Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I booked another apartment in Brac, Croatia. We would go there at the end of July.

Should we cancel or should we not? Please advise.

Also, how is the virus climate doing in southern Croatia?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
My wife and I booked another apartment in Brac, Croatia. We would go there at the end of July.

Should we cancel or should we not? Please advise.

Also, how is the virus climate doing in southern Croatia?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
The whole of Split-Dalmatia county has 7 corona cases (no deaths) with no new ones reported for 2-3 days.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69,082 Posts
My grandmother from the Zadar area says tourists are still coming, not in droves of course but they are mostly from Germany

I was planning on going to Croatia this summer too but not going to happen now, usually the tickets would be booked by now. Definitely still going to go somewhere within the US though

·
Registered
43,816 Posts
My grandmother from the Zadar area says tourists are still coming, not in droves of course but they are mostly from Germany

I was planning on going to Croatia this summer too but not going to happen now, usually the tickets would be booked by now. Definitely still going to go somewhere within the US though
Don't do it. Stay home. This is the one time no one will make fun of you for staying in the basement.

·
Registered
65,217 Posts
I might for to Vegas for a few days still if shit clears up.

btw Croats, if it true that Polish and German tourists are cheap fvcks and Russians spend like crazy?

·
Registered
20,842 Posts

btw Croats, if it true that Polish and German tourists are cheap fvcks and Russians spend like crazy?
Id say the Czechs, Slovaks and Slovenes are the cheapest. Ffs, bringing their own tomatoes and stuff like that to save a few Euros. If you are on vacation, live a little you cheap p.hucks.

The Ruskies I ran into in Punta Cana and Huatulco splash their cash around. But racist they way they look down and treat the staff. lol And sun burned as hell. Ffs, do some pre tanning before you go to these super sunny/hot locations. And drop the sandals and knee high socks look...you have money, you aren't scavenging for borscht in siberia ffs.;)

·
Registered
20,842 Posts
No trip to Cro this summer, will have to wait until next summer.

And my August trip to West Palm Beach might be off...unless this s.hit gets better soon. Love it down in Florida especially in Palm Beach...no crazy leftists in my gated community (can't afford it thankfully) and its always great weather.

·
Registered
43,816 Posts
Id say the Czechs, Slovaks and Slovenes are the cheapest. Ffs, bringing their own tomatoes and stuff like that to save a few Euros. If you are on vacation, live a little you cheap p.hucks.
:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
69,082 Posts

I personally don’t see many Russians where I am unless they mostly go to the high-end places like Dubrovnik. For the most part German, Czech and Polish are the cheapest with them often renting small apartments or brining their RVs and having almost a dozen people crammed into them (at least where I am, 5-10km north of Zadar). You can probably add Hungarians to this list as well

Spanish tourists are the most annoying, loud, no social skills etc, think of the stereotype of African-Americans in movie theaters in the US, thats Spanish tourists on the street in CRO

In my most recent trip there were a lot of Danes in Croatia which is something I never saw in the early 2000s. Tons of Chinese now which is why this virus spread in Europe like crazy and more Americans than ever. I saw some car with Finnish plates in Zadar which was weird as well lol

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
I'm holding off for a bit. We have our hotel reservations for Vienna, Frankfurt (staying with my grad school mate), and Munich set but haven't made the plane reservations yet. I think we'll wait another month or so to pull the trigger one way or another.

·
Registered
30,608 Posts
I had plans for Berlin for easter, Amsterdam in may, Milan/Piedmont early july... + a bunch of weddings and such that probably will be done via skype instead.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
Cancelled everything except northern Ontario cottage time. No Serbia, Croatia, Honduras, Hawaii this year.

Mostly love how much money I've spent on my daughter's dance competition outfits that she will never use,,,maybe,,,apart from cutting them up as some sort of Halloween costume.

·
Registered
55,954 Posts
we planned to go to Sicily in October, haven‘t booked any hotels or flights yet, wasn‘t going to reserve anything before july anyway

well, my trip tp Sofia would have been today, that went really not too well :(

1 - 20 of 68 Posts