Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the rate we are going i think we could be worse than Luxemburg soon, i think we need a complete overhaul of scottish football starting with the Old Firm, kick them out and then we should all laugh as they slide down the english leagues barely scraping relegation from the whole football league.

Then we should consider consigning ourselves to never ever being good again so we have no expectations so we can for once not be losers on the world stage, so when we do win we can laugh and rejoice even if it is only San Marino.

Ps George Burley should be our next manager

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Do we think Scotland will ever qualify for any major tournament again????

Yes.

·
Registered
892 Posts
This is just the start of the re-building process, we are all told. Berti Vogts will get us going again, when we get a team with what he thinks are our best players then we can see.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Yes we will, we will finish 2nd to Germany in qualifying for 2004 EC.

Then it depends on how we did against Germany to see if we get automatic qualifycation or wether we need to play-off.

Oh, and Old Firm sliding down English leagues? That's what your heart says, not your head.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is it just me or are we not being a bit harsh, talking about next managers etc. We have only played four games. I have said it before and ill say it again. The next world cup should be our aim, not the Euro championships where we will just embarrass ourselves again.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I reckon the Scottish game has a lot of potential. That, i think, can only beachieved if Berti Vogts stays in charge. He had some great idea's when he came over here, and this is jus testing ground for young players he thinks could be the future.

Honestly, ppl say they woudn't mind if a manger loses games that dont matter as long as they learn from it. Thats wot Berti's doing, and he's already being critised for it!!!

An overhaul of Scottish footie is required, maybe somethin similar to the J-League in Japan...

The S-League :
2 leagues of 16.
2 promotion/relegation spots. Play/offs for second spot.
Amatuer/junior clubs promoted into second division. 1 per season.
Max 3 foreigners per team.
30mins Golden Goal Extra Time used in league matches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts