Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As an everton fan do you treally hate wayne Rooney that much?It's fair to say that the Everton faithful worshipped the young star so much and now they seem to really take a big disliking towards him.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I do dislike him, mostly because of his "Once a blue - Always a blue" claim. It would never have been as bad if he never done that. One things for sure though - there's no excuse at all for the minority who were throwing missles at him; out of order.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I don't hate him. He's nothing to do with us anymore. For me to have hated him, I would have had to believe that footballers themselves have the same depth of feeling for the club that we as fans have, and guess what, they haven't. They're ambitious and money-driven and ultimately whether it be one or the other, it will win over any kind of passion for the club. I know I've said it before, but this is why I hate the badge kissing phoneys, and I include Wayne in that with his t-shirt.

Having said that, I was made up he scored against the other shower and celebrated in front of the "famous" kop.

It ill behoves us as Evertonians to be obsessed with him. He plays for a club with financial clout who can give him the chance of winning the Champions League. I treat him the same as I treat the rest of the Man Utd team, they're nothing to do with me, so why waste enerhy on them? It's what the media want. They want us all to be as obsessed with the 'big' clubs as they are. Tell them to shove it. Don't buy a paper, don't boo Rooney, ignore him. Boycott everything.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's hard Fish there are only those few who really will stand with the clun through thick and thin.One player from years back comes to mind,The great Gigi Riva who could've virtually gone to any club.Yet stayed with his beloved Cagliari throughout his career.
It's such a tough thing to leave a club for honours but when money is involved well that's another thing.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I agree, it is unusual. I like to think that Etxeberria stayed at Athletic Bilbao because the club is more than just a football club, rather than the reality of not wanting to come to Everton.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
He's the most sickly, over-rated footballer ever :yuck: he's like Bekcham without looks, oh and he's a traitor

·
Registered
204 Posts
I completely disagree that Rooney is overrated. You have obviously not seen much of him play. And as for the the traitor thing, see my post above about footballers and their 'loyalties'. Wayne Rooney can play football, and better than anyone I've ever watched 'live' as opposed to on the telly.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I don't hate him, but like Eightball has said I disrespect him for his allways a blue statement. I have two ways of Looking at him. One is that in todays world of Football he could have been influenced by his agent as many players are. We all know the under hand dealings that go on with clubs and players agents. You take a 17 year old player and the Agent promises him the world, meanwhile the agent has his hand in a prospective clubs pocket. The agent knows he stands to make more money through a trade than a renewed contract with an exhisting club.
So if wich I would like to think that Rooneys agent played him, by saying, the best way to help your love of Everton is to give them the most money we can get for you, and with insentives that would help you earn more money by your play on the field. Rooneys agent made him realise that Everton neede money to help our failing club rather than Rooney himself. So with every goal you score or every appearence you make or winning the FA cup all puts money in Evertons Bank account. So even if you wear the red shirt of United underneath that you are wearing the Blue shirt of Everton.
Well thats what I would like to think anyway.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SM ONLINE said:
He's the most sickly, over-rated footballer ever :yuck: he's like Bekcham without looks, oh and he's a traitor
How could you say that rooney is overrated and Gerrard not? why?he's only a kid and puts in pretty well.What's saying Gerrad is'nt overrated he's not so consistant yet is built up so much.Have you watched enough of rooney,at only 19 he'll become a real star.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Mise_Me_Fein said:
If any of you were in Rooney's situation you would have went to Man Utd.
Hit the nail on the head!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Mise_Me_Fein said:
If any of you were in Rooney's situation you would have went to Man Utd.
If I was in Rooney's situation - I would of felt I owed a year or two more to the club for offerring the chance of first team football in the first place. (Specially at such a young age), look how long Leon Osman had to wait for his chance.
Critisising the club through the media for turning down an offer didn't exactly help the matters either.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Schumy said:
How could you say that rooney is overrated and Gerrard not? why?he's only a kid and puts in pretty well.What's saying Gerrad is'nt overrated he's not so consistant yet is built up so much.Have you watched enough of rooney,at only 19 he'll become a real star.
When did I say Gerrard wasn't over-rated?

BTW Gerrard isn't over-rated you nob

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Ofcourse money matters, but than money i think it is the CL and things of that kind.
and rooney is not overrated. and gerrard is overrated in fifa 2005.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rooney is actually worth it and has shown it to all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts