Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all this speculation,and that "inside" (which tuirned out to be tottaly bull****! I was lied probably... :() information I heard the previus weeks I was really exited for the transfer season...I mean I thought that Tanzi was serius and that we would get great players like Lauren,Rui Costa and Farinos.But now it is all cleared,we bought Micoud for a ridiculus low price,and the player we all hoped to see as a good midfielder to have will probably be our main man! believe or not our whole game will be around a player who will cost 5 million pounds! Rui Costa's left leg (the bad one) costs more! then they seem unwilling to buy a left midfielder because we have Vanoli,a player whose form has been on a free fall this year.Maybe they are waiting the CL qualification but the least thing I want to see is Crespo or Thuram leaving because the team doesnt get enough strengthening.We see one targwet after another ending up in rival teams which will probably be too strong for us to face.First it was Emerson,then Lauren,who will be next? probably Farinos and Rui Costa...we are not good enough to compete and we doesnt seem to do anything about it! :(I just dont see anything good for the future...

Tanzi DO SOMETHING!

------------------
Any given Sunday,you either win or loose.That's FOOTBALL...

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Relax!

If we do win against Inter we have a much better opportunity to attract Rui Costa and Farinos but you shouldn't degrade the players we already have either. Let's just hope that we can hang on to our stars and we will be alright.

The thing about Micoud being a worse player just because he come so cheap is just plain stupid. Would you feel better if we paid $20M for him? He's considered the cover up for Zidane in the french national team for crying out loud! Don't doubt him before you've even seen him wear the gialloblu shirt.

Apart from Micoud we have a wealth of young coming guys to choose from. Dabo, Appiah and Bolano could all be superstars in the making. We don't know if Farinos would do any better than them at Parma do we? Just because Farinos had a few games in Champion's League doesn't prove him to be as good as we make him to be. We have been raving about Farinos and Lauren like they were our saviours these last few weeks but to be honest, they are yet to prove themselves in the best league in the world.

Then I have to add a few things. Parma will never attract the biggest stars. So to see a spectacular signing such as Figo or Rivaldo is out of the question. But I think we have a great team already so IMHO we don't need a Figo or Rivaldo to come and create chaos in our dressing room. What we need for next season is one or two midfielders with some vision for the offensive game. In Micoud we have one already. The second name is yet to be official but we can't do worse than Alex. And given that Alex is one of the hottest young properties around it's not bad at all whatever happens.

Should we lose to Inter two players will leave. Crespo and Buffon. Buffon is easy to replace. Just buy Frey. Crespo is trickier to replace but look at Udinese. When they lost Bierhoff Amoroso became top scorer. I think Di Vaio and Amoroso would be a very good striking pair with Di Vaio "feeding" off Amoroso's passes. And also Di Vaio-Amoroso is a "worst case scenario". Maybe we could get a replacement for Crespo like Hasselbaink or Morientes? Besides, look at Lazio. They didn't have one decent striker this year and still they could win both Coppa Italia and Lo Scudetto. I would rate Amoroso above Salas and Di Vaio above Simone Inzaghi. When I think real hard I would even prefer Stanic to Boksic or Ravanelli.

This is quickly growing into a long post now I feel. The point I'm trying to make is that whatever happens Parma will have a competitive team next year that could be shooting for Lo Scudetto. Whether it includes Rui Costa, Crespo and Buffon or not doesn't matter really.

So, just relax Amo! Everything will be ok. Even if we lose to Inter.

P

·
0 Posts
That's good for us to pay so little to get Micoud. The reason is simple: if he is good, we made a good deal. If he isn't, we did not lose much.

Actually, I look forward to the young midfield and strikers promoted from the youth team. They are really our hope.

------------------
COOL MOVE!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Verdi,you misunderstood me.I dont want to contest for the scudetto,I WANT LO SCUDETTO! I want the thing that is more important than 100 UEFA Cups,3000 Copa Italian and 2000 SuperCups.I want to sing "we are the champions" at the end of the season! I want to see Bennarivo retiring after lifting the scudetto at Tardini,just like Mancini did.I want to see Cannavaro,Crespo and Thuram saying "we'll stay at Parma because we WANT it" just like Nesta or Maldini say for their teams.I want us to be CHAMPIONS,CAMPIONI,PROTATHLITES! I want Rui Costa,I want Farinos,I want Gamarra,I want,I want,I want...I WANT THE SCUDETTO! Lazio proved something this year,you can BUY the scudetto by BUYING WISELY in the transfer market! let Juve sign as many youngsters as they want,I want Parma to buy the players we need to lead us at the scudetto! these players are not Brocchi,Torrisi and Vanoli.Sure they are good enough for a CL place which we would get if we were more lucky this season,but they are not good enough to be starters in a SCUDETTO team! They can sit on the bench and start occasionaly! every year I hear the same crap,I'm BORED of it!even at 97 when we were challenging for the scudetto seriusly we all knew that we WERE NOT GOOD ENOUGH to get it! we had a decent team,but not a CHAMPIONSHIP team! Unless we make a DREAM TEAM WE ARE NOT GOING TO GET IT! Tanzi has the BRAIN AND THE MONEY to spend wise and bring some players in this team to make us Champions.If we had an off-season with all the signings we all thought we'd have (Rui Costa,Micoud,Farinos,Brocchi,Appiah and Lauren) I would bet my head and my d!ck ( :)) that we would take the whole thing next year! these players were perfect for us and would make any team like Inter and Milan fear us!Tanzi has to invest for ONE year,one ****ING SCUDETTO-WINNING YEAR and then players will beg to come at Parma just like they beg to join Lazio and Milan.I dont want the papers to link our stars with Juve,Milan,Lazio etc etc.I want us to be able to sign THEIR best players.Just like they did with Veron,I want us to be able to do this with Shevchenko,Nesta,Del Piero...Instead of all these,what? we'll get Brocchi instead of Lauren,Giannichedda instead of Baggio and Micoud for our main man,our play-maker,the player to buiolt our team around...

Have a nice day...the sun will never rise as long as it is Gialloblu.

------------------

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
No Amoroso. You are wrong!!

You can't buy Lo Scudetto! Lazio won it this year after spending wisely. That's right. But in the end they won the championship thanks to coincidences and pure luck. Serie A is so tough that you simply can't buy your way to success. Sure, you need good players but you also need them to work together as a team, to get the players sitting on the bench to help and not to complain, to get lucky and avoid injuries, to win those important 1-0 games when you don't deserve more than a draw and so on. You can put together a team concisting of the best player in the world at his position and you still can NOT be guaranteed of winning Lo Scudetto. You need so much more. Of course the arrival of players like Rui Costa and Farinos should give us a better chance of winning. I say should and not would because in football there are never any guarantees of anything. I still think Parma should work like Juventus and Man Utd and not like Inter and Lazio.

No team in the world can buy the likes of Raul, Del Piero, Nesta, Totti or Maldini. They are the symbols of their team and can't be bought. No matter what and who you are.

Besides, isn't it a bit premature to hand in the towel at this early stage of the transfer campaign? Many things can still happen. Both good things and bad things. I still say that the key to next season is to keep our players and not to sign new players. Who knows, maybe it only was Micoud that we lacked to be really competitive this year? With everyone healthy next year we could very well win Lo Scudetto. The possibility that we can win is enough for me. And it should be enough for you to, as it is the reality for every football supporter in the world.

Finally, if you are so disappointed with Parma, maybe you should be a full time Lazio supporter? I've seen that you have been tempted already... :) But I can't get it. How can you be disappointed with a Parma winning three european trophies in a single decade? The first decade too. It took Lazio 26 years to win Lo Scudetto since they last won it. Inter hasn't won it since the 80's, not to mention Roma. It's not easy to do. And with all of the other big teams also spending like crazy I think it's absurd to demand Lo Scudetto.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
What do you mean by "Giannichedda instead if Baggio" BTW? :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First of all I would NEVER support another team apart from Parma.Never.

Secondly,I said buy WISELY.Not buyiung the best.Rui costa is not the best,Veron is the best.Farinos isnt the best,Davids is the best.BUT Rui Costa and Farinos are players that would come over here and play their football.Malesani IS the right manager for Parma,he just needs the proper players to work with! he needs players that would fit to our system and play as they can.Well,I think Malesani KNOWS who these players are,but Tanzi just wont give them to him...I dont throw a towel,but I'll do if I dont see the right moves be done in the summer.Along with my patie nce,Crespo's,Buffon's and Thuram's patience will run out to.We NEVER had a complain about how Thuram or Crespo has been playing,they play as good as they can! but the club just doesnt stand up to them! Tanzi is a GREAT businessman,he is able to make the right choices along with Malesani! but sometimes you have to pay for your cause.Tanzi makes an ok budget and sais,here you go,bye me the best you can.Well THEY CANT BUY ANYTHING better than that.This team is at their limits.ONE more CL place-fighting year and we'll fall apart because the tower will fall and the players will go away.I dont care if Cecchi Gori doesnt want to sell Rui Costa,everyone is for sale at the right price! we'll pay more? YES SIR! but we'll get the player WE WANT and is right for the team.Farinos prefers to sit at Valencia? double his damn salary and he'll come like a mad dog.We missed Lauren from our hands! these things DO NOT MATCH A SCUDETTO TEAM! If I had the money Tanzi has I would go to my manager and asked him "Alberto,this year we'll take the Scudetto.Ask me whoever you want and he will come at Parma".Thats what a proper president do! not like moratti who doesnt ask his manager and gets whoever HE wants.The manager knows best.WELL WE HAVE A DAMN GOOD MANAGER AND HE KNOWS WHAT IS THE BEST! and Malesani is cutting his throat for Rui Costa!

I wouldnt mind if we were like Juve,buy young talents,but who we buy? ok we got Momtano,Bolano,Cannavaro and Galletti,when was the last time we made a Tacchinardi? a Del Piero? a Nesta?

Even if we relegate,even if Breda is our top scorer,even if Crespo scores a hat trick against us,even if Baggio becomes our captain,even if we have David James for a goalkeeper,even if we have Gigi Simoni as a manager,even if we wear red shirts with pink stripes, ALWAYS AND FOREVER FORZA PARMA!

------------------

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was this the most constructive thing you had to add to THIS topic?

(Sometimes I really feel like using my moderator powers on some posts. :()

------------------

·
Registered
859 Posts
I have to agree with Verdi that the most important thing is to keep our players rather than buying new. The last couple of years we have changed our starting-11 drasticly and that is never good. So I just want 2 or maybe 3 new names for our first 11.
I like Farinos very much and I would be very happy if we got him, but what will happen to other great young players in the same position like Dabo, Appiah, Bolano and Longo?

I don´t know what happened with the Lauren deal, but if it wasn´t that he wanted to go to Arsenal rather than Parma, I´m really dissapointed that Tanzi could take him.
I just hope that Serena will not be Fuser´s cover for next year.

If we lose to Inter we will lose Crespo and maybe Thuram, but I don´t think Buffon will leave.

If we wins Rui Costa is likely since he wants too leave and has a good realationship with Malesani. (I don´t think Milan wants him so badly since they want young players like Riquelme + that they still have Boban)

One last thing, I really believe that Torrisi and Lassissi is good enough for a starting place. So no expensive non-eu defenders for me please.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Ya
amorose is right
we r parma fanatic we need something special
to win everyyear i follow the games of seria-a cuase i want parma to won it
tanzi must care about parma everyyear to got the scudetto(really i think he wait the champoins leuge game with inter)

forza parma

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Almeyda+Parma is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! we are not a bad side,we are the 3rd best team in Italy,but should WE be happy with that? I'm not,I want us to be THE BEST! #1.CHAMPIONS! THIS team its on their limits.We cant be anything more than 3rd.I know,I see that with a few players we can make the step forward and take the scudetto.

Make this team SPECIAL.The root for the glory is open but we cant find our way.

------------------

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I think Almeyda+Parma is on to something here. It's very likely that Tanzi is waiting for the game against Inter before he starts contacting players. Maybe it's as simple as Rui Costa wanting more money to play for a team not participating in CL? Maybe we have to get an expensive replacement for Crespo if we lose and that's why we haven't signed Farinos yet? I feel it's too much depending on one single game.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
I agree with you Amoroso, we shouldn't buy too much young future based players like, Appiah, Montano, Bolano, Dabo.
We should buy players who can win the scudetto next year not in 10 years

Amoroso we can't buy the scudetto we have to be clever in the Transfer market.

About some players like Emerson he i think
prefferd Roma because of the city and the fact that many brazilian players play there.
Sometimes it about personal reasons.

About the Lauren thing maby Tanzi didn't want him anymore.

I fear that Farinos isn't coming because why would a player who grew up in Valencia leave it he also is just 20 or 21 and hasn't much expierence.

Remember that we only played for 10 years in the serie A and that we reached more that all the other Big teams...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No,no,no...we SHOULD buy all these players like Dabo,Appiah,Bolano etc etc,what we shouldnt do is consider them starters!

We CAN BUY the scudetto by moving clever in the transfer market.I dont crie out for Morattis I crie out for some players able to do the trick for Parma.They are no more than 4 or 5!

------------------

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Amoroso is right. You have a good team now and should 'build' around the players you have now to make a 'champions' team.
When you have guys like Buffon, Cannavaro, Thuram, Fuser, Amoroso, Crespo, .. Add some top players to this team and you have a competitive team for the scudetto ! You're so close now and selling one of your best players isn't..

About the last part you have to read the news on www.italian-soccer.com. I don't know if this is 100% true but if it is, it's bad news.
Well , here is a part of the article anyway:

Crespo seems uncertain about his future :

"Unfortunately I prefer to fight for the first place, while we are here to play to reach the fourth position. Business is important in the soccer today, but competition is what the player cares the most: from the sports point of view, this match has a low value" the Argentine forward added.

And later he confirmed he is a bit angry for how the Parma season evolved "Yes, no doubt. We were out of the Champions League suddenly and even in Uefa Cup the road was short. Same thing for Coppa Italia and in the race to the 'scudetto'. We have just this playoff now!"

There are many talks about a possible moving away of Crespo, despite he renewed the contract few weeks ago "Surely I'm glad to hear top clubs are looking for Crespo, papers are full of these matters. But what is important is to make official bid to the club, and nothing happened till now. Parma is a great place where to stay, as club and as city as well. But I cannot assure I will stay here, I cannot say I will reject any offer. How can I reject a giant bid?"

This happens when you have top players but don't do the extra thing for winning the scudetto .. Hope for you guys this isn't true and next year you will fight also for the scudetto ..

Remember, I said fight and not win because my n°1 team in Italy is Lazio :)

p.s. hope you didn't mind me entering the discussion because i'm not a real parma fan..

[This message has been edited by Kevin (edited 22-05-2000).]

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kevin,everyone is welcomed...in facxt I hope more fans from other teams can share their views on Parma.

Anyway,I've read that article about Crespo and I couldnt care less.Thats why I didnt post it here after all.The point is that we have seen a billion articles where Crespo sais "I will stay" and another billion where Crespo says "I'll leave".I wont beliebe anything until I see it.But I think VERDI is right,if we win this play-off he will stay,if not he will leave.Simple as that...

------------------

1 - 17 of 17 Posts