1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Good Transfer, 3.5m is an okay fee salary, given the fact he can be classified as a higher status of 'yildiz' :wee:

·
Registered
516 Posts
The comparison will always be made.

He was one of my favourite players a few years ago. I can't see him underachieving in Turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Галатас&
5,898 Posts
Free agent and 3,5 million a year is reasonable. On paper this is a great transfer, let's see if it will translate onto the pitch.

Hayirli olsun.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
I wonder if he'll slot right in to our current tactic or if Ersun Yanal will have to do something different.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Probably premature but so far whatever Ersun did with the lineup to accommodate him has failed as our past few matches has shown. So I'm curious to see how this pans out as I believe this was not the player Ersun wanted in the lineup(hence Aziz said we almost had him years ago). Also hope we don't go back to the shitty #10 playmaking formation as last year we did pretty well with our 4-3-3.

·
MVP
8,980 Posts
Diego, based on experience, needs players to understand him to form some chemistry.

He can be brilliant in one game with a goal+assist and causing all sorts of trouble, while being mediocre in other games more often than not.

Let's face it, his form continued like that after Juventus with both Wolfsburg and Atletico. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but when you're a top 2/championship aspiring team in Serie A you cannot afford to have an inconsistent AMC type of player who is critical in a 4-3-1-2 (433 formation).

In Wolfsburg he was accepted (especially after Felix Magath left) - because they were not a championship aspiring team.

In Atleti he was sort of an impact player, while starting against the weaker/midtable sides. Simeone opted to use him only when necessary, and at times he delivered (remember *that* goal in the Nou Camp!).

I think Fener is a good move for him, and judging from his Facebook page he seems to be having the time of his life in Turkey :D (then again, I've followed his FB for 3 years, and he always seems to be having the time of his life wherever he goes! :) )

I'm a big fan of Diego Ribas, I think he has amazing skills. I find it disappointing however, that he could've achieved bigger things for both club and country.

I hope he does well for you lot, and will definitely be tuning in to Fener matches to watch him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts