Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
The best thing about last night, imo, was the defence. Very strong when Newcastle put it under pressure and Finnan and Carragher were also getting forward. And with the old 'Triple H' reunited we never looked like conceding apart from the unstoppable wonder goal from Robert of course. Like I've said, if we can keep this XI fit for the next couple of months or two we'll see a marked improvement, guaranteed. :) Biscan, Traore, Murphy and Smicer are just not in the same calibre as the four you mentioned.

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
And your point being?

My take is with those players out we will be weaker no doubt. I can accept being slightly behind the leaders for the period when those players are out at around the distance Chelsea are now.

But that is no excuse for our team (with more then 10 million pounds worth of replacements, 20 mil if you include Heskey, 26 if you include Kirkland) to constantly struggle against the likes of Svensson, Ledley King and Kenny Miller and be miles from the top 3 and be nearer to the relegation spot then the top 3. We have those players out, have a few established internationals from 'strong countries' as replacements and two of the most promising youth in the world and we are at the level of Saints or Birmingham?

This doesn't give Houllier the excuse to make crappy decisions and this certainly doesn't give Houllier the excuse to be tactically confused.

Yes I believe we will get stronger when those players are back but I do not believe we will make much ground on the top 3, we will at best cement the 4th place since Charlton has some very difficult matches coming up. Its between us and NUFC.

·
International
1,878 Posts
in the starting line-up together for only the second time...
Claudioranierithesis - A disease which strikes football managers by giving them the sudden urge to play his first XI by pulling out players' name from a hat. Chronic sufferers include Claudio Ranieri and Gerard Houllier.

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Injuries or no injuries, Houllier has yet to stick with the same lineup for more then 2 occasions over the past few seasons before this season.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
MINDSCAPE said:
And your point being?

My take is with those players out we will be weaker no doubt. I can accept being slightly behind the leaders for the period when those players are out at around the distance Chelsea are now.

But that is no excuse for our team (with more then 10 million pounds worth of replacements, 20 mil if you include Heskey, 26 if you include Kirkland) to constantly struggle against the likes of Svensson, Ledley King and Kenny Miller and be miles from the top 3 and be nearer to the relegation spot then the top 3. We have those players out, have a few established internationals from 'strong countries' as replacements and two of the most promising youth in the world and we are at the level of Saints or Birmingham?

This doesn't give Houllier the excuse to make crappy decisions and this certainly doesn't give Houllier the excuse to be tactically confused.

Yes I believe we will get stronger when those players are back but I do not believe we will make much ground on the top 3, we will at best cement the 4th place since Charlton has some very difficult matches coming up. Its between us and NUFC.
There's nothing left to write after that.And Razor why didnt you just put it in the match thread.Houllier cold be manangin Real Madrid and he'd still manage to play shite and talk crap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts