Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
MVP
Joined
·
8,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This man literally terrorized the defenders during his time with Auxerre. All the talk about him was his move to a bigger club and how he will become one of the best strikers in the world. We all watched in shock and awe :scared: thinking, finally...a successor to Ronaldo-mania (who went on to become top scorer in WC 2002).

Yes I'm aware as much as his career is blessed with goals of spectacular beauty :star:...he is cursed with the injuries. :stress:


What is the future of this highly talented player? Do you think if the current Djibril Cisse goes to Auxerre tomorrow, he'll bag 20 goals + ? Or is his struggle simply a matter of adjusting to new tactics and lifestyle, hence is yet to prove himself.

Would a move to Spurs make him another forgotten overrated has-been a-la Milan Baros? :irritate: :sigh:

I honestly think he is a player of great potential, and that we have yet to see the best of him. I'd say the injuries have played the biggest part of his struggle to rediscover explosive form. :hopefull:

I'd like to hear everyone else's opinion on this. :)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,440 Posts
He gets more chances in France then in England. Already back in France he was known for wasting good oppurtinities. While in England with tighter games he does not get that many chances and therefore scores less.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,204 Posts
i think hes a very good player and wouldnt mind him at the lane, but not in exchange for defoe! hes never got a fair chance at liverpool, he doesnt have a good scoring record in france and for the NT for nothing...maybe hes not suited to the EPL, that doesnt mean hes a bad player, jus like forlan and veron
 

·
Freedom for all
Joined
·
16,851 Posts
I can't believe that anyone would ever have considered Cisse to be on any kind of level near Ronaldo.

I mean, come on, the US has more control over Iraq than Cisse has over a football. :D:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,738 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
I can't believe that anyone would ever have considered Cisse to be on any kind of level near Ronaldo.

I mean, come on, the US has more control over Iraq than Cisse has over a football. :D:D
sig material :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,738 Posts
victorvaldes.1. said:
i think hes a very good player and wouldnt mind him at the lane, but not in exchange for defoe! hes never got a fair chance at liverpool, he doesnt have a good scoring record in france and for the NT for nothing...maybe hes not suited to the EPL, that doesnt mean hes a bad player, jus like forlan and veron
news has it spurs are interested, if it's right we'll sell him straight away, i thought you liked good football at the lane :googly:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,245 Posts
He looked a great player in France, was thrilled to get him.He scored on his League debut here and did well up until the leg break.He worked hard and amazingly came back the same season and scored twice on the last day of the season.Considering he snapped his leg, showed glimpses of what he can do and seemed a genuine guy everything was fine.

But since then he's been shown up.As mentioned his touch is awful, no vision, wildly blasts the ball goalwards, the only way he can beat a man is by knocking the ball 10 metres infront of him and try and run like hell, his off the ball movement is woeful, he's lazy and when something doesnt come off he stands and looks behind at his team mates and start's whinging.

He's a total headcase, he has a good side and i dont dislike the guy.But he's had more hairstyles than goals in a Liverpool shirt, he cost 14m pound.

Hopefully Tottenham, Marseille, Lyon or someone can take him off us for a decent price.He'll definately be leaving.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,820 Posts
cisse was houlliers signing ,the style of player under houllier was to put everyone behind the ball ,let the other team have all the posession and then counter attack with pure pace with cisse and owen if he had stayed.

rafa benitez came in and his style of play to is keep possession ,control the midfield ,and get crosses in ,this system doesn't need the pace of cisse as much as the houllier one.

cisse looked good at auxerre in a 4-5-1 system ,the whole team revolved around him ,at liverpool this is never going to happen and cisse isn't good enough or talented enough for it either.He finds t hard to play with a striking partner in a 4-4-2 system ,no adaptablitity at all.So it means we have to play him on the wing if we play him at all.

cisse does not have the qaulities as a footballer benitez looks for ,no awareness of those around him ,no football intelligence ,can't hold the ball up little skill his game consists of kicking the ball ahead of him and running after it up a blind alley .If you like that type of thing please come and buy him he's yours for a pound and a packetof crisps.

as for looking good in france ,boumsong looked good in france once upon a time and look how shit he is ,the french league is not the strongest in europe and there have been more than a few freanch duds at anfield we don't want them anymore.

only fans from other football clubs seem to rate cisse but the most important ones that actually watch him think he's nothing special ,who is wrong ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,439 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
I can't believe that anyone would ever have considered Cisse to be on any kind of level near Ronaldo.

I mean, come on, the US has more control over Iraq than Cisse has over a football. :D:D
thats ****ing funny. Im in the library and cracking up with laughter. :howler: :howler: :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,482 Posts
Rhizoid said:
This man literally terrorized the defenders during his time with Auxerre. All the talk about him was his move to a bigger club and how he will become one of the best strikers in the world. We all watched in shock and awe :scared: thinking, finally...a successor to Ronaldo-mania (who went on to become top scorer in WC 2002).

Yes I'm aware as much as his career is blessed with goals of spectacular beauty :star:...he is cursed with the injuries. :stress:


What is the future of this highly talented player? Do you think if the current Djibril Cisse goes to Auxerre tomorrow, he'll bag 20 goals + ? Or is his struggle simply a matter of adjusting to new tactics and lifestyle, hence is yet to prove himself.

Would a move to Spurs make him another forgotten overrated has-been a-la Milan Baros? :irritate: :sigh:

I honestly think he is a player of great potential, and that we have yet to see the best of him. I'd say the injuries have played the biggest part of his struggle to rediscover explosive form. :hopefull:

I'd like to hear everyone else's opinion on this. :)
LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,439 Posts
victorvaldes.1. said:
i think hes a very good player and wouldnt mind him at the lane, but not in exchange for defoe! hes never got a fair chance at liverpool, he doesnt have a good scoring record in france and for the NT for nothing...maybe hes not suited to the EPL, that doesnt mean hes a bad player, jus like forlan and veron
At least with forlan, I and every other united fan could see he had undoubted ability. Most peeps were actually quite dissapointed when he was sold. But Cisse has got the touch of a rapist, for a top class striker. He is a bit gash. And I think he is settled in England. He said so himself. He is lord of his own manor ffs! And he is married to an english chick! If that aint settled, what is?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,833 Posts
All a bit harsh on Cisse...in the right system and team he could be a threat. His problem is he needs a team to be built around him but he's not good enough for the top teams to do that....he's all about the 4-5-1.

If a Charlton or West Ham spent £7million on him he could do some damage imo. Can't see how he'd work at Spurs though...even Defoe can't get in the side and most Liverpool fans would be happy with a straight swap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,837 Posts
Cisse was Houlier's man, deal signed and sealed before he left. Benitez never liked him and has been trying to sell him ever since.

Spurs tried to buy in the January transfer window but they couldn't shift Robbie Keane. Come July he will be Spurs player and Keane will go to Everton or Newcastle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,820 Posts
if a mid table team bought cisse played 4-5-1 and built the team around him then he would probably do okay ,not world class but thats his level ,bit like milan baros at aston villa.
 
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Top