only good thing out of Zac's stint with Lazio was using Stam as the right-back, which Mancini used to great effect...

I agree with you on Mancini. He was a great coach for us before he decided to leave for Inter. It's a shame really, and I'm glad to see his Inter struggle.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Biancoceleste said:
Why don't you tout him for the Milan-job then?
Because we have a world class coach in Carletto buddy ;) Kafka getting relegated eventually that's right and what squad did he have to work with?let's be serious how many could've done as well as he did?

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Perugia's squad was not that bad, you know.

Maybe my memory fails me, but I'm pretty sure that Zoff almost always played with 4-4-2, except for that one experiment in the start of 2001/02 season. An experiment which failed miserably, and he had to back to four-man defence. And as I recall it, Zac continued where Zoff left, playing with a back four for the rest of that season.
I agree, we have played 4-4-2 in the vast majority of games when Zoff and Zac were coaches.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,210 Posts
Seems it's my memory that fails me then... :eek: ;)

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anomander Rake said:
Perugia's squad was not that bad, you know.

I agree, we have played 4-4-2 in the vast majority of games when Zoff and Zac were coaches.
Yeah it was'nt so bad until the last season where he barely had much quality to choose from.still he done a fantastic job IMO.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Caso was a wrong choice :( although i was ready to give my support to the guy who is coming from inside Lazio circles, it was a wrong choice.

Zoff is the answer.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts