Xtratime Community banner

Die Mannschaft humiliated in Korea

523 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Psycho 
#1 ·
:party: :party: :party:

Manuel, lemme hear your excuses flow :shades: :pp :D
Sorry, couldn't resist as a kaaskopf :angel:

Actually seriously, what did happen? I thought Jurgen had got the boys to play better after the 1-1 draw against Brazil. Case of the players just not being interested or is there really a bigger problem?

#2 ·
I wouldn't call this a humiliation, though the defeat was shameful for sure.
The Koreans played very clever. They were standing very tight in their defence and their complete game was laid out for counter attacks. Germany had much more possession of the ball, but we were unable to breach the korean defence because of our typical lack of creativity. Kuranyi, Klose, Lahm, Schneider, Ernst and Ballack all had a bad day, therefore we were unable to score. All korean goals came after counterattacks while the whole german team was up front and pushing forward. The third korean goal was came in the 88'th minute, this may always happen if you're trailing 1:2 at the dying stages of a match...
Nevertheless, the match showed that Klinsmann isn't a magican who can cure the german lack of creativity with some spells - we will always have problems against teams which are defending all the time and only are trying to destroy the game...

#3 · (Edited)
Rothose said:
I wouldn't call this a humiliation,
Well you know us :angel: :pp

All korean goals came after counterattacks while the whole german team was up front and pushing forward we will always have problems against teams which are defending all the time and only are trying to destroy the game...
Sounds like a typical catenacciolike coward tactic using team like Italy ,doesn't it :yuck: :pp

Did Volz play btw? he's seen in England as one of the better right backs. I know defending can be attrocious in the EPL but he's rated there.

#4 ·
I missed this match on sunday morning... just saw the highlights and heard the comments about it later on. Rothose pretty much summed up what I have heard and seen, too.

Nothing dramatic, still a team like Germany shouldn't ever loose to a team like South Korea, thats for sure ;) Our first loss ever vs an Asian team, disgraceful :tongue: (well, if ya dont count the 0-1 in Turkey once ;) )

Ballack missing the equaliser from the spot mins before the 3-1 was probably quite symptomatic for this game.

I still think Klinsmann is doing a very good job so far, but like Rothose mentioned, he aint a magician, and he cannot make a creative midfielder out of nowhere... the ones we have in Germany are either mentally labile like Deisler or too old like Scholl, or simply out of form and not developing like Schweinsteiger (if u can call him a creative midfielder).

Well, unlike our Dutch neighbours, at least we got a central defense :lala: ;)

Volz, Hitzelsberger and Lehmann werent called up for the trip cause of EPL encounters while Huth, who was liberated by Chelski for this match, got injured...

#5 ·
Psycho said:
Well, unlike our Dutch neighbours, at least we got a central defense :lala: ;)
Nah, mark my words, Stam will suddenly come out of retirement before the world cup :pp (if we've qualified)

yeah we do miss him but perhaps Bouhlarouz and Bouma can pair up plus not to forget de Jong is also handy, but yeah non of them are really worldclass.

#6 ·
Rothose said:
teams which are defending all the time and only are trying to destroy the game...
Sounds like a decent description for Die Mannschaft, wouldn't you say Manu?:D

Perhaps you could use some more africans and eastern europeans to spice it up a little. But anyway I just don't hope FIFA helps you guys out of pity like they did with Korea during the last WC.

Ciao!

#7 ·
Drulo said:
Perhaps you could use some more africans and eastern europeans to spice it up a little. But anyway I just don't hope FIFA helps you guys out of pity like they did with Korea during the last WC.

Ciao!
Are u critizising that persons born in Germany with >= 50 % German roots play for the German NT? ;)

One of Yugoslavias biggest star was a Montenegrian and no Serbian (Savicevic ;) ) and if we talk about Holland... beh, let's not start with it ;)

#8 ·
And now let's watch Germany crushing mighty mighty Thailand :tongue:

Anything but a 4-0 and I will be badly disappointed.

#9 ·
haha, comparing Il genio to for instance Asamoah. Classic! :D

And yes I agree, the Surinam born players should have played for their native country since that way the people of Surinam could at least be proud of their NT. Not to mention the positive effect football can have on every day life. But I'm sure Wally will disagree, I am after all the only Dutchie on this forum who doesn't support the NT. ;)

Thailand you say? Now that's more your level IMO. Good luck!

#10 ·
Drulo said:
But I'm sure Wally will disagree, I am after all the only Dutchie on this forum who doesn't support the NT. ;)
nah, you got Prince too ;) nog een verrader :fero: :pp

It's all about the players own feelings imo. The Kovac brothers would have played for Germany while Basturk (probably the only one of these who'd make a realistic shout of getting into the German NT) , Mansiz, Davala would have played for Germany too had they played for the nation of their birth and I'd have had to play for England had I been any good in football :mute: :D

Thailand? :D who's next after that then? the mighty Indonesia :proud: ? :D

#11 ·
I think this Asia tour was a "heritage" of the Völler era... totally useless from a sportive view, especially considering the time, shortly before Xmas.

However maybe it wasnt that bad from a PR view, something that gets more and more important in football (unfortunately).

Oh, Kris, since when do u consider yourself a Dutchie? Thought u were a 100 % badass Serbian Zigeuner :tongue:

Fact is one of your most important players in the last decades was a Montenegrian, no Serbian... live with it ;)

To bring up an even "worse" example, our dear neighbours a bit more to the south of Holland with their African-Allstar selection, mostly born on the black continent.Go to their forum and critizise them or the Italians for calling up this clueless Argie that was rejected by his NT and grabbed the next best oppurtunity to play for another national team, digging up some Italian grandpa or something to get the passport.

Or go to the Portuguese forum and talk about Deco ;) It is not that Germany is very Asamoah dependend, probably exactly the opposite ;) Chance killer he is.

#12 ·
Alright so he's Montenegrin, don't you know that a majority of Montenegrins consider themselves Serbs? Doesn't matter though as Dejo is and was a Red Star legend. Off the pitch however, he's lost the plot. ;)

A nice anecdote for you. Recently he got stopped by the cops on the highway for speeding, when the cop came to Dejo's window, Il genio started cursing at him immediately and asked him if this man knew who he was. Without waiting for an answer Dejo replied, I am God. :D That's from a song our supporters used to sing for the guy, it seems he actually believed it.

PS I love Holland man, legalized weed, where else would you find this! Hell even all of you Krauts keep coming to Holland for it.

PPS, Congrats on beating Thailand, I knew you could do it. ;)

#13 ·
Drulo said:
A nice anecdote for you. Recently he got stopped by the cops on the highway for speeding, when the cop came to Dejo's window, Il genio started cursing at him immediately and asked him if this man knew who he was. Without waiting for an answer Dejo replied, I am God. :D That's from a song our supporters used to sing for the guy, it seems he actually believed it.
Typical balcan footie genius ;) As genial on the pitch, as braindead they are off the pitch :tongue:

But indeed, nice anecdote... :D

Holland aint bad even though legalized psychodellic mushrooms or cannabis aint the reason I like it ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.