Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think about this. This is Fiorentina, the team that battled its way up from the gutters of Italian football. And now about to go down to Serie B once more. How can such a thing happen? Do they really deserve to go down?

I can't stand such a good team go down. Luck has hit them hard this year, and I hope that they make it up. What's your take? That such good talent can't get it done? Do they deserve to go down b/c of the failure to reach potential?

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
In terms of looking at what they've spent they haven't got the best out of their Investments.I like Fiorentina alot but to say they deserve to stay up to me would be an Injustice to the others.

·
Registered
47,277 Posts
DDV made lots of wrong choices. Probably he should have built a solid team with avoiding relegation battle as main target.
Probably Mondonico was the right man for a midtable championship, but DDV thought that the team could have high aspirations and replaced him.
Then came Buso and in the end (?) Zoff.
The result was that the team hardly had an identity and now I'm not certain that it can compete with teams like Brescia and Atalanta.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Good point Tone :thmbup: It seems that DDV has aimed far to high for a team that had been out of the Top flight for a little while.he should've had his project set upon getting settled back into Serie A then going ahead from there.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Think about this. This is Fiorentina, the team that battled its way up from the gutters of Italian football.
"Battled"? Isn't this the same Fiorentina who made the jump from Serie C2 to Serie B without ever playing in Serie C1?

·
6,645 Posts
Of course we deserve to go down.

We bought our way into Serie B, then with an enormous amount of luck we just bearly got promoted to Serie A, and then we invested in a handfull of half-decent players who we thought could bring us back to our "glory days", and now we're fighting to stay in a division we sure as hell don't even deserve to compete in.

But we will play in Serie A next season. Della Valle will find a way.... ;)

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
yes....just becuse this season they shouldn't be in A but in Serie B :rollani:

and ...if Fiorentina will go down...Martin will return at home:happy:

:wallbang:

·
6,645 Posts
Actually, I'd like it if we got relegated. Then when we're back in Serie A in two seasons we don't have to hear your wining about us not deserving to play in Serie A. ;)

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
As bad as they've played YES, but as a classic team with many stars and resources NO.

·
Registered
47,277 Posts
nasty nick said:
As bad as they've played YES, but as a classic team with many stars and resources NO.
The stars thing does not always work in Italy: Fiorentina got relegated in the past with Effenberg, Batistuta and Brian Laudrup, Sampdoria with Ortega and Montella, etc. etc.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Alias said:
How is that in any way relevant?
It's bad for Serie A to lose one of it's strongest financial powers. It's very relevant if we want Serie A to remain stronger.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I thought it was dumb how Fio got promotted so quickly. Palermo did it the right way and are much stronger for it.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
It comes down to what Toni said about Delle Valle aiming far to high to quick,Fiorentina being out of the 1st division for a while and coming up against teams of similar ilk.Trying to buy proven players but at the same time taking risks,he should've set his project of stabilising Fiorentina before trying to get to the heady heights so quick.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Schumy said:
It comes down to what Toni said about Delle Valle aiming far to high to quick,Fiorentina being out of the 1st division for a while and coming up against teams of similar ilk.Trying to buy proven players but at the same time taking risks,he should've set his project of stabilising Fiorentina before trying to get to the heady heights so quick.
Whatever said and done, DDV is the last man gotta do with Fiorentina got relegated this season. And to all the Fio critics in XT. Please give credit where it due.

Our Amazing journey back to Seria A proves alot what kind of club we are.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts