Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I posted at soccernet.com:http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/f2385.html

If anyone really cares about helping yourself and the world regain faith in the World Cup, please click on the link, and join the protest against the horrible refereeing in this world cup. That's all the link is about, however I will tie it in with conspiracies. Italy had one or two goals disallowed, an UNFAIR red card, Spain had two goals disallowed (perfectly good ones) and many, many offside calls. Portugal received two red cards. These are all games against South Korea, where it is obvious fifa is aiding them. And for any South Korean fans who want to rebut to what I say, don't bother...I won't come back to read what you say, I could care less. If you don't see that SOuth Korea doesn't belong in the semifinal and got there by blatant cheating by the refs, you're blind. I am not only saying that the bad calls have been limited to benefiting South Korea. Spain has long been known as an underacheiver. That's crap. Fifa won't let them win, as demonstrated by the game against Ireland (Spain 13 offsides, Ireland one), Spain two goals disallowed, Ireland two penalties given. Spain should of gotten a late penalty in the extratime when Luis Enrique almost got his head chopped off. I am not a spain fan by nature, argentina is my team, but I respect Spain and they have showed the best soccer of the tournament, save for Brazil against England. This is definitely one of the worst world cups and a disgrace. And the way Fifa is goign about manipulating the cup is an insult to all of soccer's loyal fans. I believe Camacho said it right, he said that Spain won 2-0 no matter what anyone says, and they are leaving the cup undefeated. He also said that he doesn't know who's not letting them win, fifa, the refs, or the dog eating restaurants.

I just wanted to reiterate that I'm not affiliated with soccerage.com and these are just my views, and I don't want to tarnish their campaing.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Could not agree more. Every WC in the past has one infamous referee blunder, i.e., Harald Schumacher decapitation of French player in 82. This WC has too many to count, and way too important calls. Shameful refereeing especially against certain teams. FIFA, use modern technology. Even video replays and overhead cameras. Don't be afraid to overturn calls.

·
Registered
221 Posts
In the Italy- Korea match you have to add a penalty not awarded in favor of the azzurros which almost no one remembers because the TV never replayed it. It was a clear hand. Minute 50 if you wanna check it on video. Plus, Zambrotta was injured and had to leave the field because a criminal foul from a Korean midfielder who didn't even get a yellow card.

As an Argentinian, I hate Brazil and Germany (as long as soccer is concerned, don't get me wrong: Go Hegel and Bossa Nova!) but I hope that either or both beat the crap out of Korea. If Korea played in Nacional B (Argentina 2nd division) they would be relegated to the third division. An amateur team in semifinals. Venezuela is better.

:depress:

If Turkey does it, even better.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just hope Korea gets hammered. Don't know why that just has not happened. I've never been a fan of Korea since watching them in 86 trying to cripple Maradona in their 1st round game. There were several handballs in this tournament that were not called.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Philander said:
Could not agree more. Every WC in the past has one infamous referee blunder, i.e., Harald Schumacher decapitation of French player in 82. This WC has too many to count, and way too important calls. Shameful refereeing especially against certain teams. FIFA, use modern technology. Even video replays and overhead cameras. Don't be afraid to overturn calls.
I totally agree FIFA must make sure we never see another WC
like this one.
Spain should be in the semis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts