Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Liverpool's Senegal forward El Hadji Diouf has been banned for three international matches following incidents in the African Nations Cup quarter-final with Tunisia.

Diouf was banned at a meeting of the CAN organising committee today which was chaired by CAF president Issa Hayatou.

'After reviewing the video footage of Senegal/Tunisia match, the committee identified various incidents which took place during the match,' read a statement posted on the CAF website.

'Senegales player number 11 Diouf El Hadji is suspended for three matches for cases of violent conduct during the match between Tunisia and Senegal. The suspension will take effect from African Nations Cup/World Cup 2006 qualifier.'

The incidents occurred during the quarter-final match won 1-0 by Tunisia.
-----------------------

Of cos to us Liverpool fans what happens in Africa doesn't really affect us unless the Liverpool fan is also a fan of African football or Senegal. And missing those internationals would only mean that he gets more times and games with us.

So El Hadji Diouf has shown himself to have quite a temper and gets an obscene amount of yellows as a striker. Plus he was involved in the spitting incident with the Celtic Fan last season.

It is just youthful excesses or is he a ticking time bomb for our club?

D

·
0 Posts
if he plays like he did for the first 3 months of this season it's great news.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
if he plays like he did for the first 3 months of this season it's great news.
Le Tallec is different class to Diouf. If Diouf manages to get in the team ahead of him then I'd be very happy.

D

·
0 Posts
doesn't matter which of them plays, both are better than any RW currently at Manure

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
doesn't matter which of them plays, both are better than any RW currently at Manure
Don't think many people would agree their. Even your own fans. Diouf is a laibility. I'd have Solskjaer over him, and Ronaldo will eventually become a distance better than him.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
King of the Kop said:
Diouf-Crap player, Crap man.Cheater, whingher, diver, dirty and...Cack.
absolutely!

but what's even more important he's not the kind of player we need on the right. Love him or hate him (Diuf), but if you saw LeTallek, he's much more like what's needed on that part of the field. I'm not saying Letal is the next Platini but from very little that I saw of him, playing Diuf instead would be like playing shorthanded. Diouf has no brain to operate in that capacity. Gh had no frikkin' idea why he brought him here.

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Diouf just needs to keep his head down and focus on playing football. He will be with us for almost 2 year and so far I have seen minimal improvement from him since his time in the French league.

Yes he plays better now then when he first come and so a lot of us treats it as an improvement but he is nowhere near what he is capable of doing.

The main fault (apart from his tendency to misbehave) is his inability to learn and to adapt. He is still trying to beat 3 defenders and in consequence send in a poor cross when a first time cross or pass would be more practical. Not that he cannot be creative and have the freedom to create but great players knows how to use their skills. Pires and Duff for example.

Even Ronaldo is doing a few stepover less per match and is showing visible signs of adapting to the pace and rigour of the EPL.

If I am the manager I will order 2 extra hours per day of crossing and shooting practice for Diouf.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
zico said:
absolutely!

but what's even more important he's not the kind of player we need on the right. Love him or hate him (Diuf), but if you saw LeTallek, he's much more like what's needed on that part of the field. I'm not saying Letal is the next Platini but from very little that I saw of him, playing Diuf instead would be like playing shorthanded. Diouf has no brain to operate in that capacity. Gh had no frikkin' idea why he brought him here.
I actually agree with most of that. I like Diouf, but Le Tallec is performing well and I'd leave him in the side ahead of both Diouf and Murphy.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I love the senegal N.T but the Guy's A w***** I'm sorry but
No.1 He always dives
No.2 He's always complaining
No.3 He never scores

·
Registered
394 Posts
not too sure of my information but didnt you get diouf after you let Anelka go. (sorry if this has been repeated before).

As Anelka is proving and as everyone knew at the time he is class He is better and PROVEN than any of your other strikers (apart from Owen). I can never understand why you didnt keep him.

Why o why do you buy a nobody from a french league (£10m?) and get rid of a World cup winner, champions league winner (i think), premiership winner, la liga winner etc. and who is still young.

Houllier has done some strange buys seeing as that he has had money to buy and Liverpool is the most succesful club in the premiership, so it's not like you couldn't attract other big name players anyway.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
When's the last time you were able to boast about a Diouf cross/assist; similar to Le Tallec's cross for Gerrard's winner two weeks ago?

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Owenization-NRG said:
when was the last time there was good reason to boast?
dunno - its your team; you decide, however Doc Rule was adament that Le Tallec's cross was better than Ronaldo's cross that led to the winner for Man U against us.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts