Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
West Brom boss Robson wants Man Utd's Djemba-Djemba
tribalfootball.com - January 3, 2005

West Bromwich Albion boss Bryan Robson is set to go back to old club Manchester United for midfielder Eric Djemba-Djemba.

Robson is keen to take United's Cameroon international on loan until the end of the season. He wants the midfielder to play alongside new signing Matias Almeyda.

"Ideally, I would like to bring in three, maybe even four players because we need to strengthen fast," said Robson.

"The chairman will support me all the way."

I definatly think that Djemba would prosper from this move. Some five months of consistant first team football at West Brom would help his game and maybe even turn him into Man Utd material.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im sure he'd manage, even if a team like West Brom is full of World Class players! ;)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
could Djembax2 cope with the step up in class?
He would manage fine. We are so lucky that a club as big as West Brom is coming in for Djemba and help bring his game to a new level :tongue:. What I was worried about was that Fergie would send him on loan to an inferior club which is full of piss...erm, like Liverpool

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
the move will benefit all parties involved...he needs some consistent football, with pressure all around..relegation battling west brom seems like a good place...and if he plays shite, then everyone will really know whether djemba was worth buyin or not...

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Yeah, I think its gonna be a great move for Djemba. He will definitely gain a lot from this experience. It is good for all parties involved.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
we will see come January 15th
Seems like you lot are banking everything on that one single game.:confused:So if Liverpool manages to beat us on the 15th then all of a sudden they become a better side than us or have a better oppurtunity of winning the Championship?!?:confused:

Only in your dream ScouseWorld that is!:D

I hope the bet is still on regarding the avatars!:pp

As for the supposed loan deal,would be best for EDD because he needs to show the management team that the qualities are there to make the step-up to the first team and he can only do that by playing regular football.....if not at United then at West Brom then.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Shaf said:
Seems like you lot are banking everything on that one single game.:confused:So if Liverpool manages to beat us on the 15th then all of a sudden they become a better side than us or have a better oppurtunity of winning the Championship?!?:confused:

Only in your dream ScouseWorld that is!:D

I hope the bet is still on regarding the avatars!:pp

As for the supposed loan deal,would be best for EDD because he needs to show the management team that the qualities are there to make the step-up to the first team and he can only do that by playing regular football.....if not at United then at West Brom then.
We've got 18 league titles and 4 european cups to proove we're a better club.

·
Registered
580 Posts
manchester united have 23 players and 1 donkey (djemba) to prove they're a better club

personally i wouldn't be mad at all about kleberson and djemba...other than that if you add their price to the final offer for robben you get what he went to chelsea for.

·
Registered
786 Posts
he needs some first team football!!! it could only help his moral more by playing 5 good months of 1st team soccer. we need 2 loan him out!

·
Registered
109 Posts
good riddance to the lad, i was wondering if one of kleberson/djemba would go on loan to get some first team action. Was really hoping it to be kleberson, as he seems to have been more of a waste, but with all his problems settling and getting married to a 12 year old what can we expect. If he moves town again to go on loan it'd take him the rest of the season to get settled anyway

·
Registered
270 Posts
It would be great for Djembax2 to be involved in a relegation scrap, even though i think he is joining the club favourite to be relegated first. I think an oppurtunity like this cannot be passed as it is rare in England that you see developing players loaned to clubs in the same league. In italy it is the norm because you get clubs part owning players eg. Adriano was part owned by Parma and Inter until Inter paid off the fee for Inter to own him 100%.

I can remember last season there was Konchesky and Pennant, and this season Bentley and Spector in a fortnight or so. But i dont seem to remember too many more.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The reason for this would probably be that the other clubs in the EPL would not believe that the players are up to the job in terms of quality etc. But i think that it helps having ex-players as managers of other clubs as they would have good contacts with United so they would no more about our players.

I am sure everyone would agree this move is for the best and hopes it is completed as it would be intruiging to take an interest in a team that is battling and fighting for every point it can manage compared to Utd where it is all about minimising the number of points we drop in games.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts