Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it seems a mystery at times at what some players really want,We know that the career of a footballer is not often a long one in some cases.So player's are usually handsomely rewarded.But it seems a bit trivial in what some footballers really are after If you think would they rather go for the dollar and struggle at a team or try to win things.Do you take less and go for glory or chase the mighty dollar and go through your career rather trophyless,well we have our vasting views on this one. ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Money: beckham(relatively speaking of course), davids, figo, makelele(the most), anelka, vieira and the list goes on.
Success is more sought after by players who tend to be more humble, excpet for Totti in this case: Sheva, Zambrotta, Totti(could've left for a far bigger team ages ago but stayed, hate him or love him you've gotta admire that), Ronaldinho, Kaka, etc.

But that's just my opinion

·
Registered
552 Posts
J_Reyes#9 said:
Money: beckham(relatively speaking of course), davids, figo, makelele(the most), anelka, vieira and the list goes on.
Success is more sought after by players who tend to be more humble, excpet for Totti in this case: Sheva, Zambrotta, Totti(could've left for a far bigger team ages ago but stayed, hate him or love him you've gotta admire that), Ronaldinho, Kaka, etc.

But that's just my opinion
that would have been my extended list minus totti, i dont like him

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
It all depends on the player of course, hungry intelligent ones will always go for the trophies, because if you win lots then lots of money will automatically come. :shades:

·
Registered
580 Posts
I don't really get who doesn't want success. Football is so much fun, anyone would kill to make money just to be playing it.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
reelmadrid11 said:
example of success:Shevchanko,Zidane,Ronaldo, the list goes on
Yes...

Playing for Real Madrid reduced their pay :rollani:

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
South_Melbourne said:
Playing for Real Madrid reduced their pay :rollani:
Yeah, Shevchenko until today didn't receive a single penny from Real Madrid :eek:

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Vagabondo said:
He should have though, he's done at least as much for them on the field as Beckham has ;)
bwahahahaha, yeah, true actually :D he even scored in Camp Nou :googly: ;)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ilgenio said:
Or maybe even more :eekani: :stuckup:
Well that's what I'm saying. 2 years ago he gave a free lesson in finishing to Raul at the San Siro, and this year he again built up the confidence of the RM attack by showing them how simple it is to score against Barcelona in both games he played against them. :stuckup: ;)

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
RM made an outrageous bid for Sheva a few seasons back and offered him way more salary than what he was getting at Milan. Milan then were disappointing by their high standards (Milan were hardly considered successful during Sheva's first 3 seasons with the club) and there were rumors of him leaving in search of silverware :scared:

Milan rejected the bid and Sheva himself decided to stay and it has turned out well for both player and club :proud:

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Vagabondo said:
Well that's what I'm saying. 2 years ago he gave a free lesson in finishing to Raul at the San Siro, and this year he again built up the confidence of the RM attack by showing them how simple it is to score against Barcelona in both games he played against them. :stuckup: ;)
Shame the rest of the Milan team couldn't do anything in either game.

Ronaldo should NOT be on the "success" list, don't be nuts. He and his agent squad are open about their moves for money. He flat out stated that he left Barcelona because Nunez wouldn't give him more money, while Moratti would give him everything he wanted. All he DOES is operate towards money.

Y'all should be looking at a guy like Paolo Maldini. He could have went anywhere for any price. But didn't.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
Shame the rest of the Milan team couldn't do anything in either game.
After Milan had won the first game, and therefore all but qualified for the 2nd round, they didn't really care all that much about the 2nd match, kind of like with RM 2 years ago. :star:

In the first game that Milan won 1-0 however, i guess that Shevchenko must have kept a clean sheet against Barca's incredibly potent attack all by himself according to your logic. :drunk: :D

But wouldn't that make Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Giuly, Xavi, Larsson and Deco the biggest, most overrated, overpaid group of assclown tosspots in the world then? :jester:

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Vagabondo said:
But wouldn't that make Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Giuly, Xavi, Larsson and Deco the biggest, most overrated, overpaid group of assclown tosspots in the world then? :jester:
No different to Mancini, Chivu, Maxes etc.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
South_Melbourne said:
Mancini wasn't overrated he was sheer class if you ever saw him play,I watched him since the start of his career and was always an influential and classy Genius.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
South_Melbourne said:
not that it's got anything to do with anything else but...

rightly or wrongly, all three of them put together aren't rated 1/2 as highly as someone like Eto'o is these days. Let alone Deco or Ronaldinho.

Please don't pretend that you are not even aware of that, or the fact that I was just stuffing around, South_Melbourne :wallbang:

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Vagabondo said:
After Milan had won the first game, and therefore all but qualified for the 2nd round, they didn't really care all that much about the 2nd match, kind of like with RM 2 years ago. :star:

In the first game that Milan won 1-0 however, i guess that Shevchenko must have kept a clean sheet against Barca's incredibly potent attack all by himself according to your logic. :drunk: :D

The way this laughable anti Barca thing you've got makes you stretch your logic amuses me. But I suppose it's an ITALIAN measure of greatness to be completely dominated over 2 matches, and desperately cling to a single goal in the first leg, which came from a mistake, and actually be HAPPY with that. What the two games "Made" our players look was.... a lot better than an opponent that was a lot stronger on paper. And it's a lot easier to defend a lead that it is to get one, surely everyone knows that.

The only game in the CL group I wasn't bothered with was the Shaktar game, because we had ACTUALLY qualified. "All But Qualified" means precisely nothing. I have to assume that Milan wouldn't be happy with the group until they were officially qualified. But if you want to make excuses for a team you don't even support.... :googly:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
i guess nowdays all after money :undecide: .....success comes after that ... :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts