Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do serb players care about the yugoslav national team? I only ask this because I have always compared Portugal, Romania and Yugoslavia, always calling them the most exciting teams in Europe. I always say that it seems to me that the POrtuguese players care more about their clubs then their country....do u think this applies to Yugoslav players as well?

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

M

·
0 Posts
Things like this are always a result of success/failure.

If YU or Portugal happen to do well in EURO, everybody is gonna congratulate them on everything from skill to loyalty.

And when you're underachieving (as Yugo and Portugal seem to be doing), people question everything, even the loyalty of players.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes but Yugo and Portugal bring a new definition to UNDERACHIVE.....teams with this amount of talent should be making some serious noise in whatever tournament they play in.

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

B

·
0 Posts
guys, i WOULD NOT AGREE that yugo players don't care about national team. i think that they don't deserve this opinion to be directed to them. just take for instance all our greatest players in the latest history(mijatovic, savicevic, stojkovic, mihajlovic). regardless where the game was played they were there. especially pixy stojkovic. somebody would say "yea, he is playing for the national team only to remind people that he still exist". but this guy is the same, 10 years ago, 5 years ago, 2 years ago and nowdays. he still wants to play for yugo squad and i deeply respect that.
why we don't perform well is a question? i think that somebody should do a psychological research on them. they are all good friends, with harmony and atmosphere within the team, most of them are great players but something isn't right.
s verom u boga do titule prvaka evrope!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts