Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I dunno whether I have come to the right place to post this thread. I choose to post it in here is because there are a lot of pple patronising this forum and hopefully could attract a few attention from the public and hope that this will eventually reach the authority and make an intensive investigation on this issue.

I am very sad and disheartening to say this(although I believe that this is not true at all. Hopefully, the fact wil show otherewise), according to some bookies who my frens knew, there are rumors that say that this year World Cup 2002 is fixed!:eek: It may not be all the matches but all those important matches where they fave team is expected to win but lost in the end. There are lotsa of report in our country that there are several bookies arrested and they are somehow linked to an international gambling syndicate.

This is their plan. First, they want all the fave team to lose and be booted out in the First round. Especially Brazil half of the WC. When the team like France and Argentina lose their matches, The syndicate will earn a hefty profit from it. Afterall, Majority will buy the fave team to win! So according to plan, France loses their first match which profit the syndicate massively. France draw the next match and when France badly need to win against Denmark to survive which many pple expect them to do so, They lose 2-0 to Denmark! Imagine all the money going to the syndicate. Who will expect Denmark who draw against Senegal in their previous match will win against France! Conspiracy?

Wat about Argentina? Argentina ever so impressive against Nigeria, but lose against Sweden and when the odd is heavily on the Argentina to win against Eng, they lost and against Sweden, they drew when everybody expect to win and qualify! See the similiar pattern? The team will reach a crucial stages wre the team faces a make-or-break situation in the last match and they will be humbled during that match and booted out of the competition. Coincident?

But why France and Argentina? They are the hot fave! They have an impressive run-in to the WC and have good result in their friendly leading to the WC! They are expected to steamroll all their opponent! But it is all not to be. According to the International Gambling Syndicate plan, Their motive is to get rid of some of the fave team so as to make it easy for Brazil to reach till a very high stage wre everybody is convince that the ever impressive Brazil will go all the way and win the competition but at the crucial stages they will lose and out of the WC! But where will they fail? It gonna be at a stage wre Brazil form is super hot and is bound to win against their opponent but they will falter at the time! Why for this plan?? So as to cash in on all the bet that was on Brazil to win. See the similiarity again? They might fail against Belgium today or lose against Eng in the quartar final. Why did I say that? So far Brazil have been impressive in their group stages and so against Belgium whose form was rather undesirable, Few will expect Belgium to win so if an upset was to follow, The Syndicate will benefit alot however this might not be the case. Brazil might win against Belgium big time to serve as a sweetener to lure the taste bug of the bettor. Against the next match Eng where the odd are heavily stacked on Brazil to win, they lose dramatically and the syndicate will profit from it again.

One thing for sure according to my frens bookies tips, Brazil will go far in this tournament but they will not will the WC! So who will win? He mention that Eng is one of the team that will win. He did not say abt the rest of the team though. He commented that Denmark and Italy will definitely wun win the WC!(Denmark have been booted out and in a pathetic fashion. Notice the 2 goals Soresen concede? Rather lame ain't it?) Italy might be next althoght he did not reveal which stage will Italy fumble. Senegal will be booted out either in the Round 16 or in the quarter final(It seems that they will be booted out in the quarter finals as the script say so. P.S, I hope Senegal will win in the quarter to squash all this rumors) As for Japan and Korea, This is a tradition for the host to qualify for the Round 16 of the World cup so no surprise here although Portugal was scarifice. In the match against Poland vs USA, Everybody think that USA will win against Poland but wat a match it turn out to be, 3-1 to the poles!! There are leakage of news here in my country that Poland will win so everybody start buying Poland. The odd drop drastically in just a mere afternoon! This is something that have never happened b4 in my country! In the match between South Africa and Spain, The South Africa's GK make a huge mistake in the opening goals wre he mishandled the ball and allow Raul to walk in with the ball. A mistake? I dun think so. His 3rd was suspicious too. This is wat the bookies told my fren about the match! Spain was supposed to win the match but South Africa players think otherwise and equaliser the match. So to ensure Spain won their match, The 3rd and the final goal was concede by the GK to ensure the play goes exactly wre it is heading to. Unbelievable? I hope it is just a mistake!

All the match from Round 16 to the final was rigged according to him. The above are just some of the inside info he give it to my frens. So far one of the info is correct. Denmark was booted out and Eng advance while the rest still not sure however I could see that all the thing he say was slowly piece up together bits by bits! This WC have been full of upset after upset and the syndicate are counting their money every single day. I hope it is just his prediction and does not represent the truth, If it is, It will be a tragedy to all soccer!!! If all the inside Info was indeed proven correct, I hope the authority will be informed. That is why I will like to start this thread and hopefully the authority will read this and take action abt the whole scam!(Hell, I dunno how to reach the authority for this issue). However, unless proven correct, do not report this to the authority. Maybe this is just a joke from the bookie but If there are match fixing in this WC, I hope those players who shame the WC will be arrested and do justice to this wonderful WC!

(PS if u find this is not suitable in here, pls relocated this thread to a suitable place wre many more forum user will be able to read this thread.)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
These matters are always speculative but very often are loaded with heresay and blank innuendo..

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
i hope it is tru and all the WC starts again, but i dont think so, football is unpredictable and unfair, so anything can happen.
anyway, some people isa making a lot of money with this WC.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I heard rumor again yesterday and it have come true.

The very same fren of mine told me that USA will win against Mexico just B4 the match. I dun believe him at all as Mexico is the clear fave. But just inside 8 mins, USA score! I could hardly believe my eyes!!!!!!

Just as I thought Mexico will be awarded a penalty for that obvious ball handling in the boc by John O'Brien, It was turn off immediately by the ref and USA subsequently score another gaol to ensure that victory for USA. I think to myself, It muz have been a coincident!

This fren of mine then provide me with another 3 tips. Brazil to win against Belgium convincingly and face Eng. Eng will win Brazil and he is prepared to buy big on Eng win in the match against Bra. I decided to go against him and buy Bra to win. I am prepared to risk my money to prove that all his rumors are rubbish! However, It still remain unknown whether Eng will beat Bra in full 90 mins, extra time or in penalty. The last tip he gives is Japan to go thru to the quarter final today.

But what an events it turn out to be. Belgium was disallow a legitimate goal by the ref and Brazil eventually win thru 2-0 winer against Belgium. Had the Ref awarded that goal, Bra might struggle to win against Belgium. Purely Human error or was there something that we dun know about?

I dunno whether these are true or not. So far, Two of the tips that he give have been spot on. If Japan win and go thru today, It will be the third in a row that he get it right. I still dun believe that a huge event like the WC will be rigged. Hope that the result will show likewise. If all this is true, It will be a sad sad day for football!!!! Are the authorities listening?

·
Registered
15 Posts
(before anyone starts reading this post, (i have gone back and edited this), i just wanna say that i rambled on a lot because i was enraged by such a prospect of an ENTIRE world cup being fixed by some sort of a 'syndiciate',)the world cup is not fixed. how can someone persuade teams like france and argentina (especially argentina with its economic crisis) to just quit? the players are all multi millionaries, no company in the world (or international gambling syndicate, whatever) could ever afford dozens and dozens of the world's best players. the players value the world cup as priceless, and can make whatever any "syndicate" can offer them in one season.....so let's say they got offered 5 mil each, that's about 100 million dollars per team, multiply by like ten (all the games and various expenses), a billion dollars? hahaha, whatever! huge competitions like this cannot be fixed, people don't seem to understand that. there are people under people, officials watching out for other officials, etc........it's too big to contain. trying to fix the world cup is like trying to contain 6 billion people.......impossible. and if brazil does beat england and lose to a weak semifinalist team, that's because brazil sucks......not because someone decided to spend millions of dollars just to make more millions. and don't nobody say that there are other ways of fixing the cup, i won't believe it. each player on one of the main teams has way 2 much integrity and pride......soccer players are not greedy.....think about all the emotional baggage that comes with a world cup, do you think someone can just go and tamper with that? i think your friends just want at tention, or the 'bookies' do. the fact is that this world cup is being held on neutral territory, in japan and south korea......it might as well be held in another galaxy......tradition means nothing here, nor has soccer ability of a team as we have seen. i have faith in the 2006 cup for weeding out the little cheap teams. besides, all the little teams have already been weeded out in the second round...or at least most of em, there will be a little team that enters the semifinal and it will not be an upset.....simply because of the bracket they're in....sweden, senegal, japan, turkey......no big team could do anythign to change the bracket, so anyone who's saying what a shocker, a crappy team in the semifinal is wrong.....it's not a shocker, it's just the luck of the draw. sorry, i've been rambling but it's all for a simple reason: people who try and say the world cup is fixed is showing no respect for the game or the fans.....the world cup means way 2 much for me....imagine how much it means for the countries and players who've been waiting for years and years to play in it......the world cup is the greatest spectacle on earth, and it would take a huge planned effort to fix, a plan that would involve literally thousands of people......therefore a plan that would be found out very easily. the world cup overall has never and will never be fixed. a simple game could.....ahem, the spain ireland game was not even funny. i knew fifa hated spain, but to that degree ........come on. 13 offsides to one, two disallowed goals, enrique getting his head nearly chopped off in extratime and not getting a penalty, two penalties granted to ireland...and spain playing with ten men for 40 minutes.........go spain, i hope you win the cup! man this post is irrelevant, but i was just so angered by the mere comment that the world cup could be fixed.

basically....maradona himself with all his power, couldn't fix a world cup ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Zacxaviqer said:
I heard rumor again yesterday and it have come true.

This fren of mine then provide me with another 3 tips. Brazil to win against Belgium convincingly and face Eng.
brazil to win against belgium convincingly? :eek: what a prediction?! how bold do you have to be to make that one? come on! and anyone could of predicted usa beating mexico, both teams are plainly mediocre. and as for england beating brazil? your friend would hardly prove himself a genius by making that prediction. he sure does love going out on a limb, doesn't he? and im' sure japan will beat turkey, home soil, average team against average team....hm......home soil wins.

·
Registered
15 Posts
another thing, you mentioned that spain was supposed to win against south africa and the goalie purposefully let them win due to the 'syndicate's' (i can't write that without giggling) wishes. why in the world would they want spain to win, since everyone inevitably bet on them, them being the favorite to win the game. the gambling organization(s) would then just be LOSING money and not winning it by fixing the game for Spain's benefit.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I agree with BBV, I just dont think its possible to fix the WC
there will allways be surprise results and bad decisions in
football,I cant imagine all the players would take money to
loose a game either.
Even though i cant believe the way the WC is going i still
dont think fixing the whole thing is possible and I hope
can never happen.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BlackBeltVova said:
another thing, you mentioned that spain was supposed to win against south africa and the goalie purposefully let them win due to the 'syndicate's' (i can't write that without giggling) wishes. why in the world would they want spain to win, since everyone inevitably bet on them, them being the favorite to win the game. the gambling organization(s) would then just be LOSING money and not winning it by fixing the game for Spain's benefit.
Spain to win so as to provide some sweetners for the bettor for the next game?

See how they fared against Ireland, As expected with Spain 100% record of win in their group stage will be able to win against Ireland but they draw. Imagine the Syndicate earning the amt of money here for the match between Ireland and Spain.

U doesn't need to bribe the whole team to rigged a match. A couple of key players will do the job.

I really hope that what u have say is true. I really hope all rumors my fren have say are just a load of ****!!!!! WC is something that I have been waiting for the past 4 yrs and no way I gonna believe all those craps he told mi. The purpose of this thread is to show whether all this rumors are true. If all this are proven to be false, I will delete this straight away. But if the rumors are true and accurate, I hope the authority will do something abt it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
after the korea -italy game, i must say i'm not as avid to refuse the notion that it could be rigged. totti's red card? c ome on...the disallowed goal in extra time. we'll see...if us beats germany, and if brazil beats england then loses to senegal/turkey, then there will be no room to argue the fixed theory. although....it could be england who beats brazil and then loses....because they did convincingly beat denmark 3-0, but they didn't get any help from the refs, unlike brazil against belgium. brazil against turkey was controversial 2, especially with rivaldo not getting a punishment (although i think he did the right thing :) anyway, we'll see....i still refute that there coiuld be any fixing....although, they could always buy the refs and not hte players...ah, enough of this. the world cup will tell

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here are some interesting links about Italy's demise (I personally do think that there was a conspiracy against them):

http://sports.yahoo.com/m/world/news/reuters/20020618/reu-worlditalymooddc.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/m/sow/news/ap/20020618/ap-wcup-italy-refereerage.html

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/f1358.html

http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/f1425.html

Basically, right now I have serious doubts about the validity of this world cup...and if this world cup is indeed rigged, what about all the rest of them?! :( :( I'm hoping it's not fixed, but if USA beats germany I will become 50% sure it is....after the way Ireland and Spain played with the horrible calls against Spain, after the fact that Arg, Fra, Ita, AND Portugal all fell before the quarter finals....that's unprecdented, three of those teams are the best teams in the world. If Brazil convincingly beats England I will become 60% sure....now, after they convincingly beat England (if they do) that sets them up as HUGE, HUGE favorites against their semifinal opponet (Senegal/Turkey). Everyone will bet on brazil, but either Senegal or Turkey will win because of the cheating that will go on, if it does. Then I will be 100% sure, and if the rest of the world does not see that, then they are all blind. However, Brazil might not lose to Turkey/Senegal just because they are too good, even if the ref does call everythign against them. That's why we should all watch that semifinal game, just to see how the ref calls it. I pray that there are no such conspiracies in this world cup....:depress: But I am becoming ever more and more convinced.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
What you are saying is that if Turkey or Senegal goes all the way to the world cup final, its only because thats what fifa wants! Am I getting this right?

I hope that isnt what you saying!

·
Registered
15 Posts
after some careful thought, i've realized that there is no way (at ALL) that the world cup is rigged. i suggest for all of you to adopt the same firm belief.:cool: the world cup is the greatest spectacle on earth, and it can't be messed with :)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
My Opinion

It's tempting to call World Cups 'rigged'. There's so much political and economical gain in so many different countries... and then you add the 'betting houses'... it's certaily an attractive conspiracy theory.

It's an old accusation too. Many people believe that one of Italy's World Cup titles - the one played in Italy, during Mussolini's rule - was rigged to make the Azzurri win (curiously the Azzurri wore black and not blue on that WC, as it was the color of Mussolini's party).

I've heard dozens of times about the 1978 World Cup, won by Argentina, being also fixed - Argentina was also under a dictatorship, and the Argentina X Peru match from that Cup is to this day surrounded with suspicion.

And I'm sure there are other theories of this sort. For instance, ALL of Brazil's WC titles are questioned on the grounds that Havelange was FIFA president - but that leaves the question of, why did Brazil wait 24 years and five World Cups before winning their fifth title? I mean, nobody would've been surprised if Brazil had won WC '82, with that superb team we had; fixing that one would be easy. Havelange wasn't FIFa president during all the Cups Brazil won either; but conspiracy theories are never reasonable.

I respectfully listen to these theories and I must say few of them are convincing. of course, personal bias weights more heavily on some of us than on others; and I will admit that the Italy/Mussolini story, for example, sounds extremely likely. Believing or not in a conspiracy theory is, of course, a subjective and personal thing.

But I do not believe in this theory about the WC being rigged to make bookmakers rich. first, these bookmakers are already filthy rich. Second, something like this could see FIFA closed down, period - the European authority is very strict regarding consumer protection, and that would be a huge fraud. The very scope of the 'conspiracy' is difficult to believe: It would mean that practically 100% of this World Cup's referees are in on the deal. Considering that some of these referees saw their own countries get kicked out, it's not reasonable to consider that ALL of them (and there are a LOT of referees in this WC) would keep quiet and play ball. The players definitely wouldn't do it, not enough of them to change the outcome of the Cup anyway - and even those would be unmasked by their teammates, who would see them slacking or doing supicious stuff. We're not talking about secret agents here, we're talking semi-illiterate athletes. :rolleyes:

So I don't think this conspiracy theory is sound. What I believe is this: World Soccer has become globalized, everyone plays in more or less the same tournaments, there are few surprises, and Senegal has access to the SAME KIND of high-quality preparation as France. The Senegal players don't play in some backwater African tournament, they all play in Europe; basically everyone has access to the best training drills, the best coaching techniques. The coaches have been spreading around knowledge for decades now; Argentinian and Brazilian and French and Italian and Dutch coaches, they're ALL everywhere, running teams in Africa, Asia, the Middle East, you name it. So we've come to the point where if Senegal has a superbly talented generation - as they have today - that generation is not lost; instead, it's nurtured and trained and groomed into a top-class football team. Same thing for Korea, Japan, USA, all of these 'surprise' teams.

Football has always been the game of the unexpected, where the 'little guy' had he chance to win. it's still the same - but the little guy's chances are MUCH better today. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
as far as the lil teams doin good, i tink that's just this world cup....i mean it'll go on, just not to this degree.
the next cup will be in germany, TRADITION will arise, and they'll all go down :) or so the theory goes...

·
Registered
206 Posts
I seriously doubt that players are involved in this fixing stuff but I am starting to think that FIFA has hidden agendas. FIFA can effectively control the outcome of a game by assigning biased referees. This WC has to rank among the worst ever. Worst refereed. and the craziest idea to have co-hosts. Did anyone remember the day when they came up with the groupings. The overlays they employed. By top seeding Japan and Korea, they cound up leaving England 2nd seeded. England was already preordained to play in Japan, and could not play in a group with 2 european teams. FIFA is going to use the poor results by SA teams to deny them a slot next go around, and essentially guaranteeing a place for Australia. Is there a "I hate FIFA" site somewhere?

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Philander said:
. This WC has to rank among the worst ever. Worst refereed. and the craziest idea to have co-hosts. Did anyone remember the day when they came up with the groupings. The overlays they employed. By top seeding Japan and Korea, they cound up leaving England 2nd seeded. England was already preordained to play in Japan, and could not play in a group with 2 european teams. FIFA is going to use the poor results by SA teams to deny them a slot next go around

That's what I was wondering about? The original seedings and draw.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Philander said:
I seriously doubt that players are involved in this fixing stuff but I am starting to think that FIFA has hidden agendas. FIFA can effectively control the outcome of a game by assigning biased referees. This WC has to rank among the worst ever. Worst refereed. and the craziest idea to have co-hosts. Did anyone remember the day when they came up with the groupings. The overlays they employed. By top seeding Japan and Korea, they cound up leaving England 2nd seeded. England was already preordained to play in Japan, and could not play in a group with 2 european teams. FIFA is going to use the poor results by SA teams to deny them a slot next go around, and essentially guaranteeing a place for Australia. Is there a "I hate FIFA" site somewhere?
i absolutly agree with you, except for one thing. im not sure if fifa is going to take conmebol a direct place to the wc. remember havelange still has power in fifa (just see the refs performances in brazils match) and that grondona, the president of AFA is one of the vicepresidents of fifa and he is close to blatter (the first one he huhged when he was reelected president of fifa was gorndona).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ya the ref has to do something with these WC matches. Even the Argentina vs England game , withought the penalty Argentina would have made it , but also when the Argentine goalie let in that 20 m free kick , this is turning out to be real scary.

If WC is fixed then ...... %$^% how can Korea beat Italy , what is goin on!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts