1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:howler:

to play as a right winger I take?

(it's confirmed in the media here)

and there was he saying that now was too early to move back to Feyenoord as he wanted to still try it out in one of the big leagues.

Guess we can cross him off the list.

Don't want him at Feyenoord when he's 35.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Yeah pretty much confirmed. Gives us much more options now as our right midfielder can also fill in at centre mid so we don't have to worry about our winger position and offers more depth.

How is he? Never really seen him play.

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How is he? Never really seen him play.
He looks funny when playing. The Dutch Paul Dickov. Limited skill but works his socks off.

Did provide an assist for Klaas Jan Huntelaar in that friendly against England at Wembley with a decent cross, although 50% of the goal was down to Smalling doing nothing.

Thankfully he won't be starting for Holland in Euro 2012. Afellay who's finally fit and Robben down the wings :proud: enough destructive play with de Jong and Van Bommel behind.

·
*the drum drum*
42,489 Posts
If we had Emre in midfield I would actually like this, but I feel that if we try to line up with something like two Mehmet's in midfield (Topuz & Topal) for example, then we sacrifice too much creativity.

But then the problem becomes that unless we replace Yobo or Ziegler with a Turk, we won't have a creative midfielder since we can't sign Nuri or Selcuk Inan.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Fair enough. Decent transfer then. He'll probably be replaced in 2 years though since he's quite old. I'm extremely happy our transfers are getting wrapped up early.

Oh and guys yeah it's 99% official since our board members have confirmed it.

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Telegraaf: he will sign today in Amsterdam before the squad jets off to Krakow tomorrow

·
*the drum drum*
42,489 Posts
Just announced on the official website, 3 year deal.

Welcome to Istanbul.

Not happy about the 3 year contract because if he's a bust, he could prove hard to get rid of since this is his last pay day. Otherwise this isn't a bad signing and I look forward to see how the rest of the squad shapes up.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
Hopefully he scores some vital goals for us just like he did at LP.

·
Registered
58,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not happy about the 3 year contract because if he's a bust,
Feyenoord offered him a 10 year contract :D

although obviously with a 1m a year contract as a player and the rest as trainer

if he's a bust, we'll no doubt come looking to get him on loan :rollani:

·
Registered
439 Posts
I think we should have not singed him and gave a chance for a young promising star to play at that position who ever it maybe. I so hate this. Not the player but the way Turkish League works. They would rather give a 31 year old a chance to play who is now a has been then let a young talented and full of potential player to take the pitch. Fener will never be like Man U or Barca because of these retarded moves. He is a good player but we have so much more potential in our youth. Frustrating. I hope at least Salih Ucan gets a chance to play in midfield since he is AM/CM. HE BETTER!

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
GOod transfer IMO but he's being paid a little too much for being 32. But I think him on the wing will be a good addition. I can see him giving us that spark that Emre used to give us or Lugano did.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 - 20 of 104 Posts