Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
20,767 Posts
we planned to go to Sicily in October, haven‘t booked any hotels or flights yet, wasn‘t going to reserve anything before july anyway

well, my trip tp Sofia would have been today, that went really not too well :(
Ffs Szov, thought you were going to visit Cro?🤬

That's it...next year, I won't make the side 2 day trip to Budapest. This is now WWE economic war my friend. Your ghoulash tears will taste delicious. 💁‍♂️

·
Registered
20,767 Posts
Cancelled everything except northern Ontario cottage time. No Serbia, Croatia, Honduras, Hawaii this year.

Mostly love how much money I've spent on my daughter's dance competition outfits that she will never use,,,maybe,,,apart from cutting them up as some sort of Halloween costume.
Honduras? Isn't it a little dangerous there with those MS-13 animals...or are they from El Salvador?? Or are you on some kind of resort that's gated?

Love Punta Cana though...but with all those mysterious American and Canadian deaths there in the past...not sure when/if I'll be back.

Though with Euro 2020 now next summer, that could be an option. Watching the boys live....I'd pay nearly anything to watch Cro beat England at Wembley.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Honduras? Isn't it a little dangerous there with those MS-13 animals...or are they from El Salvador?? Or are you on some kind of resort that's gated?

Love Punta Cana though...but with all those mysterious American and Canadian deaths there in the past...not sure when/if I'll be back.

Though with Euro 2020 now next summer, that could be an option. Watching the boys live....I'd pay nearly anything to watch Cro beat England at Wembley.
Show some knowledge and respect of cultures/peoples/histories wherever you go. Honduras, Guatemala, Bucharest, etc. and you should be fine.

Belize is probably the worst in my experience. Mass hate of Chinese people, and "Hindus" aka brown people who aren't Caribbean browns.

I don't know what is MS-13 but the jack and tarpon fishing is great. My kids absolutely love the conch we get down in Roatan.

Also, won't go to places like Punta Cana,,,that's like going to Tim Hortons.

·
Registered
20,767 Posts
Show some knowledge and respect of cultures/peoples/histories wherever you go. Honduras, Guatemala, Bucharest, etc. and you should be fine.

Belize is probably the worst in my experience. Mass hate of Chinese people, and "Hindus" aka brown people who aren't Caribbean browns.

I don't know what is MS-13 but the jack and tarpon fishing is great. My kids absolutely love the conch we get down in Roatan.

Also, won't go to places like Punta Cana,,,that's like going to Tim Hortons.
We've been hit hard. Tims is only open for drive through. And after one of my "colleagues" at one of the Brampton locations 😬 , tested positive the other day, people don't want to even go drive through.

I am down to one shift. Sunday night. I make a batch of Boston Cremes, some Honey Crullers and a few Chocolate Dips and that's it. Demand is WAY down. The cheap dicks in management won't give us sick time so am going to the Ministry of Labour. A cousin of mine is a lawyer and he said he'd take my case for a case of Karlovacko and a tray of Cevaps from Bosnian Specialties in Stoney Creek so I am all in. Thank God the LCBO is still open.

·
Registered
13,276 Posts
we planned to go to Sicily in October, haven‘t booked any hotels or flights yet, wasn‘t going to reserve anything before july anyway

Sicilia was my second home for a while....let me know if you want any tips.

·
Registered
55,889 Posts
Ffs Szov, thought you were going to visit Cro?🤬

That's it...next year, I won't make the side 2 day trip to Budapest. This is now WWE economic war my friend. Your ghoulash tears will taste delicious. 💁‍♂️
simmer off, Chuck, I never said I‘d go to Croatia. it‘s actually a miracle we weren‘t going to Portugal or any of its former colonies this time. wanted to show the little man the mighty Siracusa and the greek and more ancient history on that magical island.

·
Registered
55,889 Posts
Sicilia was my second home for a while....let me know if you want any tips.
oh thank you. been there as a kid with my parents 3 times. never again for 37 years now. want to revisit some places we saw back then, my old man was a huge grecophile. but also go for the baroque towns we didn‘t visit. Noto area would be our base camp, preferably on some 1700s agriturismo. south, central and southeast would be the focus.

·
Registered
13,276 Posts
oh thank you. been there as a kid with my parents 3 times. never again for 37 years now. want to revisit some places we saw back then, my old man was a huge grecophile. but also go for the baroque towns we didn‘t visit. Noto area would be our base camp, preferably on some 1700s agriturismo. south, central and southeast would be the focus.
Grecophile....than you most likely did Agrigento. Awesome place. I've never been to Greece but walking around Agrigento feels like I have. If you are going to be in Noto, my guess is you'll fly into Catania. If you do, do yourself a favor and take a trip up to Mt. Etna (If it isn't erupting :D). Take warm clothes because it gets COLD up there. You can drive up to the base but if you want to get near the peak you'll have to either walk (don't do it...) or pay the $50 to have them take you up there. We used to stay in Caltagirone which is known for its ceramics. There is a long staircase in the middle of the old section of town with ceramic shops all up and down it. It's a good workout lol. Closer to where you will be there is Gela which is a seaside town with good seafood. Taormina is a very touristy town but it does have some nice Roman ampitheaters to walk around. Be ready for the $5 coke cans lol.

·
Registered
55,889 Posts
Grecophile....than you most likely did Agrigento. Awesome place. I've never been to Greece but walking around Agrigento feels like I have. If you are going to be in Noto, my guess is you'll fly into Catania. If you do, do yourself a favor and take a trip up to Mt. Etna (If it isn't erupting :D). Take warm clothes because it gets COLD up there. You can drive up to the base but if you want to get near the peak you'll have to either walk (don't do it...) or pay the $50 to have them take you up there. We used to stay in Caltagirone which is known for its ceramics. There is a long staircase in the middle of the old section of town with ceramic shops all up and down it. It's a good workout lol. Closer to where you will be there is Gela which is a seaside town with good seafood. Taormina is a very touristy town but it does have some nice Roman ampitheaters to walk around. Be ready for the $5 coke cans lol.
of course we did Agrigento and we‘ll do it this time too. plan‘s to hit the temples at 8:30 when they open, to avoid the bus crowds. Taormina, did that too, will avoid this time. was already touristy back in 1981, won‘t even try to imagine how it is now. as for Etna, been up there up to 2,900 meters I think, this time due to crowds and rip-offs plan is rather to go to Bronte, hike at the west flank around some smaller craters on about 1,400-1,500 meters altitude and shop big on pistacchio on the way back :)

Siracusa, Modica, Noto, Ragusa, Caltagirone, Bronte, Agrigento, Licata, Pantálica, Vendicari, Piazza Armerina, that‘s the to-do-list

Syracuse feels more like Greece than Agrigento imho. even without the temples. but on the old island part, you can feel the thousands of years of history on every cobblestone.

oh yeah, and the food, nuff said :lick: no need to go to Greece or Croatia when you think about the food in comparison. Sicilia ❤

·
Registered
13,276 Posts
PIazza Armerina....I forgot about that place. We were on the way to the see the mosaics when I made a wrong turn which ended up being a one way street lol....This dude gave me this sign in Italian :D

·
Registered
43,694 Posts
Damn... how long did you wait for that one lol?
Came in and saw that and was like

Jackpot! Couldn't believe dude was throwing up the sweetest alley-oops in his own zone like that.

·
Registered
43,694 Posts
Thanks for ruining my victory lap. An opportunity like this comes along once in a lifetime and you have to shut it down.

You'd be a great short seller if you aren't one already. @TTM

·
inbred amoeba
3,438 Posts

Oh, I somehow missed that. I hope Bulgo Air returned your money at least. Otherwise, you dont have to worry, I am sure the reservations plate is still on our table in the CSSR club. Just stay safe... until whatever time this game is going to happen.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts