Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I personally think bayern need to sign another central defender.Ismael was the wrong signing.His defending is nowhere near our previous central defender(kovac) and due to his poor defending we were in trouble throughout both legs.He gave a stupid penalty in munich and also in milan.He was for me also responsible for the 3rd goal which broke bayern's momentum.

·
Super
4,283 Posts
All the Frenchmen sucked today, and Bayern always need a good central defender. I doubt they have ever solved that problem since the departure of Andersson.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Good point Rammstein. I think Ismaël has little class, and he even barely play's good at the BUndesliga. He obiously sucked at the CL or European stage.

I can only think on 3 defender's that could be on Bayern's team,

1. Balde (Currently on Celtic.)

2. Bring on Demichelis to the back four, and buy a new midfielder that replaces Ballack and cover the defensive mid position. Remember that Micho is defense, not midfield.

3. Maybe I'm wrong, but I will very much like to see Frank Farenhorst on FC Bayern or Bayer Leverkusen's Juan (Or Roque Junior).

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for me the best replacement would a defender with experience.Ismael has been poor i cant understand why was he bought in the first place.He didnt have an excellent season for bremen.Anyways i think he needs to go.I think bayern need to spend some money on a defender.For me they should only try buying an excellent central defender that might cost them 15 to 16million so that for next season we have a good defence and chance in cl.I know it is a big sum of money but bayern should spend their summer budget on a defender only bcz bayern doesnt need anymore replacements and if ballack leaves i think bayern should play diesler in the attacking midfield position as he would a great replacement

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Filo, Have u gone mad?

Bobo Balde? I remember throwing his name in desperation at the start of the season when Bayern werent signing center backs and kept saying that they had enough cover for the squad.

He is a woeful player honestly. No skill or finesse whatsoever. He does have heart though and the only reason id consider him.

Never in life would i sign Bobo Balde though.

Juan and Fahrenhorst? Are u mad? Both are utter rubbish relative to Champs League, all due respect to them.

About time we start thinking outside the box. Outside the Bundesliga. If we want to be competitive then we must sign top quality players. Not just the best in the Bundesliga or the best of the rest.

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
balla_basti said:
Filo, Have u gone mad?

Bobo Balde? I remember throwing his name in desperation at the start of the season when Bayern werent signing center backs and kept saying that they had enough cover for the squad.

He is a woeful player honestly. No skill or finesse whatsoever. He does have heart though and the only reason id consider him.

Never in life would i sign Bobo Balde though.

Juan and Fahrenhorst? Are u mad? Both are utter rubbish relative to Champs League, all due respect to them.

About time we start thinking outside the box. Outside the Bundesliga. If we want to be competitive then we must sign top quality players. Not just the best in the Bundesliga or the best of the rest.

That's the point ! You need to sign top players from outside the Bundesliga. And you have to quit signing players from other Bundesliga clubs just for the reason to weaken your opponent. But i would bet that Uli Honess is thinking about signing Borowski, Klose, van Buyten or van der Vaart right now !
If Bayern wants to win the CL, they need to sign experienced top players from outside the league, because in the Bundesliga, all other clubs are already much weaker than Bayern. Most of their players are not very experienced on the international level. And btw, signing top players from foreign leagues would increase the overall level of german club football while signing top players from other Bundesliga clubs is just a shift of power .

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I personally think bayern should try signing anyone of these players

1)ledly King
2)david dunne
3)alex(may be)
4)micheal dawson
5)ivan helguera (bayern might have a chance as he is not happy at real madrid)

·
Banned
411 Posts
We need defenders like boumsong from newcastle, van buyten from HSV, Mexes from Roma, Chivu Roma too, Luisao from Benfica or Alex from Eidnhoven.

They all don't play for Topclubs, but they have international class and conctract untill 2008

Ismael is shit. 30years old and not play for the NT yet. That isn't international class.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
If I remember correctly, didn't Ismael flop at Crystal Palace seven or eight years ago? :eek: :howler:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well boumsong sucks his performances for newcastle have been much worse than ismael.He cant even clear the simplist of chances.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Jean Alain Boumsong is my benchmark for players worse than myself. And Ismael is beaten to the French team by him. That shows Ismaels class.

Good point though Terminator.

But the sad part is that neither Chivu from Roma or Mexes will move to Bayern as it stands. And Mexes isnt even the most solid of players. Brilliant at his best though.

Chivu looks destined for Milan and to be really honest i have had enough of Brazilian defenders. They are flamboyant but they hardly ever get the job done in big games.

As maligned as Kovac was for his performance against Chelsea, id say he was the best defender we have had since the departure of Patrick Andersson.

@ Tim: Yeah. Ismael dint make the grade at Palace, yet Bayern signed him. The sad part of it was that the Frenchman was beginning to grow on me, and then he does this.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Mertesacker from Hannover?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Rothose said:
That's the point ! You need to sign top players from outside the Bundesliga. And you have to quit signing players from other Bundesliga clubs just for the reason to weaken your opponent. But i would bet that Uli Honess is thinking about signing Borowski, Klose, van Buyten or van der Vaart right now !
If Bayern wants to win the CL, they need to sign experienced top players from outside the league, because in the Bundesliga, all other clubs are already much weaker than Bayern. Most of their players are not very experienced on the international level. And btw, signing top players from foreign leagues would increase the overall level of german club football while signing top players from other Bundesliga clubs is just a shift of power .
Exactly Rothose. Part of the reason that i dont want us to sign Tim Borowoski although i think hed fit in well here. I just dont want us disrupting the balance of a good up and coming team who are playing with an elan that Bayern would struggle to match.

For the greater good of German football, Bayern should not look to undercut the Bundesliga by signing the best players from competing teams. As u said it decreases the strength of the league.

They need to look beyond to sign players and if they need their own TV deal to do it, so be it. Coffers are important. Uli and company should realize that downsizing is NOT an option. What good is economic feasability if you cannot have continental success to go along with it?

Bayern want to be a global brand im sure. Competing in the Champs League would surely boost that wish!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts