Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a lot of talk recently claiming that Diego agreed with Bayern while there are also reports claiming that it is a done deal with Juve. Could Frank update us on what is reliable and what is not?

I'd like to see Diego at Bayern.

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
It is not the only reason, just for the record. Ribery and Diego works well together. And another addition could be van der Vaart from Madrid... ;)

But we don't want the Juve fans to get too jealous.

I have no idea Kal, what you wrote is what we all know. The manager of Diego says he signed with Juve, the father of Diego on tuesday met up with Bayern management. Whatever that means, we will only find out later I guess...

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
It is not the only reason, just for the record. Ribery and Diego works well together. And another addition could be van der Vaart from Madrid...
What if Madrid offered Robben + VDV for Ribery? I think it is pretty reasonable considering the current situations.

How would you guys like that one?

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Anyhow, on the Diego rummors, BILD said that Bayern signed both Diego and Van Gaal. Let's wait and see what happens.

I'd love to see Ribery and Diego together at Bayern. The question is, why give a contract extention to Van Bommel then? The logical midfield line-up would be:

Tymo - Schweinsteiger, Ribery - Diego

So why keeping Van Bommel?

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
vdv + Robben are not worth Ribery when you might get a 70 million offer from Manchester instead.

The 70m offer of course would have to be taken without even hesitation if it really comes.

·
Administrator
53,562 Posts
Bayern leave Diego to Juve
Wednesday 13 May, 2009
Werder Bremen star Diego is on the brink of officially joining Juventus as Bayern Munich have retracted their interest.

The Bianconeri have been edging towards a deal for the last few weeks and President Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has provided confirmation.

However, there were suggestions in the media that Bayern Munich were still lurking.

But reports today state that Bayern have contacted Juve to let the Turin side know they have withdrawn their interest in Diego.

“I would like to make it clear that I am Diego's official agent,” the player's father Djair da Cunha explained.

“There is nothing true in the latest reports. There are just a few details missing and the deal should be completed in three or four days.”

It is widely believed that Juve will pay between £15m and £20m for Diego.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Let's just wait and see what happens.

I just saw in www.as.com, that Ribery confirmed that he will accept Real Madrid's offer by Florentino Perez. I'd like to know if that offer is van der Vaart + Robben for him.

If those three come (Robben, Van der Vaart and Diego/Hleb) then I suppose that we can forget about Ribéry without any major complications.

On the plus side, apparently Milan want to exchange Yoann Gourcuff for Luca Toni! :D I only hope this can come true and Bayern will sell Toni and with that money buy Super Mario.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
VDV might accept a move back to Germany as he's sucked ass in La Liga, but I don't see why Robben would go. He's happy in Madrid and has said he wants to be here next year, he's our most dangerous offensive player and starts every game possible, and finally, I don't see how he would accept a transfer to Germany. No offense, but Arjen would likely only play in the big 3 leagues.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
It appears you will lose Ribery and not get Diego after all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts