Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking back at when Luis Figo departed Barcaelona in rather hasty ways,The anger directed towards perhaps more justified it seemed to the Barca fans especially as he was heading off to barca's biggest rivals arguably Real Madrid.
As time has gone by how do you feel towards him?Do you respect him for making the move to the Benabeau, especially giving the Circumstances and what the players ambitions were and still are.
Or do you still have that animosity towards a player who chose to depart the Catalans for the famous real Madrid.

·
1st Tier Poster
48,824 Posts
He left Barca in such a idiotic manner that most of Barca fans probably never forgive him.I was also dissapointed when this highly controversial transfer took place, but nowadays I couldn't care less about him.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did'nt think so really to be quite honest.The Transfer was so messy to say the least and the fans were that furious.As in history fans have'nt taken to lightly to one player crossing from barca to real or vice-versa.
figo surely was no exception,I guess in a way it came as some sought of Insult.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
I don't think so.

One of my favorites memories with Figo is now remembering the WC in 2002 with an American fan having a banner saying Figo Who?:D

Imagine, Americans making fun of Figo, I wonder if he was also a Barcelona fan.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
this is still an open festering wound. Climaxing to a boiling pot of hatred at the bay of pigs! The abuse he faced was nothing but astounding.

All I can say is where have you been? this topic is still heated today as it was yesterday and will always be.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
It's not an issue of leaving or not... Schuster went to Madrid, Milla went to Madrid, Laudrup wen{to Madrid, and also Samitier, Zamora, etc. etc. etc. The problem was HOW he did.

He's the biggest liar of football history. He spent one month saying: "I won't leave", "I'll stay here", "the last place I'd go is Madrid", etc... only days before leaving, when he already had a contract with Real Madrid.

Check this:
There's a SPORT cover here
http://es.geocities.com/adri_arregui/antifigo.htm

Im going to translate you:

Figo talking about Florentino's speech saying he already had Figo during the 2000 RM elections: "I decide my future"

Besides he said: "I'm barcelonista, my intention and my will is to continue in Barcelona"

"I don't want to be an issue of the Real Madrid elections"

All this, only few days before leaving, when he already had signed his contract with Real Mandril.

We all know that they are professionals, so I can understand many things, but I can't understand his lies. He wasnnife honour backe never said why he left, he only inserted a knife on our back. Like Judas.

This is Figo and that's why he will never put a foot in Barcelona. I only could laugh when I listen him saying that he wanted to live in Barcelona after I retire...he's as false as the "pesetas".

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Handoyo said:
*Waiting for Schumy to ask Interisti "Do you forgive Ronaldo for leaving Inter?"
It's not the same, you sold him. Real Madrid paid the indemnization clause and we couldn't do anything.

Inter could (should) have forbided Ronaldo to leave. Ronaldo pushed to leave, but the last word was yours. I understand what Inter did, because it's hard and expensive to have a player who wants to leave. Anyway, Inter got what they deserved, you also convince him to leave Barcelona and you paid the indemnization clause... so I don't care if Inter fans feel insulted. Ask Moratti, he sold Ronaldo because he wanted to sell him.

·
Registered
967 Posts
FIGO IS A ****ER. HE DIDNT NEED TO LEAVE BECAUSE WE WERE WINNING TITLES, HE LEFT FOR THE MONEY SO I WILL NEVER FORGIVE HIM. SCHUMY I DO HOWEVER LIKE LUIS ENRIQUE BECAUSE HE HAS EMBRACED CATALUNYA AND THE TEAM, HE DIDN'T COME FOR THE MONEY AND HE IS NO FIGO

FIGO = PESETARO, JUDAS, CABRON

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Koeman4 said:
It's not the same, you sold him. Real Madrid paid the indemnization clause and we couldn't do anything.

Inter could (should) have forbided Ronaldo to leave. Ronaldo pushed to leave, but the last word was yours. I understand what Inter did, because it's hard and expensive to have a player who wants to leave. Anyway, Inter got what they deserved, you also convince him to leave Barcelona and you paid the indemnization clause... so I don't care if Inter fans feel insulted. Ask Moratti, he sold Ronaldo because he wanted to sell him.
They may have left in a different way but they're both backstabbing betraying [email protected] ;)

The thing is, of course Moratti or Cuper would love to have Ronaldo stay with Inter. Even though Moratti is a bit moronic, he's not insane enough to be selling Ronaldo. But what can he do when Ronaldo kept b!tching that Cuper hates him and that he wanted to leave??? When a player doesn't have anymore desire to stay, we have no choice. True, the last word was ours. But when a player doesn't want to play for Inter anymore, he definitely won't be the same Ronaldo if he plays under the Inter jersey.

Ronaldo didn't lie to us by saying he's loyal to Inter, not like what Figo did. But Figo didn't get injured for 3+ years. The Inter fans waited for Ronaldo patiently, year after year. Hell, they even made a 'Ronaldo' day. Tons of e-mails and wishes were sent to the Brazillian.

And after his return, winning the golden boot in a competition which is absolutely useless for us Interisti, just look at what he did. :fero:

I don't know the background of Ronaldo's transfer from Barca to Inter but nobody deserves to be backstab like this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
keep in mind that he had the chance to switch to lazio before going to madrid ( lazio was a huge team at the time - nedved, veron, salas, almeyda) but he took madrid FOR THE MONEY :greed: :greed: :greed: :greed: :greed: :greed:
NOT FOR AMBITION.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts