Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dion Dublin is in line for a place in the starting line up for Sunday’s FA Cup semi-final against Bolton Wanderers after a remarkable recovery from a broken bone in his neck.
The £5.75 million striker had been injured in a collision with Sheffield Wednesday’s Gerald Sibon in late December and there were fears that he might never play again. But after making a ten minute substitute appearance in last Saturday’s 2-0 win over Derby, doctors gave the striker the all clear.

Villa physio Jim Walker said: “Following Saturday’s game Dion saw the surgeon for a re-assessment of his condition. He has had regular appointments while he has been recovering, but has now been given the all-clear and has been told that he does not have to go back again.

“We owe a lot to the skill of the surgeon because it was a very serious injury, and Dion is obviously very relieved.”

Manager John Gregory had intended to give the striker a test with a reserves match to determine his readiness but this has been decided to be unnecessary after the doctor had given Dublin the green light to play.

Nice to see Dion back...now JG might get rid of the useless Joachim! But actually with JG's track record he'll kick Carbone out!
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top