Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DIFFERENT FORTUNES By Hasan Afroz

So Juventus finished off a season as 'somewhat' deserved victors. As an AC Milan supporter I have never been too fond of Juventus so I was fairly horrified when they won.

One thing I did know at the bottom of my heart was that Inter Milan would not win the Scudetto. Their team was basically what I refer to as "a good Vieri season". They have no organization or tactical supremacy on the field. Do not get me wrong, I think Hector Cuper did a tremendous job in carving out an adequate team, but they never had the look of champions.

That brings us to the 'somewhat' tag I had given Juve in the previous paragraph. Juventus did have good fortune on their side: the own goals of Bologna and Milan and of course the complete breakdown of Inter Milan on the last day of the season. The Old Lady played better than Inter throughout the season, but I think the deserved winners should have been Roma. They are the strongest team in Serie A and will continue to dominate for many seasons to come. That one bad game against Venezia really hurt them and of course they did not have that 'Old Lady luck' of Juventus. I think Totti being injured for the last few games really hurt Roma.

Now to my AC Milan. If we get Cannavaro, which is looking likely, and continue to maintain the form of recent games then next year could be our year. AC Milan really turned it up a notch at the end to grab that last Champions League spot. The Rossoneri will be back with a vengeance next season! But of course there is that injury factor. The bottom line is that if good fortunes are not smiling on Milan then we are going to see a lot of 'somewhat' deserved victors.

Italian-soccer.com

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
soccer addict said:
DIFFERENT FORTUNES By Hasan Afroz

One thing I did know at the bottom of my heart was that Inter Milan would not win the Scudetto. Their team was basically what I refer to as "a good Vieri season". They have no organization or tactical supremacy on the field. Do not get me wrong, I think Hector Cuper did a tremendous job in carving out an adequate team, but they never had the look of champions.

Italian-soccer.com

:howler::dielaugh::D:tongue::howler:

"A good Vieri season". That made me laugh like few other statements have...:howler::tongue::howler::dielaugh::D:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts