Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above. Does anyone actually think Deportivo have a prayer in the CL? I for one think they will be totally humiliated, but...that doesn't mean I wish it :)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
We'll see. Actually because of our lack of experiemce we can be considered partially outsiders, but I hope we compensate this with spirit.
Besides, I don't think quite many teams can beat us at Riazor. And if we deal with the pressure from the away matches we will move forward (at least through the first groups). And I think it is also important that Djalma stays because the team is constructed chiefly around him.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I wish you guys the best of luck and I wish that you Giani will become moderator of this forum...go ask Jan, you post here regularly.

M

·
0 Posts
It does depend on this summer. If Deportivo can keep their top players like Makaay and Djalminha then they will do okay.
I doubt they can win the Champions League but I could see perhaps quarter finals if they spend wisely in the summer.
Deportivo do need reinforcements that's for sure.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And so far the only "reinforcmets" are:

Walter Pandiani from Argentina. Anyone know anything about him?

Helder - back from Newcastle after that dreadful injury :(

Barata - back from loan

Nuno - ??? fro Merida. Anything more on him?

Deportivo are alos close to signing Emerson from Tenerife - amazing long shot! :D!

And the only sure leave is Petr Kouba, the Czech goalkeeper who's blunder let Bierhoff score the winning gola in EURO 2000. He's now out of contract. Unfortunately if you ask me, these transfers are way too little to even have a glimer of hope for the next season. I mean guys like Donato and Mauro Silva aren't gonna get any younger :(

------------------
Patryk L. AKA labas

D

·
0 Posts
I have a feeling that Deprotivo La Coruna will follow in Athletic Bilboa's and Atletico Madrid's footsteps.

A good run in the league the season before, but then hopelessly failing in the CL.
I can't see a Valencia feat from Derpotivo next season in the CL.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Atletico de Madrid didn't "hopelessly fail" in the CL a few years back. They made it to the quarterfinals, only to lose to Ajax in overtime. They did quite well that season. Athletic Bilbao was overmatched even though I thought they played the best futbol in their group. However, staying on topic I feel that Deportivo will be ok in the CL but nothing special, I can see them advancing to the quarterfinals but no further.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts