Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think players making their craft outside their own NT have a more difficult time getting chosen for their National Team?I feel Italian's surely do as they often get overlooked outside of Serie A and it may be different for others.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Then explain how Corradi keeps getting time for Italy.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FigoIsGod said:
Then explain how Corradi keeps getting time for Italy.
He doesn't he hasn't played for Italy for a while and probably wont either.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Schumy said:
He doesn't he hasn't played for Italy for a while and probably wont either.
What?

He's played in two World Cup qualifying games already for them.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FigoIsGod said:
What?

He's played in two World Cup qualifying games already for them.
Recently he's been overlooked and playing in Spain wouldn't of helped his cause I feel.he won't be getting much more game time for the NT you'll see.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
It's certainly not the case for Irish players :D

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Baggio's main factor of not playing overseas was for family reasons,Yet the NT element could've well been another.But Italian's outside Serie A aren't considered as much as those in the domestic league.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Schumy said:
Do you think players making their craft outside their own NT have a more difficult time getting chosen for their National Team?I feel Italian's surely do as they often get overlooked outside of Serie A and it may be different for others.
Of course, many players do that. :D

·
Registered
251 Posts
italians outside serie A are not considered as much as those in italy because there are not that many who may warrant a place in the Azzurri set up, except for maybe Fiore or di vaio. I mean who else can you pick, Pistone or maybe Iuliano, i don't think so. By the way the last azzurri squad had one foreign based player in Flavio Roma of monaco

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With the amount of strike force talent we have,O find it difficult to see that Di Vaio or Corradi will be getting a gig for the azzurri.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Schumy said:
With the amount of strike force talent we have,O find it difficult to see that Di Vaio or Corradi will be getting a gig for the azzurri.
But that's more to do with the fact that they're a bit crap than that they play in Spain, right?

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dubh-ban said:
But that's more to do with the fact that they're a bit crap than that they play in Spain, right?
Oh yes that would be a significant factor. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts