Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the game tommorow with China a do or die game for Turkey?

I mean, Brazil is 1st place, but......

Turkey has lost 1, and tied 1?
Costa rica won 1, tied 1?

So if tommorow Turkey wins, and Costa rica loses??

Than do the judges go for the Goals Earned/Given?

SCORE YOU ASSES OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
If we score two goals (or win by two goals), we are still alive, as long as Brazil beats Costa Rica by a score of 1-0 or by two goals.
If we win 2-0 and Costa Rica loses 2-1, then we will have a coin toss to determine who advances.

If we win by three goals or more, I would say that our chances of advacning are 80-90 percent.;)

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
It was really surprising, I start watching the game we scored two goals in first ten minutes. And then I saw Brazil was leading 2-0.

I was thinking, is this luck or what:D

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty good game with China.

China didn't have a chance...

Turkey was playing a really good solid game. Unfortunetly i had work, but i did get to see the fist 7 minutes and i saw the first goal which was great.

But they aired it in the Chinese channel, because the Brazilian are more important!! :fero: :fero:

The Chinese commentators gave me a headacke!

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
It seems like the US was one of the few places where we could watch the game live:eek:

THey showed it on ESPN2, while Brazil got ESPN. Did they show it again during the day?

The team looked pretty good, but then again, they did not play against a very competitive squad. The game against Japan/Russia will be harder.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They showed it live!!!! But it was in the chinese channel, and i couldn't see hear any commentaries!

In the day, i think they showed, but in prime time, they didn't! it was only the Brazil - Costa Rican game!

I was outraged!!! :fero: :fero:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Yoav, are you going to be able to get the Japan -Turkey game tonight at 1:30? I will be up in anticipation:nervous:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, i will get that one...

Because the Elimination rounds in the WC is important, so alot of TV channels show it.

I think the Chinese channel might show it again, if not they will show a re-run of it or they might show it another channel....

there about 4-5 channels who show it. Im optimistic they will show it because the game is not as a big or impactful as the Italian vs. Korea, but i have to disagree on that! :)

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Man that was a boring match:groan: :dontcare:

But actually that is a good thing because i went straight to bed after the game and slept like a baby:tongue:

·
*the drum drum*
43,492 Posts
The Italian NT has been known to put in only enough effort to win a game, and no more...They paid for it yesterday :eek:

I think they should rename World Cup to the Referee's Cup after this one :rolleyes:
All Referee's (except that Danish bloke, and Collina) suck :yuck:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the Refs aren't to blame, they just make up stories about them to point the finger straight at them. I seen some faults, but its not major ones, so we can relax.

As for Italy, i think that its horrible....In the past 10 years, they had to rechange there team twice and both times were due because of there lack of playing and spoilenss....

There arch enemys were fading out of the World Cup quickly and losing to Korea was a sham. They had opprotunitys.

But remember one thing...italy was just depending on Chritian Veiri to score for them. No one else scored, everyone else just wore the jersey and played. They were surely a discrace.
What happened if Veiri was gonna get the red card, or was going to be tripped and injured?

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
The catenaccio style did not work for the Italians...despite having the best keeper in the world. I wonder how it will work for the US against Ze Krauts. Hopefully there will be better results:nervous:

Italy was the victim of bad officiating, but they looked quite poor throughout.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The officials were good, the Italians make up storys everytime they lose the WC, like Spain....There Jinx and its because they play horribly.....

·
*the drum drum*
43,492 Posts
Korea can count themselves extremely lucky :mad:

2 referee'ing decisions in both matches made them the first Asian team in the semi-finals...:mad:

Oh well, Turkiye is there too, so don't expect me to complain if we come up against Korea in the final :D

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
This was by far the best match turkey played in the World Cup, and we certainly deserved the win.

Hopefully we will go with our more effective striker against Brazil (hint);)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is this the first time Turkey has gone this far?

Because i am getting mixed messages in the TV saying they did and then they didn't?

So what happened in 1954? Anyone have any facts and keys about those games?

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
So what happened in 1954? Anyone have any facts and keys about those games?
As far as I know, Turkish NT was eliminated in the first round. If I am not wrong we played three games won one, lost one, and tied one.

One important note, We beat S. Korea 7-0 at that time:eek: :cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts