Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever been on the end of opposition cheats or have you cheated yourself?

When I play with my m8's I have dived before but I'd never do it in a competitive match where something is at stake.

I would have no problem of making the most of contact and have done this before and mostly always got the decision from the ref.

Have you been seriously injured or injured another with a bad tackle?

CB

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
when i play football with my mates one of them has a really physical and aggressive (as a pose to assertive) style of play. we all tell him so, but either he doesn't realsie how dirtya dn dangerous his tackles are or he just ignores it and carries on regardless. eitherway, when we're all playing world cup i try to give a penalty away against him just to get on his tits. he normally just sulks off home in a tantrum.

regarding whether i myself play dirtily, i don't see the point. it completely defeats the point of football. besides, i just beat players with my extraordinary skill!;) :D

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
What if it's... the 89'th minute in some cup final, you've run into the box with the ball the center back brushes you shin and knocks you of the ball, the ref can not see it what do you do......

A) Dive and Win the Penalty and the match

B) Just carry on and for extra-time and lose

I would take a dive! :D

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I only dive in muck abouts with my pals and i hack like mad and in games im worse. I was sent off in my 2nd 11 a side game and i should have bee sent off twice after that for handballing it off the line and some1 slidded me so i kicked him in the leg and he squared up to me.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whizz said:
What if it's... the 89'th minute in some cup final, you've run into the box with the ball the center back brushes you shin and knocks you of the ball, the ref can not see it what do you do......

A) Dive and Win the Penalty and the match

B) Just carry on and for extra-time and lose

I would take a dive! :D
Ok I admit I'd take a dive, but only if there was contact(See page 19 of Micheal Owen's 'How to beat Argentina' book):)

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
From a playing point of view I don't see the point in diving, shirt pulling or any other cheating, scummy tactics. When this is shown in the best tournament in the world this sad to see especially from a refereeing point of view when you know that youth players will be trying to emulate their heroes (RIVALDO!!!). As a referee I book any player that dives deliberately to get the free kick. It is simulation and downright cheating.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Well I never take a dive mainly because I'm crap at it (& because I'm a goalie:D) but John, my best mate is inclined to fall on his backside at every oppurtunity, but then again he is so crap at it nobody takes him seriously!

Then again I'm inclined to lunge in & dive at peoples feet (always get the ball & usually put the willies up against the opposition striker) but it's never with malicious intent, unless the guys been acting like a twat, & then it is a different matter :tongue:

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
ChelseaBear said:

Ok I admit I'd take a dive, but only if there was contact(See page 19 of Micheal Owen's 'How to beat Argentina' book):)
Right, that is the only type of diving which I ever do, and apparently I am not bad at it, or the refs are just really naive, since I never got in trouble before.:D

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I wouldn't say that i cheat but i always try and put a forceful challenge on the opposition forward in the first few minutes of the game (just to let him know who's boss) ;).

And in answer to one of your original question, i have been seriously injured by a (very) bad tackle.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Is Playing Hardball Considered 'Cheating'?

I don't dive, but I play hard. I've been muscled off the ball in my 'career' as a player and I hated it. Having the ball stolen cleanly and with technique is part of the game. But I don't tolerate being 'muscled' off the ball, so when I go for it I go with everything I've got.

I don't try to hurt anyone, I've seen real injuries happening on the pitch and it's an ugly sight.

Playing as goalkeeper, I don't really have the chance of diving, so the fantasy scenario Whizz suggested wouldn't happen to me. I wouldn't dive. But I wouldn't mind terribly if my team's players did it. You might call this selective morality. :rolleyes:

·
International
9,526 Posts
Theres no such thing as selective morality;) You either condone cheating or you don't. Simple as that. I can honestly say I've never milked a tackle or taken a dive. Not because I'm an angel, but because football for me is about playing the game by the rules. If you win, by playing within the parameters, you get the greatest feeling in the world. If you cheat in some way to gain an advantage, then what on earth's the point. The glory is tarnished, and you have to live with the fact that you couldn't win by conventional means, and more importantly, it casts doubt on your personality and ability to handle a defeat and bounce back from it.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Let's Clear Up This Confusion

Fred Elliot said:
Theres no such thing as selective morality;)
What I meant was: I don't dive, and I don't cheat. But I won't be devastated if a player from my team dives on the 47th minute of a game that's going to penalties. I wouldn't dive if I were him. But if he does it, hey, it's not my conscience.

I can't sincerely say that a victory against a great rival won't taste good if a dive decides the game. I personally don't do it, but if Botafogo's striker dives in a big final and gets a decisive penalty against Vasco, you can bet I'll be cheerful.

So after admitting this, am I a hypocrite? Maybe. Am I honest? Yes. :cool:

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Garrincha, I have been informed to tell you to please check your Private Messages in either you Profile section or at the bottom of the Xtratime main page :)

·
Fourth Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
7,783 Posts
hmm well ppl call me

vinny as in vinny jones............so u can guess the style of my play cant ya

rock solid, the one to fear,lol

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
JawZ2002 said:
hmm well ppl call me

vinny as in vinny jones............so u can guess the style of my play cant ya

rock solid, the one to fear,lol
will you be attempting to act after your footballing career is over then, starring in films which include the gorgeous angleina jolie?:D

·
Registered
221 Posts
i sometimes step on peoples toes. its not much but it kills like a ***** for the first 120 seconds

1 - 20 of 21 Posts