Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the creaters of the Do or die with China comes this thread...

Now, since this will be the final game perhaps, it will mean alot for Turkey...

Rivaldo has been to first cock to come out in public and demize Turkish NT and say they will beat them?

the game is This Wendesday, but how do you all feel about it? is there mix reaction?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Kappa18 said:
Rivaldo has been to first cock to come out in public and demize Turkish NT and say they will beat them?
No, Rivaldo was answering to a reporter who asked him about Turkey being angry at Brazil for that bad penalty call in the first game. Rivaldo said that he didn't understand why Turkey was upset, since Brazil had decisively helped the turks qualify by thrashing Costa Rica - if we hadn't beaten Costa Rica like we did, Turkey woudn't qualify past the first round. So why all this 'revenge' thing? 'Revenge' for being helped? That's what Rivaldo said.

Roberto Carlos on the other hand, has in fact said that Brazil will beat Turkey, just as some Turks said Turkey will win; they're entitled to their opinions, right? ;)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well you didn't help us...........

Even if you tied, we need 2 goals to get in and we did it with 3 goals against the chinese NT. So it doesn;'t matter and about our game, the Penalty shot you got was CHEAP!!! And fraud too!

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Well, there is some bad blood between the two sides, due to the penalty call, Hakan Unsal's shot at Rivaldo, and Rivaldo's head injury:D

I hope the bad blood does not distract too much from the game, but we shall see what type of effect it will have. As long as the game is close, I don't think it will be a big factor.

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
So why all this 'revenge' thing? 'Revenge' for being helped? That's what Rivaldo said.
I don't think anybody in Turkish team cares about those things anymore, it's all a fair tale from media.

Of course, Turkish players didn't like what happened in that game, but at the end of the game I saw some players changing uniforms. And the game ended as peacefull as it could with two red cards;)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll see the day when Turkey changes uniforms with them!

Just tell them to give the jerseys to me! :)

when you exchange the jerseys, do the other side offically keep it?

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Yes they do, for this reason sometimes some players don't wanna give their uniforms;)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Exchanging Jerseys

Kappa18 said:
Well yes - when the players exchange shirts, they're giving the jerseys they wore during the match as gifts to their opponents. It's a sign of sportsmanship and respect.

It's interesting to see that the Argentina players refused to exchange shirts with the English players who beat them -- and shortly after leaving the field, these same Argentines attacked the Brits on their way to the locker room, spitting at them and insulting them. THAT is a sign of NO sportsmanship whatsoever, and disrespect. But of course, it's the Argentinians, nobody's surprised.

Exchanging shirts is something true champions are proud to do. And I expect nothing less than that from the Turkey players. :)

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
THAT is a sign of NO sportsmanship whatsoever, and disrespect.
It's the sign of a loser:D

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Still About Exchanging Jerseys...

Of course, sometimes a player's son or wife or mother asks him the shirt he'll wear on a big, important match, as a memento. In that case the player politely tells the opposing player the shirt is already promised to someone else, and that player can exchange jerseys with some other player.

Pelé for instance, wore two different jerseys on the 1970 WC final match - one he wore during the first half, and left it in the locker room to give to his brother (who had asked for that shirt as a gift). The one he wore during the second half was exchanged with an Italian defender. ;)

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Pelé for instance, wore two different jerseys on the 1970 WC final match - one he wore during the first half, and left it in the locker room to give to his brother (who had asked for that shirt as a gift). The one he wore during the second half was exchanged with an Italian defender.
That's a great idea.:cool:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
For me it is joy to see specific players exchange their shirts!!!:D ;)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For small country like Costa rica, to exchange jerseys with the best is really good :)

In the end, you can auction the jerseys for 300,000 pounds in 20 years :D

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Kappa18 said:
For small country like Costa rica, to exchange jerseys with the best is really good :)

In the end, you can auction the jerseys for 300,000 pounds in 20 years :D
:D

OUr players played hard against Brazil, but in the end, a shot by Ronaldo which only Kahn could have saved, made the difference.:(

I am very proud of the team though, and hope we can beat SOuth Korea, if our squad is not too demoralized from this loss.

·
*the drum drum*
43,490 Posts
Aragon, remember, we bought one of those Argentine losers :D

Deniz, even Kahn wouldn't have saved that one...
When a player toe pokes it, it leaves the GK little time to react. And Rustu is the quickest of all the GK's at the WC...So if his hand couldn't prevent it from hitting the back of the net, no one's hand could have :eek:
He still got a decent touch on the ball, but the fact that Ronie toe poked it made it much harder to push away :(

Good luck Brazil...Not that you really need it...;)

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Aragon, remember, we bought one of those Argentine losers
At least we got the best one:D

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
But we didn't sign crespo:D:confused: :D :tongue:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts