Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Neither, to be honest.
If it was one or the other, Diego. But I am not sure we have the pieces for him to be the right choice. Cassano I don't want because he is an idiot and because we have Giovinco for exactly the same role. And no, you cannot have two players that alike in terms of function, strengths and weaknesses.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
not cassano, he will **** up here also

cassano needs a ****ed up team that will accept how ****ed up he because they are no better, that leaves only inter....

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Neither, to be honest.
If it was one or the other, Diego. But I am not sure we have the pieces for him to be the right choice. Cassano I don't want because he is an idiot and because we have Giovinco for exactly the same role. And no, you cannot have two players that alike in terms of function, strengths and weaknesses.
what pieces would make diego the right choice?

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
it's very simple. cassano without question.

·
Registered
46,338 Posts
because we have Giovinco for exactly the same role. And no, you cannot have two players that alike in terms of function, strengths and weaknesses.
Giovinco and Cassano are hardly similar. Yes, they can't play together, but Cassano is definitely the better, there is not even comparison between the two.
Probably you are overrating Giovinco. I'm ready to bet that Giovinco will join a minor club (maybe Sampdoria?) as soon as it will be clear that he can't be Juventus material.
Anyway, surely the problem of Cassano is not Giovinco. He simply cannot join Juventus until Del Piero is around. This is the reason why I believe that he will stay with us for one more season, unless Inter get him.

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
Lol

Overclass starts a useless thread. Six hours later he decides it should be closed when people start bashing Cassano. How funny is this guy.:howler:

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol

Overclass starts a useless thread. Six hours later he decides it should be closed when people start bashing Cassano. How funny is this guy.:howler:
Because of this Juventus fans know Cassano as madrid player:howler: no need more discuss

**** AU:pp

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Because of this Juventus fans know Cassano as madrid player:howler: no need more discuss

**** AU:pp
Then support your pizza faced idol elsewhere. What can we say :confused: ?

Giovinco shows all the marks of a player who can be great. So there's no use in spending lots of money to get someone who - yes - is better now, but also has lots of questionmarks on him as regards ability to hack it in a pressure environment, not to mention his mental immaturity.

That's really the basics of it.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Lets wait for the summer, if giovinco continues to impress, maybe we wont need either.

However, i dont see why cassano and giovinco couldnt play in the same team.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Lets wait for the summer, if giovinco continues to impress, maybe we wont need either.

However, i dont see why cassano and giovinco couldnt play in the same team.
you still need Diego.

a team like Juventus in the situation they are in cannot afford to pass up on Diego if they have the chance, especially because your direct rivals require a player like Diego as well, and if you reject him, he most likely will go to them (if you are to believe the Italian media's recent reports of Mourinho wanting Diego).

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
you still need Diego.

a team like Juventus in the situation they are in cannot afford to pass up on Diego if they have the chance, especially because your direct rivals require a player like Diego as well, and if you reject him, he most likely will go to them (if you are to believe the Italian media's recent reports of Mourinho wanting Diego).
Part of what made Juve great before is that we don't operate like that. At least we didn't use to. We don't buy players because rivals want them, but because we need them and they fit out plans.

Diego plays the position Giovinco wants for the future. But its also a position Ranieri doesn't have any kind of history liking much. Aimar at Valencia being one guy thrown under the bus.

If we had another coach who had a record of having a plan based on utilizing a playmaker, I would be much more keen on Diego, who is indeed a spectacular player.

Right now, I don't see how you can play two strikers, Diego and Giovinco in a Ranieri team. With Diego and Sisokko in central midfield seems the only way, and that seems kinda dodgy defensively. Could also be spectacular, but from what I've seen of Diego he needs more support behind him than that.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
In the context of Juve's tactics, Elano would be more useful than Diego.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I would take Cassano as he is a rarer gem eventhough i value a midfilder more than a forward in general. However when Giovinco is put in the equation, i would much rather go with a Diego, although i have stated before that Giovinco in my eyes resembels Zizou and can very much play that role as well.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts