Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
we have Panucci. he's highly experienced but unfortunately not highly competent. Otherwise the options for that position would be converted CB's like Dellas, Ferrari, Scurto or anybody's pick of one the youth team boys. let's say it's a problem position, and we've certainly had a few lately. :wallbang:

btw if you're doing some part-time scouting for Mourinho (and you do seem to be a fan of theirs lately ;)), Panucci's already had a go at Chel$ki and flopped there :star:

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
I agree,Vagabondo.We do not have a natural sided right back with the exception of Panucci.I would rate this position open for a replacement as Panucci hopefully will leave this season.
Our priority for buying,
1.A midfield grinder,alla Gattuso,Davids etc
2.A right back.
3.An attacker 'di peso' to give us an alternative up front.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
hes done, we need another RB. although i would keep him for a lot less money as a back-up. thats if he wanted to.

·
Professional Pirate
7,107 Posts
umm i have to dis-agree with you roma 10...i think we need a left sided attacker in the midfield area. then and only then will we be ready to face the top teams. also we sorta do have a back up on the right back position with scurto who shows he can get the job done. our team is complete if we get a left midfielder and if we play as a team with heart not a team running around senseless.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
AS_Roma83 said:
hes done, we need another RB. although i would keep him for a lot less money as a back-up. thats if he wanted to.
I agree,Panucci's best days are long behind him.As for Sinoy,I agree,we need a left winger too,somebody like Taddei.I reckon this should be as much as a priority as filling the Emerson role.

·
Professional Pirate
7,107 Posts
why try and fill up the emerson position when we have dacourt and perrota and de rossi and aquilani....we have enuff centre midfielders...just like we have enuff centre backs.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
sinoy1 said:
why try and fill up the emerson position when we have dacourt and perrota and de rossi and aquilani....we have enuff centre midfielders...just like we have enuff centre backs.
Its simple.None of them are as good as Emerson.I remember Emerson and Dacourt,now that was a solid combination.As for Perotta,he has not cut it for me.Remember,you can have as much quantity as you like,at the end of the day,its better to have fewer that possess more quality. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think the left side is a major problem. We need to get a left back, a left winger and then a right back. We should also consider a new goalkeeper and alternative forward.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
xabi said:
I think the left side is a major problem. We need to get a left back, a left winger and then a right back. We should also consider a new goalkeeper and alternative forward.
That's a pretty good summary, except given that the club isn't very well off financially, i'd say that there's no big need to improve on Cufre at LB for the moment. :)

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Cufre is a decent LB.. Panucci is a decent RB too if he plays under a good coach who can provide him with technical stability.. he is a classical right back only.. if you play him in any other rule ex. CB or right MD he'll suck big time.. he was decent in the last Euro and his performance against Sweden was nothing less than great.. i think he still has 2 more years to play..

i agree our main problem from last season is the left side od midfield.. last summer i really was sad we were so busy searching for a striker while the mian problem was the left side.. maybe cause the managment had faith in D'agostino.. "who then get injuried just right before the season start :wallbang: "

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
GamE_Ove12 said:
Cufre is a decent LB.. Panucci is a decent RB too if he plays under a good coach who can provide him with technical stability.. he is a classical right back only.. if you play him in any other rule ex. CB or right MD he'll suck big time.. he was decent in the last Euro and his performance against Sweden was nothing less than great.. i think he still has 2 more years to play..
For me Panucci all his career was better going forward than he was in defence. in that way he could at least be a danger to both teams in some sort of an attacking wing back role. Now he's old and has nothing to offer going forward anymore either and yet he remains as much of a soft-touch in defence as ever.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
GamE_Ove12 said:
Cufre is a decent LB.. Panucci is a decent RB too
I can't believe people still underrate Cufre so badly, it just amazes me how anyone can watch us play and still believe him to be just decent, and on par with Panucci. Defensively, he's about a hundred miles ahead of him.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Cufre is very good as a CB, though I wouldn´t play him before Mexes or Chivu. As a left back he is on par with Lima, he can´t cross and doesn´t create any danger for the opposition. Panucci on the other hand has been very good the 2 last games and has a mean cross and wins many headers on the miedfield along with many offensive runs.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
sharp said:
Cufre is very good as a CB, though I wouldn´t play him before Mexes or Chivu. As a left back he is on par with Lima, he can´t cross and doesn´t create any danger for the opposition. Panucci on the other hand has been very good the 2 last games and has a mean cross and wins many headers on the miedfield along with many offensive runs.
Your fullbacks don't have to be attacking, who ever told you that? I'm after saying it a million times, Cufre's not an attacking player, he's not even a left back(he's doing a teriffic job there nonetheless), to judge him as one, and as an attacking force, is simply ridiculous. How would Stam, Nesta, Cannavaro, Cordoba, Mexes et al fair as "attacking" full backs? Awful. Why, because they're defenders, they aren't trained to cross and create danger, they're trained to do the opposite. And Lima is nowhere near Cufre as a left back, or as a player, not even close. Lima had stamina and pace, that's all, just because Cufre has those in abundance does not mean that he's on par with Lima, if Lima had Cufre's defensive qualities everyone would of loved the guy to death. Panucci is a good crosser of the ball, and decent at connecting the defence and midfield, but he's a shocking defender.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I would like Cufre in the centre or in a back 3 and for us to buy a left wing back or a versatile left-back and midfield player like Tonetto, Grosso or Parisi for example.

right npw the 3 main positions that need to be filled are 1 classy CM, 1 forward and 1 Left mid.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
How would Stam, Nesta, Cannavaro, Cordoba, Mexes et al fair as "attacking" full backs? Awful. Why, because they're defenders, they aren't trained to cross and create danger>>>

That´s exactly my point..that´s why he shouldn´t be one..

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
You can tell when a player is losing his ability,and it can be seen with Panucci.Maybe,he lacks even more pace than before,is causing him to be caught out too often.I reckon he relies on anticipation to defend and to rely on this one quality is too risky.As for Cufre,probably AS ROMA's most consistent player this season. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
sharp said:
How would Stam, Nesta, Cannavaro, Cordoba, Mexes et al fair as "attacking" full backs? Awful. Why, because they're defenders, they aren't trained to cross and create danger>>>

That´s exactly my point..that´s why he shouldn´t be one..
He shouldn't be one, no. But since we lack any other alternative, he's there, and he's been by far one of our best and most consistent players this season.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I can´t disagree with that, at all. But do I want him do play as a LB next season to? No, I´d rather see Parisi, Bridge or someone else who actually is a LB.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts