Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big game today at Råsunda when Stockholm giants Djurgården and AIK meet up. (Probably the biggest league game in Scandinavia alongside Bröndby - FCK.)

I got my ticket just now and hope for a good game. AIK are the underdogs, but there is hope. Djurgården have lost their best player Källström and also his replacement Barsom is banned for this game. (On the other hand our most important striker Andreas Andersson is injured and won't play. Perhaps that evens things out.)

Hmmm. It's better I won't try and predict the game because I'm never right anyways. :D

I will though post pictures later. :)

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Something we miss from you Swedes in here - talking about Allsvenskan and not only about Swedish players abroad and such. :)

I was wondering how if DIF would be such big favourites this season as they've been the last few. Now when Källström obviously isn't there anymore.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
I wish I could see the match, but I suppose it's Canal + that's showing the match, and I don't have that here in Volda. I have SVT1, SVT2 and TV4 though.

For Swedish football's sake it would be good with a new champion this season. Norway has done fine with Rosenborg winning, especially with their CL success, but it's not an ideal situation. Winning two years in a row should be enough for any club. :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I totaly agree ;)

And yes, the game will be on Canal+

I think Malmö FF are considered to be the biggest favorites to win Allsvenskan. At least by the experts in the press.

But IMO Dif will win. Malmö has bought a bunch of good players but Dif already have a team ready. They've lost Källström and that is a significant loss, but they have replaced him with Barsom who is also very good.

Malmö might be the "team to beat", and Dif might be weaker than last year, but I still think they will manage to win more games than Malmö overall. It's definately a mistake to write them off like the media has done.

Then there is also Hammarby, who seem to have a foundation for a great team. Right now they lack a class striker though. If they can manage to solve their problem with poor finishing they might be just as dangerous as Dif or Malmö.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm sitting at section 107, I'll wave! :)

Hopefully the game will be half as good as the fantastic one last year which ended 3-3.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dif - AIK, 3-1. (0-0)

AIK managed to score the first goal early in the second half but in the following fifteen minutes we lost all our positions and Dif were quick to take advantage of that scoring two goals. It was really pathetic. AIK looked like a non league football team at that point. Things never really improved and instead Dif scored another one not much later.

Kind of expected a loss, but I'm still very disappointed. :(

Like Barca's coach once said: "The supporters of AIK deserve a better team".

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thought you might like it :)

I havn't bothered to look for any pictures of Dif's tifo mainly because it was boring, IMO. But the link at the bottom of my previous post will lead you to a page which contains one picture (the last one).

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After this game the Swedish FA made the decision to limit the crowds at Råsunda. The reason for this drastic action is mainly to make it easier for the guards to locate and beat up the people holding the flares.

To start with, they will cut capacity by 4000.

How sad it will be, in the future, to see empty seats where there should be fans... :depress:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Bodhi said:
After this game the Swedish FA made the decision to limit the crowds at Råsunda. The reason for this drastic action is mainly to make it easier for the guards to locate and beat up the people holding the flares.

To start with, they will cut capacity by 4000.

How sad it will be, in the future, to see empty seats where there should be fans... :depress:
It's not the FA, it's the Fire Department.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts