Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Big Hello to all the regulars in this forum!

Can you please give me some info on a Diego Lugano, defensa de 24 años. It is my understading thst Real Madrid might be very close to him, also muted as a replacement for Montero at Juve.

Positions, can he play full back and centre half?
European passport?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
He is a center back, but he used to play right full back..
He is more effective at center back because of his size, he is agressive and never gives up on the ball, always tries to come out playing, and lately he's been playing great for the NT..
Take a look at him on Tuesday against Peru he will play a big role becuase Montero will be out..

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
He has been a blessing to our Nt this year,

Last San Paulo coach didn't like him 7 he never played. This year the new coach gave him a starting position, and he was named too the Brasilian league best 11 team.

·
Registered
322 Posts
he also got Man of the match against palmerias in the copa

·
Registered
322 Posts
he played awsome, tough but not dirty, really reliable

·
Registered
742 Posts
I think he was choosen in a brazilian dream team. It seems he has very good defense skills

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Better then Militio?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, I am a newbie :)

My team's name has been started to link with him too. I guess our board is thinking to replace him with our Brazilian defender Fabio Luciano. It seems he is a solid defender but how is his playmaking from rear? It is hard to say that the rest of our defenders have skills about that. Is he a sweeper or DC? I heard that he used to play with 3-4-1-2 at Sao Paolo but we play 4-3-1-2. How is the formation at Uruguay NT?

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
He'll sign a contract at his new club next Sunday. He won't reveal the club's name but apparently it's going to be either Lazio or Ajax with the first having the biggest chance.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Seems like the Diego Lugano summer transfer comedy has come to its end: Both Fenerbahce's and Lugano's sites have officially announced that he signed a four year contract and thus returns to Istanbul!

Would have liked to see him in Serie A, but it looks like he like many others (including me) overestimated the interest the Italian clubs might have in him. I guess those moron clubs won't pay him much attention in the Turkish league as they oviously haven't done before.

Judging by the reactions of several Fenerbahce supporters he still finds a ready welcome and feared by the Turkish rivals. In his situation the best thing he could do!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts