Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Do.

He may have been changing his teams every five seconds, he's also pretty subjective yet his topics used to be a big success.

The world football forum hasn't been the same ever since he abandoned XT.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Actually I forgot about him untill you brought up this thread. Do I miss him? HELL NO!

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
I had forgotten about him too, and no, I don't miss him, as he started way too many arguments across the board. It's a pity, too, because some of his topics were alright, but he was also extremely biased against what I love, so I really didn't care for him.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Calcio100 brough to this place something
that is lacking nowdays

Controversy without being vulgar or disrespectful

the size of almost every thread he started prove
that he knew how to start a debate, not like some people
who just open threads cause when they were kids
they did not get any attention from their moms
and they are looking it now from the comunity.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
We've always lacked controversy here, it's part of the aim of the board. To avoid possibly confrontational situations. That's why we can't have political messages in our avatars or signatures, their goal is to simply keep this as a non-controversial football board.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
It's a pity, too, because some of his topics were alright, but he was also extremely biased against what I love, so I really didn't care for him.
whats the problem about being biased, Arent WE alll in some way? its not like Calcio100 was the commentator of a big mass media network like ESPN and he reach an audience worldwide.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
yup, i do miss him (though he was anti united, and started 4 anti rooney threads)

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
I know, of course we're all biased. It'd be a boring world if not. I failed to add that he subjected others to his biased views in ways not deemed suitable. Like a thread that just downright insulted American soccer. I understand bias, I get it a lot towards my country on this board, but there's no need to run around creating threads on it.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Calcio was the flavour of the month in my opinion, I don't think he knew himself what he wanted to get from his threads.

He just rambled on about his bias views and hoped someone would attack back, which always happened.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
I miss him:cool:

but I thought that the poster IamEnglish was him:eek:

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
I miss him. I said it too when he left. The guy is a legend :proud: :D

·
Registered
398 Posts
The board is certainly lacking something since he departed. I'm not sure if it was a comical relief he gave with his topics and replies, or that he gave most users a common ground of hatred, but he had an effect. Something that cannot be said for any ol' user.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
I hated the way he was pro-Arsenal/English football one week and was completely anti-Arsenal/English football the next. He could've at least picked a stance and stuck with it, and not looked like a hypocritical prat.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
There'll be a new calcio. A community as big as this will not be complete without one.

I agree with Khimik as to why many dislike him here. Although if there's one thing he'll will always stick to is his total dislike of Zidane :D :pp

In due time, things will be back to normal.

Here's an interesting thing to ponder for those who miss calcio - do you guys wonder if calcio misses/missed/is missing XT? :shades:

·
Registered
3,575 Posts

·
Registered
60,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Seriously, nearly all of the threads here these days are dead boring. "Best LB in the world" "Best RW in the world" etc...

The guy knew how to start quality discussions. What's so fun about a topic on say for example the best RB in the world ? We all know the best players that play at RB, so there's no fun in it whatsoever.

Come back, Calcio. :thumbsup:

·
1st Tier Poster
50,164 Posts
The problem with him was that he knew very little about football and his topics had little quality. I must say that his threads were usually quite funny ( mostly because everything he said was plain wrong or very exaggerated, maybe on purpose), but he made too much of them, he was basically spamming this forum.

·
Registered
59,138 Posts
Faisal said:
Why was he banned? Is he banned or has he left?

Anyway the more the better
he left since he had enough of it here.

A shame since he imo was the best poster of the world football forum by a long distance. Come back CMburns/Calcio100 :fero: :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts