Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slightly off-topic, but here goes:

BERLIN, July 12 - Youri Djorkaeff, one of the stars of France's Euro 2000-winning side, may not rejoin German first division team Kaiserslautern after the summer break.

The 32-year-old midfielder, scorer of two crucial goals for France in Euro 2000, says he wants to leave Germany's 1998 champions after only one season.

"There are constant offers. That's obvious after Euro 2000. But from who, that's a secret," Djorkaeff's brother, Denis, told the Sport Bild newspaper.

Team mate Andreas Buck doubted Djorkaeff would be back. "I wouldn't bet on it. No-one knows if he's coming back at all," Buck said. The speculation has earned Djorkaeff the nickname "Phantom". He is due back from a holiday in Greece on July 24, but recently told journalists he wanted to extend his break by a week.

Kaiserslautern chairman Juergen Friedrich insisted Djorkaeff would rejoin the team. "How often do I have to say it? Youri Djorkaeff will join us on July 24," he said.

Hope he leaves Kaiser for a good team.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I too hope he goes to a better club than Kaiserslautern, infact I've heard many rumours that he was heading to Bayern Munich. Since we're on the topic of Djorkaeff, does anybody know where I can download the movie of the goal he scored against Roma 3 years ago?

I

·
0 Posts
Today I read the DJORKAEFF will return to Kaiserslautern. I think this will just be temporary though. I can't see him staying with them. I think he will probably go to Bayern or back to France. I hope he leaves also. He deserves to play in Europe and on a successful team.

·
Registered
43,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can download the video at http://www.raisport.rai.it

Go to calcio, then archivio...the season is 96-97 (5 Jan 97)

The video is pretty unclear though. I'm trying to get it on video, so that I can convert it to mpeg. If anyone has any footage of that goal, I NEED it. I'll pay whatever it costs!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts