Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's what I'm thinking. Look at these players.

Well I won't give examples cuz I'll piss certain members of this forum off, but I think people come to Inter to get a paycheck and pretty much don't care about the game.

That is why players who are continously benched don't care or show any emotion. Its natural that fights will arise over playing time. But no conflicts yet. Why? Cuz they want their paycheck and want to go home. They don't care for Inter.

I"ll give a few examples

Stankovic Davids

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And another point- The more I think of it, Inter Milan FC seems like a "joint" put together by a rich group of people, who have no clue what they are doing. It just seems that way, that everyone is in it, but no one is connecting and they are just putting a team out there for the sake of competing and thats all. No heart.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Ask yourself how you sign the players that you do, why is it that they choose Inter? Is it not exclusively the paycheck? Davids was doing great at Barcelona, why did he turn them down for an extension? Why did Lamouchi quit Parma as a captain to come warm the bench at Inter (aside from that "I want to win Serie A" bs)? Ironically, why has Vieri been true to Inter for so long when before that he always went after the money? Why did Stankovic choose Inter over Juve knowing how many midfielders Inter already had and knowing he would most likely become a key player at Juve?

I mean Capello actually took a pay cut to sign for Juve, as did Cannavaro, so it couldn't have been for the money. It could have been because they believed at Juve they could accomplish something. As long as you have the money to offer salaries noone else can, you do attract the best players but perhaps for the wrong reasons?

Of course that doesn't mean none of the players care about the club and I'm sure they have ambition but just maybe when things aren't going their way, they know perfectly well that nowhere else would they make more money..

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Of course, it's a poorly hidden secret that there are players who see Inter as the easy way out; lots and lots in terms of payment and seemingly without any pressure of results or achieving certain goals. That said, there are exceptions, like Zanetti and Cordoba.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
The squad is to large and players get lost in the cracks. I think some of the players just are at Inter to collect a paycheque but Mancini is not a stupid coach and he will root out those players.

It would be niave to think that a player signing for Inter doesn't have anything to so with the money but that is not the sole reason people are there. Coco I doubt plays soccer for a paycheck as well as the examples in Cacina posts and few more aside. So I beleive some players just play for a paycheque but not the majority.

This question does make me think as I have said before that there is not enough Italians on Inter's team not to say that there are no Italian mercenaries or that Italians are better players or that foreign players have no heart just that since the team is in Italy the team has more meaning for an Italian than for a foreign player. That meaning could translate into the extra effort needed for Inter and with a solid team of Italians complemented by a few foreign players is the right mixture to go. But I digressed.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
As the channel commentator simply and always says:

"Inter needs 11 Javier Zanettis"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts