Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just couldn't believe how lucky we are! After Deportivo's lost, I saw the daylight again. :)
These are our situation:
CL: What a pity! We can't take Carlos to Old Trafford. :( But a draw is still hopeful...
La Liga: 5 matches left now...5 points after Deportive...Real have three home games in the 5...our rivals seem easier than Barca's and Deportivo's and Zaragoza's...
Copa: we have a easiest opponent on paper...this is the biggest chance for us to win within those three titles.

D

·
0 Posts
Lemme see...

The Copa del Rey is obviously the easiest among the three. Espanyol have been easy opponents for us during the last couple of years. We can be confident of making it at least to the final where it's a 50/50 against Atletico.

La Liga, well let's look at it this way: if we win the next five games, we're assured of second and if Deportivo take 9 points or less from the 15, we could actually be champions! No matter what Barca or Zaragoza come up with. Deportivo taking 9 points or less is unlikely though as they only have La Liga to concentrate on. Win all 5 remaining games, that's the most we could ask for from our beloved (and lucky!) team.

The Champion's League is the grayest, I'd say. Our team's chances will be better reassessed after Wednesday night's match against Man U. As for now the likely final is Valencia V Bayern. I'd love to get a crack at Bayern though and avenge the 4-2,4-1 losses. Imagine their pain!

D

·
0 Posts
Real is capable of winning the remaining 5 matches, but we all like some goals from them. Who doesn't want Man Utd out of the CL????, but will it be Real who's going to do it??, if there really won't be a certain Roberto Carlos, then Real are seriously handicapped in many aspects. About Bayern, they were lucky to draw with Porto, theyr'e at home in the 2nd leg, they'll probably win, but anything can happen, and I'm certainly not putting my money yet on then reaching the Final, nor Valencia.
Unless Barca does the amazing and beats Atletico 4-0 or something and still goes through, Real Madrid have got the best chance of winning.
Congrats to Raul for scoring his 100th league goal.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I think all of you are underestimating Espanyol. We only drew 0-0 at the Bernabeu. Now, how the heck do yall expect us to come up with something better at Estadio Olimpico Muntjic(???)? I really don't understand - this is the easisest on paper, but if we go for all three ttles we may just end up with nothing, like Barcelona will most likely :) :) :) Seriously, we have a VERY big chance in la Liga with Deportivo slipping. If the La Coruna men couldn't take out Rayo it means something is wrong down there and we should pray for it to keep getting worse. IMO we have a really big chance in La Liga but we cannot lose a single point till' the end of the season - something like AC Milan last year.

About our game at manchester: one thing to say: if we don't have Roberto Carlos we're totally fuc*ed. Dorado won't be able to stop Becks and neithe will Karanka. WHY did we let jarni go!???? He would have been perfect for this place in such a prestigous game. Why is Roberto Carlos not fit? He was supposed to recover! God Damnit!

D

·
0 Posts
Carlos said that he expect to play. He felt some pain (right ankle) today at the training, but he is still quite confident. What I fear is a bad injury for him if he's not at 100%. I know it's a crucial game, but I wouldn't risk him though, cause we badly need him for the end of the season.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Roberto Carlos is said to play tomorrow. If he can, he must. It's our only chance to cut out Bexy. Let's just hope we get through Manure and then go on and take the league. it's still all possible, but with a smart rotation system. I dunno if any of you guys realize this, but the upcoming seven days are absolute deciders:
we lose to manure we're out
we lose in la Liga, it's over
we lose to Espanyol, it's over
, but!
if we win all three of those games, we can get the triple! But then again how much luck can you have guys?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, victory makes everything seems beauty, I even smiled to a MU fan who was beside me :)

After I counted, Real has 10 important macthes left which will determine its destiny. Today, we have done a BIG one already!
5 in League, a draw means failure. We must sink our teeth into every single match.
3(maximum) in CL, maybe after one draw/lose can still keep across, to keep our fingers cross! Can we beat Mayern if we play as today? Lucky that that they lost Lizalazu, Effenberg and Mattaus this time.
2(maximum) in Copa, I didn't underrate Espanyol, but it is simply the least important one, so that we can take it easier...

After the big one, I felt hope
Still dream of it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts