Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In any of the other two top leagues, you don't see a coach given so much time before he can start bringing results. Ranieri for example was just kicked out of Valencia before the season ends because a big team like Valencia will not accept such a poor run of results. In epl you can suck however you want and most teams will still give you a chance. I can accept that in the small clubs, but for a big name like e.g liverpool this should be unacceptable. Guys like AF and AW were also given many years before they delivered.

I think this is one of the reasons epl teams will continue to fail in europe.

If we take Liverpool for example, you can talk all you want about improvement in play, but the fact remains he has taken liverpool a step back. 8 points behind everton and that negativity in away games isn't good for liverpool.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
He meant coaches. Trainers. Tacticians.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
How can you confuse managers with referees in the first place?

Guys like AF and AW were also given many years before they delivered.
Que? Wenger was signed in 1996 and won the double in his first full season! Muppet.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zack_manutd said:
What has that got to do with referees? :confused:
Doh!! I was thinking about that arrogant sore loser Mourinho and his complaints about referees the whole time.

Mistake... I meant Coaches. Is it possible to correct a topic name???

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Yeah a admin will do it

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
good and bad in both cases.

I think Manchester United are pretty happy they gave Ferguson some time, ended up being a not bad decision really. :shades:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
papa said:
In any of the other two top leagues, you don't see a coach given so much time before he can start bringing results. Ranieri for example was just kicked out of Valencia before the season ends because a big team like Valencia will not accept such a poor run of results. In epl you can suck however you want and most teams will still give you a chance. I can accept that in the small clubs, but for a big name like e.g liverpool this should be unacceptable. Guys like AF and AW were also given many years before they delivered.
Depends on the expectations of the club, notoriously impatient foreign clubs do not set the benchmark for this country and rightly so. Consistency is hardly going to come through pressure, Ranieri was unlucky to be ousted by Chelski given his record last season (second to an unbeaten Arsenal side and a Semi Finalist in the Champions League)
While I don't expect there to be a Houllier five year plan every tie because let's face it he stopped getting there long before the five years was up, there should be some time and really the question should be "is he ever going to achieve our ambitions?" rather than setting strict deadlines.

papa said:
I think this is one of the reasons epl teams will continue to fail in europe.
So we should chop and change managers every five minutes thus destabilising the squad and that's how you think we're going to make progress in Europe?!?!?!?!?

papa said:
If we take Liverpool for example, you can talk all you want about improvement in play, but the fact remains he has taken liverpool a step back. 8 points behind everton and that negativity in away games isn't good for liverpool.
Yeah absolute disaster being eight points behind the fourth placed team with a game in hand, a possible QF place in the Champions League and reaching a Cup final in the first season.

What do you expect for the FIRST season in charge?!?!?!? Name someone other than Wenger who's done better in recent years? To comment on the season before it has finished is a joke anyway, are you for real?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
As a Blackburn supporter I just have to say one thing: good that Souness went! Mark Hughes will be our man for a very long time... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts