Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be greatly appreciated if some of you would give us your opinion of our allegedly soon-to-be striker?

Either here or in the United forum would do.

Thanks in advance.

:)

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
He is pretty good. He is an all out striker. His positioning and finishing are superb as well as a pretty powerful runner. He is about average with the ball on his feet. But he is there to score goals not to create them.

I am just not sure how much would he play at Man U. Obviously Van Nilsteroy is better and Solskaer is excellent off the bench. With Man U. one man up front system I just don't see that much playing time for him. Hopefully I am wrong, but anyways they are getting a great striker.

:)

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
i dont think this will turn into another Pacheco.

One of the main reaason that inter bought Pacheco is because they sucked last season, and no one is certain who will leave for a better club.

So inter decided to extend recoba's contract, but chino's agent, also Pacheco's agent, will only extend contract if inter bought pacheco as well.

Well, at least that's why the press is telling me.

But i dont see that situation in manchester United, but Manchester sometimes waste their talents, not very frequently, but certainly there are a bunch that were wasted, like blomqvist, cryuff, Solsjkaer *spelling.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I have already posted this in the Inter forum, but I guess I will have to post it again. Much like this Forlan situation Pacheco was persued by many big clubs in Europe like Juventus, Real, Barca, and Bayern Munich.

Recoba did put suggest Pacheco, and maybe the deciding factor was REcoba wanting him on the team, but that had nothing to do with the abilities and talents of the player, so just for a second, stop and think for yourself and forget what the Recoba hating media tells u.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I thought Middlesboro was on the Forlan trail. What happened? I think he'd find much more success and playing time with a team like that than a monster like Man U. Man U don't need him. He'd simply be added depth in the position. Given that Man U often play with one forward (RVN) he would be even farther back. A young guy like Forlan going to Man U would be stupid. Much like Pacheco.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Forlan might be stupid, but he is a rich stupid. Man U. simply offered more money and that's why went there, end of story. If he had any hope of making the Uruguay team for the WC, they are basically gone. So he can just make himself comfortable in that bench right in between Dwight Yorke and Quentin Fortune.:(

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I dont think it was more of a money thing but a respect thing. A couple of months ago I saw an interview with him, and he said he would love to play is Man U because he thought it was the best club in the world.

Well Diego, be careful of what u wish for, because now you might have thrown your career down the drain. I hope he knows what he is doing and maybe see some time at Old Trafford that will win him the respect of Pua.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What are you on about lads??

A few facts for you.

1) WE were in for Forlan first. We offered 6 million pounds, Independiente wanted 6.9 million. Then Boro offered the requested 6.9 million and he was on his way there (he has to leave Argentina anyway because of the terrible financial situation there). When we decided we are ready to match their 6.9 million transfer fee, Forlan immediately chose us over Boro. Why? I think that's quite obvious. Money? perhaps, but let me tell you Boro pay great wages, so I doubt it's about that. AMBITION. That's the thing.

2) United DO NOT play with 1 striker anymore! We play 4-4-2. At the moment, the 2 strikers are Ruud and Solskjaer. Forlan comes in as a replacement for Andy Cole who left for Blackburn. With Dwight Yorke on the transfer list, that leaves Forlan as one of 3 strikers fighting for 2 places. I think that's not bad at all. I'm sure he'll get more than enough time on the pitch, especially if he adapts well to life in England. Maybe he won't be a regular immediately but I'm sure he will be one next season.

3) If he's good enough, he'll make it at United. If he'll make it at United, I can't see him not getting to the Uruguayan squad for the World Cup.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I hope your right Liebero.

And your explanation sounds complete, so it makes me feel more hopeful for Foraln.

Also Forlan has a European passaport so there no problems there.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Fair enough, Roy. I was about to add that if Man U continues playing the 4-4-2 they are playing now, Forlan stands a chance of getting a few games and if he's the real deal, could even unseat Solskjaer. Van Nistelrooy isn't going anywhere.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
Manchester United complete Forlan deal

Manchester United have completed the £6.9million signing of Independiente striker Diego Forlan. The 22-year-old Uruguayan passed a medical at Old Trafford this afternoon and signed a four-year contract. Forlan's arrival takes manager Sir Alex Ferguson's complement of strikers back up to four but could yet hasten the exit of Dwight Yorke, who has been linked with a move to Middlesbrough.

;)

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Alex Ferguson's asked the club for Forlan & siad he could debut in the upcomming game against the Bolton Wanderers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts