Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a man in the states is trying to sue his cable Tv company for making him and his Family addicted to cable Tv,He also goes on to state that his wife has gone on to put on 20kg's and his kid's are lazy "Channel surfers".
Also he said when he tried to complain a few years back the Company just ignored him and let the connection to remain,he said he'll settle for around $6,000 compensation or a lifetime Internet access for free.I can't believe the nerve of some people,Put him on Judge Judy PLeaseeeeeeeee.:howler:

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Next thing you know fat folks will be sueing Hershey for getting fat off their chocolate bars. Maybe, in the future, chocolate bars and hamburgers will have to bear big black warning labels saying "eating this food can make you really, really, really fat".

I think I'll also sue the car dealership cause they sold me a car which pollutes the environment therefore being a hazard to my health...

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
i heard that some time ago somebody in toronto sat on the spout of a big water fountain and suffered some internal injuries. he sued the city for not having a sign telling people not to sit on the spout of the water fountain (you apparently had to climb up to get to it and it was in a public park).

he won.

·
1st Tier Poster
48,603 Posts
Schumy said:
I read a man in the states is trying to sue his cable Tv company for making him and his Family addicted to cable Tv,He also goes on to state that his wife has gone on to put on 20kg's and his kid's are lazy "Channel surfers".
This is what makes United States such a great place to live: people who are fat, stupid and lazy can blame big companies in their personal shortcomings and become fat, lazy, stupid and rich.

"It is not my fault I'm an overweight sofa-dweller with mashed potatoes for brain.Blame the TV companies."

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sueing Black and decker for not telling me that I can't put a Sander on my face I thought it would smoothen it.If the law allows these Wanks to win Ludicrous cases then no wonder why we're getting the way we're.
I'm also sueing the local council because when I went to use the Public Toilet it stunk to high heaven and it has really affected me.Next I will sue the local paper because there was nothing but $hit in it and I'm offended.:rolleyes: :tongue:

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Xtratime is seriously affecting my productivity at work. See you in court, whoever pretends to own XT! Overly zealous lawyers urging clients to sue the pants off reputable and (normally) reliable businesses are by-products of liberal justice systems. I suggest that we eliminate public courts and let Her Majesty the Queen prosecute them all in person (instead of merely in name).

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
No, Bastin I think you can't sue XT this time.
You're and FM, and were a CM if I remember correctly....which makes you an accomplice. But if someone else sues XT, you might be found liable :)

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let's all sue each other,Now I heard the latest song by Guy Sebastian and I've never been offended by such Crap now he can explain himself in Court.:tongue:

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Andrija PFC said:
No, Bastin I think you can't sue XT this time.
You're and FM, and were a CM if I remember correctly....which makes you an accomplice. But if someone else sues XT, you might be found liable :)
I'm holding said position against my wishes. You can't prove I'm not!
fangul said:
That's a good thing...that way you might realize your work isn't what defines you. You might also be able to find a life...
All my precious irony, lost on an poor fool like you. The tragedy.

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
Andrija PFC said:
But if someone else sues XT, you might be found liable :)
And whom precisely would they sue? Jan? :tongue:

·
Banned
2,832 Posts
Bastin said:
All my precious irony, lost on an poor fool like you. The tragedy.
Riiiiiiii-diiiiiiiiiiii
Paaa-gliaaa-ciooooooooo
suuuul tuuu-o_aaaa-mo-re_infraaaaantooooo
riiiiii-di del_duooooool..........

Ah! Tonio lo Scemo!!!!!!

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
And whom precisely would they sue? Jan?
If I were to sue anyone, it'd be Anders :tongue: :D

·
Registered
19,837 Posts
Do you know the Stella Awards ??

The Stella Awards were inspired by Stella Liebeck. In 1992, Stella, then 79, spilled a cup of McDonald's coffee onto her lap, burning herself. A New Mexico jury awarded her $2.9 million in damages. Ever since, the name "Stella Award" has been applied to any wild, outrageous, or ridiculous lawsuits .

January 2000: Kathleen Robertson of Austin, Texas, was awarded $780,000 by a jury of her peers after breaking her ankle, tripping over a toddler who was running amuck inside a furniture store. The owners of the store were understandably surprised at the verdict, considering that the misbehaving little fellow was Ms. Robertson's son.

June 1998: 19 year-old Carl Truman of Los Angeles won $74,000 and medical expenses when his neighbor ran over his hand with a Honda Accord. Mr. Truman apparently didn't notice there was someone at the wheel of the car when he was trying to steal his neighbor's hubcaps.

October 1998: Terrence Dickson of Bristol, Pa., was leaving a house he had just finished robbing by way of the garage. He was not able to get the garage door to go up, because the automatic door opener was malfunctioning. He couldn't re-enter the house because the door connecting the house and garage locked when he pulled it shut. The family was on vacation. Mr. Dickson found himself locked in the garage for eight days. He subsisted on a case of Pepsi he found in the garage and a large bag of dry dog food. Mr. Dickson sued the homeowner's insurance claiming the situation caused him undue mental anguish. The jury agreed to the tune of a half million dollars.

October 1999: Jerry Williams of Little Rock Arkansas was awarded $14,500 and medical expenses after being bitten on the buttocks by his next door neighbor's beagle. The dog was on a chain in its owner's fenced-in yard at the time. Mr. Williams was also in the fenced-in yard. The award was less than sought because the jury felt the dog may have been provoked by Mr. Williams who, at the time, was repeatedly shooting it with a pellet gun.

December 1997: A Philadelphia restaurant was ordered to pay Amber Carson of Lancaster, Pa., $113,500 after she slipped on a soft drink and broke her coccyx. The beverage was on the floor because Ms. Carson threw it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument.

December 1997: Kara Walton of Clamont, DE. successfully sued the owner of a night club when she fell from the bathroom window to the floor and knocked out her two front teeth. This occurred while Ms.Walton was trying to sneak through the window in the ladies room to avoid paying the $3.50 cover charge. She was awarded $12,000 and dental expenses

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hersey is not good chocolate, in fact I wouldn't even classify it as chocolate, maybe more like some kind of bi product, kind of like hotdogs. I've been living in US for about 12 years now and it has been great but I'm still suprised as to how people here can eat some of the stuff they sell in stores, one example being the cakes they sell in supermarkets. I just took a whiff of one and that was enough. Cakes are not suppose to smell like medicine or chemicals! There's so much sugar in the food.

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts

·
Banned
2,832 Posts
Anton said:
Hersey is not good chocolate, in fact I wouldn't even classify it as chocolate, maybe more like some kind of bi product, kind of like hotdogs...
You've never had a chicago dog with skin on...can't lump that jewel in the same category as horshit chocolate

1 - 20 of 20 Posts