Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Portuguese international Dimas Manuel Teixeira has been linked with a summer move to FC Porto. The Dimas rumors started a few weeks ago after the rumor of Esquerdinha being transferred to Olympiakos in the close-season. Dimas has been often mentioned as a replacement for the diminutive left back. Currently Dimas is a favorite of Portuguese national coach Humberto Coelho. Dimas has started the vast majority of recent national teams matches. Dimas started the Euro2000 qualifying campaign as a regular on Juventus before moving to Fenerbahce in Turkey. Following an unsuccessful spell in Turkey, Dimas made a low-profile transfer to Standard Liege in Belgium. Dimas would be the second player at Liege that has attracted the interest of Porto. Mornar would be the first. Dimas has already played for FC Porto. In the 1989-90 season Dimas was called upon by then Porto coach Artur Jorge to try out for the club. He made the club but was loaned out to Academica and later played for Porto's main rivals Benfica. 

------------------
Forca Jardel!
Forca Porto!
Forca Portugal!

Courtesy of FC Porto Online http://portista.socceralliance.com

[This message has been edited by Marcoa (edited 07-04-2000).]

J

·
0 Posts
I have nothing against Dimas think he is an excellent player etc. But has the same problem as Esquerdinha he goes up 2 much and can leave the Defence a little stranded at times.He should never have left Portugal in my opinion but anyway.
I never knew that he Played 4 Porto thanks Marco!

------------------
VIVA O PORTO
VIVA O JARDEL
VIVA O DECO
VIVA O BAIA
VIVA O P.D.C.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts