Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manninger's disappointment as transfer unlikely 26 January 2002

Alex Manninger

ALEX MANNINGER has expressed his disappointment that a permanent move to Fiorentina looks unlikely.

Manninger, currently on loan at the Italian club until the end of the season, has been a regular in Serie A but Fiorentina's financial restraints mean he is probably set to return to Highbury in the summer.

However, he did his reputation no harm at all last weekend with a penalty save from AC Milan star Andriy Shevchenko as struggling Fiorentina claimed a battling point with a 1-1 draw.

The Tuscan club are still only one place off the bottom of the table, but Manninger is hopeful that his save could be the catalyst for a turn-around in fortunes.

"Saving Shevchenko's penalty was a great moment because it stopped AC Milan doubling their lead and meant we could go on to equalise," he explained.

"I want to believe that Fiorentina can survive. I think that my penalty save could be the start of a new period for the club but now we need to go on and win games.

"However, it saddens me that in the current economic situation I couldn't stay here. I would like to go and win a championship with a big team.

"I reached a point a year ago with Arsenal when I realised I would not be number one. But I want to win a title, whether it be in England or Italy."

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
its not wengers fault for manniger coming back
forientina cant afford to keep him
i dont think wenger would be paying manniger's wage and LET him stay in italy
whose stupid enough to do that?

:D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
what's the problem if he's been playing well in Italy i'm sure there will be clubs interested in him he just needs to be patient ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
what's the problem if he's been playing well in Italy i'm sure there will be clubs interested in him he just needs to be patient ;)

Exactly there will be clubs that want him he has been almost if not the best keeper in Serie A this season so someone will pay reasonable dollars for him just wait.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts