Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is the better keeper overall? I never seen Dida play outside of the world cup so I dont no his strenghts and weakness

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dida play for who Milan?

·
Registered
70 Posts
BLAQUEST said:
Who is the better keeper overall? I never seen Dida play outside of the world cup so I dont no his strenghts and weakness
Marcos was Brazil's goalkeeper at World Cup 2002!

Yes,Dida plays for AC Milan.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
The Shev said:
Haven't seen Howard play, but the only keeper I'd choose over Dida is the world's best, Buffon.
My feelings too but Dida is not very far from Buffon...even at times, he's better than Buffon specially when it comes to penalties...;):tongue:

Cheers.:)

FORZA DIDA!!!:proud::star:

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
Dida is one step above Howard.
And I mean a Dida step. ;)

D

·
0 Posts
Dida over Howard at present. Don't think much of either of them. Dida certainly isn't the second best keeper in the world, or anything of the sort. At best he's top 10. In Serie Snore, Toldo and Buffon are better than him. IMO so is Frey. Plus you have Kahn, Dudek, Rustu, Casillas, Cudicini, Canizeres and Hildebrand who are all better than him.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
Dida over Howard at present. Don't think much of either of them. Dida certainly isn't the second best keeper in the world, or anything of the sort. At best he's top 10. In Serie Snore, Toldo and Buffon are better than him. IMO so is Frey. Plus you have Kahn, Dudek, Rustu, Casillas, Cudicini, Canizeres and Hildebrand who are all better than him.
Since your football knowledge is limited i will just laugh at your silly post and move on. Anyone knows that Dida is a top 5 keeper in the world, arguably the best in Serie A last season.

V

·
0 Posts
Both are very good, but I think Dida is a little better. But both are with the top 10 goalkeepers.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
Rustu over Dida , that was funny Doc:D

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
When I have seen Dida play he has impressed me and the same applies to Howard. The American has done really well and looks very assured in goal but Im not sure who Id pick of the 2 as I havent really seen enough of Dida recently to compare.

One thing I would say is that Dida has the likes of Maldini and Nesta in front of them whereas Howard hasnt and also if you compare their first seasons in Europe Howard has performed the better. Dida was unimpressive when he first arrived according the Milan fans here.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Let me tell you Tim Howard is a class keeper, I'd choose him personally. Big potential and has done very very well in his debut season at Man Utd

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I think Howard (who has surprised me greatly) is technically a more sound keeper than Dida. Less error prone.
Dida on the other hand has a max level that's unheard off. Especially because of his lightning reactions on the line. He pulls off saves few keepers can dream of. But he just looks too unortodox for me to trust him completely.

Howard, I think, suits most teams better than Dida, but with those monsters in front of him at Milan, Dida is really only called on for the spectacular stuff when for once Nesta and Maldini are beaten. As a Juve fan... I've seen too much of that succeding over our last 3 meaningfull competitive meetings with Milan.

In short... Howard is safer, and Dida is more spectacular... and I couldn't make a choice :).

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
The Shev said:
I can't remember seeing Dida do something 'unsafe' Glen. Except for that Leeds thing last century.
u mean MILLENIUM!

as glen said

DIDA does what others only dream off, and usually thats when we need em, cause if u get past maldini and nesta u are gonna score a hell of a goal.....

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
Dida's been great the past two seasons. You're being unfair. Dudek?!?

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Glen said:

Howard, I think, suits most teams better than Dida, but with those monsters in front of him at Milan, Dida is really only called on for the spectacular stuff when for once Nesta and Maldini are beaten.
That's not really true, is it? Nesta and Maldini can't stop freekicks, they can't stop well taken corners as they can't mark everyone in the opposing team, they can't defend shots taken from a distance etc etc. There are plenty of solid "easy" saves to be done also for Dida. At least in theory.

D

·
0 Posts
nasty nick said:
Since your football knowledge is limited i will just laugh at your silly post and move on. Anyone knows that Dida is a top 5 keeper in the world, arguably the best in Serie A last season.
Sit back down on your sofa. Having 1 good season doesn't make you a great keeper. He made his name by cheating in a penalty shoot-out, simple as.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts