Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Given how things currently are do you think Chelsea look a strong bet to take the Premier league title away?I'm sticking with the Gunners mainly because they know the run home better than the Blues.But it will be tough.

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Chelsea have an excellent manager and players so I think it is likely.
They don't have the best out-and-out strikers (though Drogba and Kezman are very good) but they have what most great teams have and Arsenal (and Man U) don't - a world class keeper.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Yes, they have the ability to win it this season with all unlimited resources and good manager behind them in Jose Mourinho. However, I believe Arsenal still can chase them especially if we manage to fix our defensive capability.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
It's only December. In fact, we haven't even had the busy Christmas-New Year fixtures yet. Sure, they have a big squad, but Jose doesn't seem to like rotating players other than Tiago and Smertin, and they're crap to begin with.

We'll see what the table looks like after the busy fixture lists coming up first. We, and United, have experience with dealing with this time of the season - he doesn't. He's normally on holiday now with their winter breaks. They'll drop points at some stage.

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
I honestly think Celsea will win. Celsea are too strong. Celsea have all the strong players upfront and Celsea manager is very good too. We are so lame. We can beat Celsea only in our dreams. Celsea have already won the premiership and the next 5 months are only formality for Celsea and rest of the teams.

Go Celsea Go !

:D

nEEbz

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
but remember Gentleman, don't forget about Manester Uited, anyone writing off Manester Uited is a fool. ;) :D

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
but remember Gentleman, don't forget about Manester Uited, anyone writing off Manester Uited is a fool. ;) :D

watz wid ur spelling, Tern Mizardhouz ? :wth:

:D

nEEbz

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
hehe

btw, isn't this interesting, even though you made major spellings mistake but I still ended up reading it without a mistake/mis-interpretation ? :eek:

I guess spellings are now just a formality , Haroon/Cocoon/Maroon/Saloon etc ..all one and the same ;)

nEEbz

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Awww Stop taking the mick over spelling - I can't spell many foreign team names either. It's hardly a mistake on a par with Alex Ferguson saying Kiev is in Russia, is it?

·
63,337 Posts
Alex Ferguson thinks Manchester is in Scotland though, no-ones told him yet. :shades:

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Looks like Joaquin is heading to Stamford Bridge in the winter window.

Feckin unbelievable!!

What must Joe Cole be thinking as it looks like Joaquin/Duff/Robben will be rotated behind either Drogba or Gudjhonsen.When you have wallets of the size of Abrahmovic,then winning the League could become relatively easy!:rollani:

·
63,337 Posts
Shaf said:
Looks like Joaquin is heading to Stamford Bridge in the winter window.

Feckin unbelievable!!

What must Joe Cole be thinking as it looks like Joaquin/Duff/Robben will be rotated behind either Drogba or Gudjhonsen.When you have wallets of the size of Abrahmovic,then winning the League could become relatively easy!:rollani:

I think Joaquin and Robben will be the two 1st teamers, i think Duff will end up as a squad player as long as Joaquin does the bizzo.

Duff could be a United player by next summer if you fancy him IMO.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Cole will probably leave during the break as well.So might Parker.

Can't see Mourinho letting Duff leave because then he'd be back to square one with only to pacy wingers in the side unless he decides to get Vicente as well.

Seriously if the transfer of Joaquin does get through then it will have a critical impact in the title-race!

·
1st Tier Poster
49,993 Posts
Shaf said:
Seriously if the transfer of Joaquin does get through then it will have a critical impact in the title-race!
Chelsea already has the best pair of wingers in the world. Joaquin wouldn't make much difference imo.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
anything is possible, i think they can cose obviouslty we are not playing well and not even in 2nd place

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
i woud bet on us, we have the experience, and were starting to play well agian, and we face chelsea with a very young midfield of reyes 21, flamini20, cesc 17.

·
63,337 Posts
Shaf said:
Cole will probably leave during the break as well.So might Parker.

Can't see Mourinho letting Duff leave because then he'd be back to square one with only to pacy wingers in the side unless he decides to get Vicente as well.

I can't see how he can play more than two wingers unless he starts playing with a hexagon shaped pitch at Stamford Bridge. :D

personally i don't think Joaquin is any better than Duff and i think it will not matter much who he plays, Joaquin is more gifted but Duff is far more consistent.

if Duff isn't playing he seems the sort of guy to me that would demand a move.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts