Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, the last legend who graced Serie A was Il Fenomeno Ronaldo on two bloody occasions mind you! After Zidane and R9 left, Serie A was never the same. Over the past decade or so, Serie A has tried to shove a bunch of clowns like Totti and Del Piero down our throats but true knowledgeable footy fans know better than that. Those guys were all hype, never made an impact on the international stage. One was handed scudetto after scudetto to him and the other decided to remain loyal to his mediocre club. Both of these guys are “legends” by default and failed to take the Italian league/game to newer heights :happy:.

BUT in 2004 a certain Brazilian took center stage. The Kaka era was born. It wasn’t easy for him folks, he had to put up with the mafia that is Juventus, lack of Italian talent, and a league lacking international top names :howler:.

But in 2007 the improbable happened: R9 joined AC Milan/Serie A again! Under his guidance Kaka was named Player of the Year, etc. Another Brazilian prodigy joined the club, shortly after. Serie A was taking a step in the right direction.

Obviously, the ratings went up again after R9 signed with AC Milan but went downward spiral after he chose not to renew his contract with the Italian side. Yes, Ronaldinho’s signing had an impact, I won’t lie. But it only lasted for a month or two the most.

This is why it was crucial for Kaka to remain in Serie A. Nobody watches Serie A and this is mainly due to the lack of Italian talent and lack of big names. BUT fear not folks, the best player Serie A has seen after Il Fenomeno Ronaldo is here to stay! The Italian association/the government should tell the pope to pack his bags and allow Kaka’s pastor to preach outside Vatican City on Sundays for crying out loud :D:D:D!

KAKA just saved Serie A! :happy:
All hail the new Caesar!
FORZA RICKY!

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok...so Sheva Nedved and all other 'clowns', despite winning ballon D'Or, aren't as good as Kaka....
the same nedved who's begging for a job...
the same sheva who couldn't make it outside Italia and is currently a 7th choice striker?

both were 1 season wonders...nothing more-nothing less!

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does this mean good old Dagoods thinks that Kaka is better than Zlatan? :proud:
Not in 08 he wasn't :D:D:D.
but Ibra is on the rise :happy:

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The reason why he didn't go to Man-City is because he wants to join Real Madrid in the summer :D:D:D.

It makes perfect sense :D. HALA MADRID!

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Clowns yeah, 254 goals for Juve and he's a fantasista ..

Dude as Andy said, stop making them.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Clowns yeah, 254 goals for Juve and he's a fantasista ..

Dude as Andy said, stop making them.
and will never-ever make the Italian all-time XI! heck I'm not even sure he is good enough to make Juve's all-time XI. Not with the likes of Baggio, Platini, Sivori, Zidane, etc. :happy:. Therefore, Dagoods is once again right :D!

- GOD BLESS AMERICA!

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Nobody watches Serie A and this is mainly due to the lack of Italian talent and lack of big names.
This is exactly the reason why Kaka won the best player of the year award, nobody watched how average he was in Seri A, the only thing people knew was his good performance in the Champion's League semifinal.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is exactly the reason why Kaka won the best player of the year award, nobody watched how average he was in Seri A, the only thing people knew was his good performance in the Champion's League semifinal.
Good point, he only scored 8 goals in 07 (Serie A) but had a good UCL tournament 10 goals in 15 games. Believe it or not Kaka is the only good thing Serie A has to offer :happy:

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
I agree with the question asked, I don't agree with any of your content.

I think Kaka saved the face of Serie A from more embarrassment, not Serie A itself.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
I think Kaka saved decency in general, nevermind the serie a. But by staying he did bolster the Milan image, which in turnm will help the serie a

1 - 16 of 16 Posts