Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure that the Santistas miss him very much! Now he playes for 3d year in Olympiakos, the Greek champions. He is something like God here! :D

Attachments

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
A god? Giovanni resembles Pele in Cup games against 3rd and 2nd division sides but he chockes in a spectacular way against any decent team. ;)

Come on, only blind Olympiakos fans can be happy with him after his first season...

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Giovanni is a decent player, atleast when he played for Barca. He's not one of those players that ever made it big time or whatever but he's not that bad. :angel:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Oh come on, He's had a few flashy games.. He's nothing even close to being a stud, haha he's being a god Olympiakos? :D

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Giovanni

Only 3 years at Olympiacos? Wasn't he there at the time he started WC 98? Played the first 30 minutes for Zagallo, who (Zagallo) then felt my television going out the window and replaced him with Leonardo who stayed the course. To Zagallo's credit, he said the guy played too much like a bureaucrat.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
DOug,
Actaully it was not Zagallo who put him in the team. It was Zico, and to the credit Zico was right. Then Zagallo waited 45 minutes to subsitute Giovanni and put his big Friend Leonardo in the team. Giovanni should have been given more time in the World Cup!

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
DOug,
Actaully it was not Zagallo who put him in the team. It was Zico, and to the credit Zico was right. Then Zagallo waited 45 minutes to subsitute Giovanni and put his big Friend Leonardo in the team. Giovanni should have been given more time in the World Cup!
I remember he only played the first game,But he was horrible and looked out of form.I also belive he should have given another chance during the wc98.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I really like Giovanni. He scored some beautiful goals for Barça and his assists to Ronaldo wasn`t exactlly something you see a decent player do. He just to be very dynamic, I remeber a Ronaldo goal when Giovanni took the ball outside our penalgty area and went just right through the opositions and then just handed the ball over to Ronaldo who placed it behind the keeper. But Giovanni had two problems, he is very inconsistent and he wasn`t dutch. The second doesn`t work when your coach is called Louis Van Gaal.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Robban said:
I remeber a Ronaldo goal when Giovanni took the ball outside our penalgty area and went just right through the opositions and then just handed the ball over to Ronaldo who placed it behind the keeper.
Yeah I remember that game,it was against Athletico Madrid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts