Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want this to sound like or make this into an Epl vs the rest thread,but honestly speaking do you think that Premier league club's pay far too much for player's?There seem's to be so many clear example's,no doubt with all the wealth of so many of the owner's of club's in England a classic example.What do you think?

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
The EPL markets and distributes its product far better than the other top leagues in Europe - so it can afford to offer better wages on longer contracts.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Ofcourse they do, It's a well known fact that the prices are way over the top. EPL clubs regularly pay £5 million for players from lower divisions.

·
A true hero
31,428 Posts
It's just supply and demand. English clubs don't need to sell, so it takes more money to get them to part with people.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
EPL clubs pay way too much... of course as ANDY said every league already pays too much, but EPL is way over the top. Espeically clubs like Man City and Chelsea who seemingly have a never ending bank account, but well it may catch up to them one day.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Christ! We're the masters of this.

We paid £5m too much for Berbatov.

We'll get rapped over Tevez.

We ended up paying more for Van Nistelrooy than the initial amount agreed upon before his injury.

Ferdinand - £30m when Leeds needed to sell.

Basically we have to pay a 15% tax on any player we ever purchase.

It's that slimey fcuker Kenyon's fault for proclaiming us to be the world's richest club back in 2000.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
You paid too much for Berba Newton to stop Spurs from filing a complaint to the FA for tapping him up :yuck:

And i'd agree somewhat but I think all the top clubs overpay for players. The difference is mid-table English sides do so also, where as you rarely see those in Spain, Italy, Germany and France do so.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Bent to Tottenham.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Does a bear sh*t in the woods?

By woods, of course I mean Dida's goal.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
So you saw what I did there? :proud: :shades:

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
If an English club had signed ronaldinho, I guarantee it would have been for more then milan paid. other clubs hold english clubs to ransom because they know they can get more. Its a 50/50 situation

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
You paid too much for Berba Newton to stop Spurs from filing a complaint to the FA for tapping him up :yuck:
Oh here we go...

Do we really want to get in to a discussion about clubs tapping players and managers up?

Spurs could have complained about us over Berbatov, but then Sevilla could have complained about Spurs over Ramos.

All clubs, all over the world, from the Sunday League up tap players up including your whiter than white selves. But hey, don't let that get in the way of your obvious disgust.:)

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
The EPL have more cash than the rest, so the consequence of it is the inflation in prices and wages. It's normal.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Christ! We're the masters of this.

We paid £5m too much for Berbatov.

We'll get rapped over Tevez.

We ended up paying more for Van Nistelrooy than the initial amount agreed upon before his injury.

Ferdinand - £30m when Leeds needed to sell.

Basically we have to pay a 15% tax on any player we ever purchase.

It's that slimey fcuker Kenyon's fault for proclaiming us to be the world's richest club back in 2000.
Alan Smith was paid for around 10 million pound's don't really know if that was justified given he was an up and coming young talent:neutral:Robbie Keane as much as I admire him I believe the Liv paid far too much for him,yes Koeman I agree with your point also but still one can alway's argue the prcie's paid for such player's:smileani:.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Depends some clubs/managers are smart and can get a bargen. Mostly thought EPL pays well over the odds, especially if it's a English player-then you can expect to pay double his actual value. With the EPL Sky package, most clubs have funds that they didnt have a few years ago-the vicious circle is the fact that you need to spend to stay in. So a club comming from the Championship either has to spend big or not spend at all and use the money in the Championship after it becomes relegated.

And now with alot of clubs with big ambitions-they need to spend even more because the gulf between the big 4 and the rest was pretty big.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
yes they do but this is reality and they won't be able to change it anytime soon, esp. not with powerhouses such as Chelsea overpaying

1 - 20 of 30 Posts