Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was really anxious to see DP in action the other day and i got to say i was kind of disappointed that he didn't start. I have got nothing against Totti and Fiore but i think DP deserves a chance if Inzaghi does:). And as a Juve fan, i raise my hand and admit that Inzaghi didn't play well against Belgium. But since everyone is criticising Italy of playing 'boring' football, i think Zoff should start fielding a more audacious midfield and attack which i think should be:
piero---montella/delvecchio/inzaghi
totti
maldini-fiore-conte-zambrotta

Everybody wants DP and Totti to play so i guess this is the only way that it will be fair to both of them. Is Zoff out of his mind or what?? If he wants creative, what more can he ask for other than field all 3 DP, Totti and Fiore?? This is going to be lethal and with Italy's defence which i have never had any doubts whatsoever before, Italy will surely have a shot at the championship. I would REALLY REALLY like to know why on earth Zoff doesn't want to field both DP and Totti together.

My full support and praise for Italy's defence which has been SUPERB:):) I just love seeing Nesta and Cannavaro play together and i bet people will love seeing Totti and DP pair-up:)

And don't u guys think juve should go and do some shopping in Portugal?? Joao Pinto, Sa Pinto and Nuno Gomes can be real world-class-star-players. Juve should go and ask for Nuno Gomes in particular since he's young and good and maybe can come quite cheap:):)

THE GRAND OLD LADY WILL BE BACK..........

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hi there!

that's too offensive a line-up. the 2nd line of defence in the midfield will be non-existent. however great the last line of cannavaro, nesta et al are, it'll take a miracle in not conceding any. also, while its all very well if the ball's in the opponent's third of the field in italy's possesion, once the initiative is lost ... well ...

italy has a tradition of being mindful about defence. in fact, i think they'll rather concede one goal less than score another more. every italian coach has that weight of tradition upon him apart from being brought up in that culture as well. moreover, the most impt thing to keep your job nowadays is not to lose ... you're guaranteed at least one point if you achieve that. that will hopefully buy time for improvement. lastly, the italian players take to defending as naturally as a duck takes to water!! its as impt to them as attack is to brazil. hence, its not solely the problem of the coach. just some thoughts.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I think everyone is realising Yaun's line up, Glen myself and many more. Except Zoff of course, he seems to think that Albertini is actually doing a good job. If we play Portugal, they have Rui Costa and Figo in the midfield. This calls for the top players like Fiore and Conte to play on them. I can't see Albertini winning out on Rui Costa or Figo. Maybe no play on earth can stop those two but at least Fiore and will do more than Albertini. Every coach we have seems to stuff up our tournament. Vicini put Vialli and left Baggio on bench in the '90' WC, Vialli was a gun but Baggio was the man. Sacchi with Baggio, Zola and Signori in '94' WC. Sacchi with Del Piero in '96', should have played more. Maldini not playing Baggio and Del Piero together in '98' WC, we would have won it for sure. Now Zoff, Del Piero on bench. It's all politics, I am sick of it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, i guess DP will get to play against sweeden after all, huh? But how degrading, it is as though DP is used as a second choice player to back up the first choice and give them a rest. Anyway, i just hope that DP will have a good game and i sure want him to score!!:)

And yah, Albertini sucks so much that he shouldn't even be considered for the Italy under-21!! Someone should really take his place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts