Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I watched that match, it looked like Juve had no URGENCY at all. I am sure that we didn't abandon it, but I have to admit that the thought crossed my mind.

After that game, we win 5-2 against Lecce and now we lead Serie A.

I have a feeling that Capello cared more about the scudetto this year. If we win it, then he might care more about the Champions League next year.

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
No, we weren't good enough to progress in the CL.

There's a difference between not being able to score against a Liverpool side that only needed a draw, and thrashing a team coached by Zeman.

I think the urgency was there in the CL, it just didn't bear fruit because we didn't deploy a good enough strategy.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I too think we seriously lacked urgency in our game. Obviously the tactics employed by Capello didn't make our cause in easier but there was no sense of urgency especially those that can make a difference in the game. These being Emerson, Nedved, Camo and DP.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Nero said:
No, we weren't good enough to progress in the CL.

There's a difference between not being able to score against a Liverpool side that only needed a draw, and thrashing a team coached by Zeman.

I think the urgency was there in the CL, it just didn't bear fruit because we didn't deploy a good enough strategy.
With all due respect to Liverpool I think we were good enough to atleast advance past them. Probably not to win it all but in that matchup, I mean we're not talking about Chelsea here. There's no reason at all why Liverpool should hold us scoreless at Delle Alpi none what so ever.

Even if I strongly feel Europe will always be secondary to Juve.

·
Registered
17,565 Posts
Being good enough to advance on paper and actually doing it on the pitch are two different things, we surely deserved to in the former category but in the latter we came up woefully short. And as what happens on the pitch, we all agree, is the most important thing, i base my statements mostly on that.

We did nothing in the return leg to suggest we should've been in the semis at Liverpool's expense.

As for Europe being a secondary objective, i disagree. All the statements this season eminating from the Juve hierarchy indicated more emphasis on winning the CL than the Scudetto. We haven't won the CL trophy in a long while and being so close in 2003 has only served to increase the desire for us to win it.
I'm pretty sure if you asked any of the players or members of the management what they wanted to win the most, they'd say the CL. But we're not quite there yet it terms of having a balanced enough squad and a refined enough winning formula to take the prize.

But we're close, nothing a few reinforcements wouldn't solve.

·
Registered
43,408 Posts
Catenaccio said:
When I watched that match, it looked like Juve had no URGENCY at all.
Yes, exactly! It didnt "look like" - it was obvious. Just like during Manchester 2003 final. It basically happens every year at some point. Its called mentality. ;)

Catenaccio said:
I have a feeling that Capello cared more about the scudetto this year.
Its not Capello - its JUVE: the club, the players, the man team, the colours of your shirt.

I dont know why I have to say that all the time, every year, billions of times a year, when it is so obvious.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
....oh...btw... Catenaccio....

There is NOTHING this club wanted more than the CL. Saying that it might have been somewhat a tactical consideration.... not by a far cry. It sounds as a terribly poor excuse also.

We were PATHETIC against Liverpool. End of.

·
Registered
43,408 Posts
Absurd? How come FACTS be absurd? Again and again ... In one week, you are out of UCL and 3 pts ahead in Scudetto after Milan is on semi UCL and got 1 pt in two games v Bresia and Sienna!!!!

you are BLIND!!!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
That's really absurd and a pathetic excuse. Not to mention that it's disrespectful to Liverpool.

Why would Juventus care more for Lo Scudetto? Do you even care anymore? You have won it how many times? And how many times have you won the CL?

·
Administrator
53,037 Posts
I urge everyone to not debate with Bono please :D I like the guy,dont want anyone to encourage him to persistently continue with his crazy therory ;)

I dont know why this should need to be said,but we saw quite clearly that we werent good enough to pass,saying otherwise is insulting to Liverpool who clearly deserved it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
VERDI said:
Why would Juventus care more for Lo Scudetto? Do you even care anymore? You have won it how many times? And how many times have you won the CL?
Winning the scudetto with pride is what matters, not how many times you win it. That is something rubentus is yet to do!

I hope Liverpool will go on to win this seasons champions league because they have been playing football the way it should be played and that is with heart, guts and most of all PRIDE!

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Oh my, what have we, an authentic Toro fan! I'd never seen one alive before! :nerd:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
lol :D

anyways, I dont think we gave up on the CL. We simply sucked in the match that knocked us out. The CL is also more of a gamble than a league. We were poor and unlucky at times.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts