Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k sporting won the championship well done to them and they have every right to celebrate what pisses me off though is benfica fans celebrating with sporting fans just coz porto didnt win the championship.
They of course are again showing signs of the Porto v Lisbon rivalry but I find it diobolical that they should celebrate and sing sporting songs after all they are benfica fans and not sporting.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
I agree SLB.
I congratulated Sporting, and that was all. I love Benfica, and celebrating our victories. I believe it was good for Sporting to win, but it was terrible for Benfica to loose. As Sportinguistas were celebrating, I was wearing my BENFICA scarf.

It is also, such bulls#it that whole North vs. South rivalry. My town in Portugal is closer to Porto than to Lisbon, and I am a Benfica fan. Geography as nothing to do with soccer, and I hate when some Benfiquistas said “I’m happy Sporting won, because…south, south.” Come on, Sporting is our rival, Porto is our rival. I won’t celebrate if any of the two win.

I congratulated Sporting, because
1st They put a stop to Porto’s winning streak ;)
2nd I have some friends that love Sporting :)
3rd It brings inovation to Portuguese soccer, and
4th Fans as dedicated deserve a little happiness (just because Benfica couldn’t win anymore).
I don’t care about north or south, and none of the people I know belive it either.

As for Benfica winning next year, I never loose hope and I do believe.

------------------
BENFICA--Forever

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
why does everyone hate the whole North vs South fiasco?

I think its great! as long as it does not go to far where the North and South would become separate countries. So keep it going...as long as the southern and northern hooligans don't ruin it.

P.S. I am from the North....well my family is..I was born in snowy Canada :)

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

·
International
5,629 Posts
Marco, Canada is still north :)!

As far as Benfica fans celebrating with Sporting, well they are just showing off how ignorant and dumb they are. Sporting won and deservedly so, but to celebrate with them, when you have cheered for years against them it just shows the lack of class that some Benfica fans have.

This whole North vs South thing is all BS anyhow. Porto not winning again is what's important, not because of the North vs South thing but because I just can't stand the club.

------------------
Viva o Benfica!

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
I know beautiful Canada is in the North :)

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My family also come from the north and maybe this is why I dont agree with this north v south thing.
But my point is that portugal is one whole beutiful country and that the north is just as good as the south. The north has its good points and its bad points but so does the south.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yeah, I've just been there (North- Beira Alta) this weekend and it's beautiful at this time of the year! Since there was a lot of raining this Spring I was able to wet my feet in the cold water from a beautiful and clean water stream...

As for that North vs South thing. To me it makes as sense as a beard vs moustache rivalry, or anything like that.

Yeah right... I can picture it now: INDEPENDENCE FOR THE BERLENGAS! INDEPENDENCE OR DEATH!

O

·
0 Posts
Hey Marcoa did you catch this one.

Sporting's win brings inovation to Portuguese soccer.

That's cute Eagle lady!

Geez!!

------------------
Viva O Norte
Viva Porto
Viva Futebol Clube do Porto
Viva Pinto da Costa

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
innovation to Portuguese soccer? there is no innovation in Portuguese soccer. YOu have a 1/3 chance of picking the champ every year. Pretty good odds.

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

D

·
0 Posts
Yes Benfica have a good past, but that head of yours is getting a bit too big :eek:
(REFERRING TO BENFICA4EVA) :)

The Benfica era is over for now, so keep your smug comments to yourself, because the last trophy you have won recently was the JD Sports Trophy in Middlesborough :)

------------------
FROM DA UK PORTISTA
VIVA O PORTO!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey dont devalue the jd sports trophy we had to beat not only the mighty newcastle reserves but also some other really good division 2 italian team :) and whats more we did it on penalties something the portuguese arent very good at usually.
As for our past I think its a big part of benfica as that was our most succesful era.
Benfica aren't the best by a long way but I feel that there is nothing wrong in reffering to our past.

D

·
0 Posts
OK, OK, don't get your knickers in a twist :)

------------------
FROM DA UK PORTISTA
VIVA O PORTO!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts