Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 764 Posts

·
Registered
30,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well there's still two more weeks left and we've still mathematically got a chance of qualifying for the Champions League, providing we stay focused and Besiktas slip up in their last two matches. Having said this, I think we're atleast assured of UEFA Cup football, which is good, as long as we have some European action next season, I'll personally be happy. So with guaranteed European football to bring in some revenue, we should be able to attract some semi-decent reinforcements.

Where should be improved in the squad? I think the arrival of Servet will be good, he'll be solid at the back I think, maybe complacent at times but I think he can develop with the right guidence and chance to shine. I think someone creative as well and maybe start bringing through some of those youths properly, establishing themselves in the first team.

Prediction for next season, top three definately. :)

·
Banned
141 Posts
It would be nice if for next year the team would be along the lines of:

------------------------Umit-------Necati/??---------------------
-------------------------------??--------------------------------
-----------------Arda-------------------------Sabri/??-----------
-------------------------------??--------------------------------
---Orhan/Ferhat/Volkan Yaman?------Servet-----??-----Sabri/??---
----------------------------Mondragon---------------------------

·
Honourable Mention, April Photo Contest 2008
19,147 Posts
we should really get some foreign defenders if tomas and song leave. servet and emre as center backs is an invitation for any european side to rape us. ferhat for left back could be enough for turkey at least. i'd say we should keep inamoto and ilic and arda, we wont find any attacking midfielder who#s better than ilic. believe me. so there's two positions left(assuming ümit and necati stay as well). right back and right midfield. if we are about to spend cash, we should try to get two talented guys for that positions. the rm should be a worker, a guy who also defends (like arda for example). then two guys who should at least be backups this season are aydin yilmaz for the wings and özgürcan for FW.

------------Ümit------Necati--------

Arda------------Ilic-----------New Guy

--------------Inamoto--------------

Ferhat--Song/NEW-Tomas/NEW--New Guy

it's not that hard at all, just keep your key players and get two decent wingers, one for the back and one for midfield, and you'll at least make the top three next year.

·
Master Debater
20,651 Posts
Carrusca? It isn't as easy as snapping your fingers to get rid of players on contract.

I'm sure we all remember the Heinz fiasco trying to get rid of him.

·
Master Debater
20,651 Posts
tanman636 said:
i wanna keep carrusca. he's young and he shows some potential.

I've always thought Carrusca to be a good player with the potential to be something better. Gerets has done a good job with Gala over the past few years so it is hard to knock his decisions but if I were in his shoes I would have played Carrusca more often.

·
Master Debater
20,651 Posts
tanman636 said:
galatasaray needs a good ML anyway.

Carrusca doesn't get much of a chance because Arda has locked that roll down. What I'm thinking is that as young and talented as Arda is he can easiily adapt to the attacking mid in the center. All this talk about needing an attacking mid you guys might as well try Arda there and see how it works out while putting Carrusca at ML. It could work.

Btw I'm not a big fan of Ilic, Arda can probably do a better job there once he adapts to the position.

·
Banned
141 Posts
buzyb said:
we should really get some foreign defenders if tomas and song leave. servet and emre as center backs is an invitation
They promised Servet a new partner in defense, but they probably won't get one so they might as well keep Song and Tomas . Emre shouldn't even be considered for a starting place at his age. Servet's alright if he has a faster partner in defense.

buzyb said:
for any european side to rape us. .
The only European sides to worry about are from the top seven leagues, and even many of those are sh*t.

buzyb said:
ferhat for left back could be enough for turkey at least.
I've never seen Ferhat play a great game.

buzyb said:
i'd say we should keep inamoto and ilic and arda, we wont find any attacking midfielder who#s better than ilic. believe me. so there's two positions left(assuming ümit and necati stay as well). right back and right midfield. if we are about to spend cash, we should try to get two talented guys for that positions. the rm should be a worker, a guy who also defends (like arda for example). then two guys who should at least be backups this season are aydin yilmaz for the wings and özgürcan for FW.

------------Ümit------Necati--------

Arda------------Ilic-----------New Guy

--------------Inamoto--------------

Ferhat--Song/NEW-Tomas/NEW--New Guy

it's not that hard at all, just keep your key players and get two decent wingers, one for the back and one for midfield, and you'll at least make the top three next year.
Inamoto's one of the worst DM/holding midfielders that Galatasaray has had in the past few years. The only reason he's there is because they couldn't afford/attract anybody better. Hell, even Saidou was better. There are at least ten better among the Anadolu teams.

I wouldn't mind keeping Ilic although it looks like they will be selling him but who knows?

·
Registered
885 Posts
yeniceri said:
I've always thought Carrusca to be a good player with the potential to be something better. Gerets has done a good job with Gala over the past few years so it is hard to knock his decisions but if I were in his shoes I would have played Carrusca more often.
tanman636 said:
i wanna keep carrusca. he's young and he shows some potential.

Def. right... Carrusca has so much potential and he is also young. He should be considered a keeper.

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
We should try Carrusca in the center but it wouldn't hurt to sign a maestro who can truly control our midfield and bring an element of surpise into our attacks

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
we have money

yeniceri said:
Btw I'm not a big fan of Ilic, Arda can probably do a better job there once he adapts to the position.
yeah i dont like ilic that much either. he has poor ball control.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Out:
Carrusca (loan)
Sabri (loan)
Ferhat (loan)
M. Guven (loan)
Ilic
Inamoto
Hakan Sukur

In: